MAFEX (Medicom) 6inch Batman TDKR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headsculpt kills it.

Yup. If the head was better I might be down for one. Finally be able to have a accurate fully articulated Batman. Hell, I'd buy him just so I can finally but a Nolan Batman in a crouch pose. :lol

I hope so!
Would be ideal if they released an improved version :pray:

That would be great if they could have gotten closer to the prototype.

Yeah I can see them doing a straight re-release. I'd probably buy another couple just for the heads :lol

:yess: Love the Medi cowl.

For 6 inches doesn't seem too bad. It is in competition with the figma/Revotech line of stuff. I believe Revotech has an OC Batman figure out.

This ain't bad.

And yeah, this will be like $45-$60 imported. lol

Last edited:
Is it? I personally don't see much "quality" in these pics. Maybe the final product will be super nice, but Medicom can't even do 1/6 with real levels of quality compared to its competition. Maybe if it looked more like this I would be interested:

https://radtoyreview.com/2012/07/10/review-3as-sdcc-2011-action-portable-boba-fett-prototype/

I understand your point karamazov and I would LOVE the quality of 6" batman will get to that level.. and that seems impossible seeing the way DC Direct and Mattel are putting out these figures.

My point is this:
I am really excited for this figure since this is really, imho, the best 6" licensed movie bats you can get out there. Is it perfect? Hell no, but it exceeded my expectations.

I am a bat nut and I have collected figures throughout the years and strictly speaking in terms of 6" movie bats, it has NEVER reached this quality before. So the fact that any company (i don't care if it's medicom, HT , or an unknown company) is willing to take a step to produce a 6" /smaller scale higher quality movie bats figure that can fit in with the DC Universe figures is really quite exciting...hope you understand what I am trying to say :)

As you can see from the previous movie figures.... they either have crap articulation or crap sculpt or both....so for this figure announcement that suddenly came out of the blue .. i am certainly pleasantly surprised.

Of course, let's all hope that the final version will look much better.

Well I hope it turns out well, and is a figure you will enjoy G'c :duff

Honestly, I tend to be a Debbie Downer with Medi stuff because I've had several bad experiences with them (including with non-RAH lines like Kubricks, which is a line where they really give collectors the finger). But their products do have their charm, and if collectors like and enjoy them then that's all that matters.

Well I hope it turns out well, and is a figure you will enjoy G'c :duff

Honestly, I tend to be a Debbie Downer with Medi stuff because I've had several bad experiences with them (including with non-RAH lines like Kubricks, which is a line where they really give collectors the finger). But their products do have their charm, and if collectors like and enjoy them then that's all that matters.

Thanks karamazov for the blessing and read my long winded posts...:D I do agree that medicom stuff have loads of problems at times.. that's why I really rather it be not medicom produce this line of figures but a new company that can produce an extra punch... but since this is a new line by Medicom I hope at least for this first line of figures they'd put some more effort in it..

For me the more high quality 6" figures the better.. Marvel has hasbro and toy biz prior (although many ppl complain about hasbro - compared to DC Mattel stuff - Hasbro really did the job adequately i'd say)..DC Direct... I have lost all hope on them - when will they finally produce a comic version of bats that have the appropriate articulation? Sorry for being OT I guess this is for another thread at another time.. :D

No, I believe the other thread people had expectations of super high quality six inchers. Not plausible IMO. It'll be way too expensive for 6 inches. This crap is already likely going to be $50 on average. Do people really wanna pay that much for six inches? The canvas for detail is too small to warrant high prices.

Well the cowl looks better than the Hot Toys DX12 and a lot better than the QS001 :lol

No, I believe the other thread people had expectations of super high quality six inchers. Not plausible IMO. It'll be way too expensive for 6 inches. This crap is already likely going to be $50 on average. Do people really wanna pay that much for six inches? The canvas for detail is too small to warrant high prices.

I get what you mean but then again it's just a batman fan thing in me that wants this figure.. not because I must collect all things batman, but just finally a decent movie batman figure...

Actually I would so wish that NECA would get the TDKR license and produce TDKR figures. That way I could get a decent quality figure with good enough articulation and a low price point. It's just the fact that Mattel cannot produce good enough 6 inch movie bats that disappoints me... (I mean come on, TDKR is one of the biggest comic movie franchises and for 6 inch figures we only get movie masters?) DC Direct? Forget it. Even if they get to produce a nice sculpt their articulation is probably going to be crap (I don't need loads of articulation, just articulation that matters -e.g. hip joints).

I think a high quality 6" Batman is definitely possible, but like Cosmo I'm just not sure the market is there. Most folks who collect 6" figures seem to want a certain level of quality that doesn't really approach what you get with high end, 1/6 scale figures. That's related to the price point, as most of those collectors would probably balk at anything over $25 or so. So, unfortunately, those like you G'c who want a really high quality 1/12 scale figure seem left with few options. I guess Medicom is trying to test the waters for this kind of audience but I fear there won't be much of one. Apart from that the Revoltech, Figma, and Play Arts stuff might be the closest thing you'll get to reasonably high quality figures of smaller scales. And the Play Arts figures are really ridiculously overpriced for what they are.

we cant expect too much detail on this figure but it seems nice to me, i got even 4 inches batman from mattel

Is there already a price out for this? I don't see how it could be about $50 since it is just under half the size of a play arts and play arts sell for about $50-$65. Surely play arts and these cannot sell for the same price. But I forgot, It's Medicom were dealing with here.

Honestly, with the exception of the headsculpt, it looks pretty nice. Medi should've shrunk their famous Batman head, and I actually might've considered buying something like this, just for the hell of it.

I think a high quality 6" Batman is definitely possible, but like Cosmo I'm just not sure the market is there. Most folks who collect 6" figures seem to want a certain level of quality that doesn't really approach what you get with high end, 1/6 scale figures. That's related to the price point, as most of those collectors would probably balk at anything over $25 or so. So, unfortunately, those like you G'c who want a really high quality 1/12 scale figure seem left with few options. I guess Medicom is trying to test the waters for this kind of audience but I fear there won't be much of one. Apart from that the Revoltech, Figma, and Play Arts stuff might be the closest thing you'll get to reasonably high quality figures of smaller scales. And the Play Arts figures are really ridiculously overpriced for what they are.

:exactly::goodpost:

Preorder open at amiami. 2820yen. Around 37 USD. Revoltech price point. Quite tempted to give it a try

link: Amiami

Back