Mafex DC Universe figure thread including ( all genre based including movie, comic )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, the figure looks great! I know the Ivy accessories are from the comic this figure is based on, but is anyone really going to display him with them, though?

I pretty much always use every accessory at some point and switch things up a lot.

That looks great. I also see that mafex has bumped their price from 50 to almost double. Has their quality improved? 100 bucks for a 6 inch figure is just not appealing.

They haven't been 50ish for a few years now. Basically every release is $70-75 on preorder from an import site.

Yeah, the only way you're paying close to $100 or more for a 6" Mafex figure is it you're ordering from a U.S. site like Big Bad Toy Store, Entertainment Earth, etc. Figures like this can always be had for much cheaper if you order through a Japanese site.

Amazing, amazing, truly amazing, they nailed it.

They went for the vines look, eh, I saw it coming, it's book-specific anyway, but still a classic Superman and what's more, a definitive Superman, at long ****ing last! :clap:

And yeah people, stop buying imports in American toystores, they don't cost $100.

Also don't get the argument that $100 is too much for a 6" figure. You're not paying for the amount of plastic they use, plastic is cheap, you're paying for design and engineering, and Hot Toys may have nice production values but any other import toy company can run circles around Hot Toys in terms of design and engineering.

So what?s the best place to order Mafex stuff? For shipping to the US. I?m thinking of getting Supes, Bats and a few others.

HLJ.com is pretty easy and user friendly to use, they have a private warehouse so you can bundle figures that are released near eachother. You can hold figures for up to 60 days after release there.

Amazon Japan is also a good place IMO, they don't bundle month to month, but shipping is 1200JPY flat for DHL. I've gotten everything from them in like 4 days tops, so fast. And it's like the US amazon where you preorder and as the price dips you get it at the lowest it was between preorder time and release.

You don't pay up front at either place.

So is putting stuff into your private warehouse essentially placing a hold onto that figure? Then once it releases you can pay for it?

So is putting stuff into your private warehouse essentially placing a hold onto that figure? Then once it releases you can pay for it?

Yeah I guess, you pay for it when it's released, then you pay for shipping once you decide what you're shipping and what method.

You pay for it when it comes in stock and if you chose private warehouse at checkout, they?ll hold the item for 60 days until you tell them to ship it. Great if you have other items you?re waiting to come in stock coz you can then ship them all in one package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Approximately, how much is the shipping for a Mafex Superman to the US from HLJ?
Hard to tell, a good way to kinda know is put something on your chart like a Mafex Venom and go through all the steps except paying, there's a step that lets you choose shipping method and gives you an estimate, which is pretty accurate.

I don't remember if it's HLJ or Amiami that gives you an estimate, but you can try both, just make sure you don't pay by accident :lol

Not really, you can PO anything without paying, and cancel orders at will, but don't overdo it, they do notice if you cancel more than you purchase.

Then, when the item is in stock, they send you a payment request.

After you pay for it, you can choose to ship it right away or put it in your private warehouse for up to 60 days, to lump it with more items and save in shipping.

Back