Mafex DC Universe figure thread including ( all genre based including movie, comic )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May 2020

mafex-dkr-batman-01.jpgmafex-dkr-batman-02.jpgmafex-dkr-batman-03.jpgmafex-dkr-batman-04.jpgmafex-dkr-batman-05.jpg

Last edited:
Mezco Blue and Yellow Oval with rifle and leg pouches.

Mezco Black and grey Batman for the boot holster and grapple pistol.

Mattel Joker with a batarang in the eye.

DC Direct Superman with Kyrptonite arrow and crushed Bat-helmet.

DC Direct Robin with Crime Alley street lamp.

Mattel or Mezco Mutant Leader (not missing out on much by going low end; but Mattel version requires custom pointy orange nipples)

(Mattel Son of Batman mutant optional...I skipped cause he's clearly wearing Guy Gardner's clothes.)

Mattel Armored Batman facing off against DCD Superman, with Bruce Wayne head that was included with Walgreens Flash.

And to tie it all together, this new MAFEX Batman, front and Center.

Throw in the ugly doll from the DCD Joker, and the Eaglemoss Bat-tank Batmobile, and it's a damn nice 6 inch scale DKR collection, just gotta mix and match the companies. I realize some people are way to OCD about collections to do that, but I love the results I get when I look at them.

Both Batman (and the MJ) look awesome! I have all three pre-ordered at HLJ!

I've been building up a Private Warehouse on HLJ for a handful of Mafex figures, but I'm just noticing today how much cheaper Nippon-Yasan has them (the Mafex figures are each ~$7 cheaper and the Figuarts Crait Luke is ~$10 cheaper). According to Nippon-Yasan's Pre-Order info page (https://www.nippon-yasan.com/cms.php?id_cms=10), you can place an order for multiple pre-orders that have different release dates and they won't ship until the last item you pre-ordered is released, but does anyone have experience with that? Some of the release dates for the Mafex figures I'm after are 11 months apart. Will Nippon-Yasan really hold something for 11 months? Does anyone have any idea how much they would charge to ship 8ish figures all at once to me in the USA?

For me in the UK it's not worth it as if I ship a large package it will definitely include customs charges. Where smaller packages get away with it.

That being said in my experience they will hold your package but 11 months I don't know. But I also don't know why you would want to wait just to save $10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me in the UK it's not worth it as if I ship a large package it will definitely include customs charges. Where smaller packages get away with it.

That being said in my experience they will hold your package but 11 months I don't know. But I also don't know why you would want to wait just to save $10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the response, though in the situation I'm in now I would potentially be saving $10ish dollars per figure (x7), not just $10 total.

I've been building up a Private Warehouse on HLJ for a handful of Mafex figures, but I'm just noticing today how much cheaper Nippon-Yasan has them (the Mafex figures are each ~$7 cheaper and the Figuarts Crait Luke is ~$10 cheaper). According to Nippon-Yasan's Pre-Order info page (https://www.nippon-yasan.com/cms.php?id_cms=10), you can place an order for multiple pre-orders that have different release dates and they won't ship until the last item you pre-ordered is released, but does anyone have experience with that? Some of the release dates for the Mafex figures I'm after are 11 months apart. Will Nippon-Yasan really hold something for 11 months? Does anyone have any idea how much they would charge to ship 8ish figures all at once to me in the USA?

The thing for me is the HLJ doesn’t charge till it comes in. NY charges right away.

I just found these figures. I have been looking for good DC figures for a long time. Is there any indication of how deep they are going into the DC comic figures line? Also, are these the same size as marvel legends figures?

No indication. It could be just these two Batman figures....it could be a dozen more. There's no saying with Medicom.

Their Marvel comics inspired figures line is Spider-Man, Venom, Deadpool, Cyclops, Wolverine, and Gwenpool(?) so far.

MAFEX takes a looooong time to hit shelves though. It usually takes about a year or so from seeing the prototype to having it in hand.

Scale is a bit of a mess....my MAFEX Robocop is much shorter than a typical Marvel Legends figure, so it's hard to say how these are gonna fit in.

I'm still buying that Dark Knight Returns though....no matter what!

Back