Mafex DC Universe figure thread including ( all genre based including movie, comic )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he looks too thin and that cape is a hot mess.

Mafex faces are meh as well, Marvel and DC.

Nice Spidey though one of their only superhero home runs plus their Fett obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does BBTS not have this already. Really want him in hand excited for the other characters. Hope Nightwing, and Robin get made.

It was released like a week and a half ago in Japan; BBTS's giant order is on a slow boat over the Pacific.
Yeah I couldn't wait for them so I went to AmiAmi and got him there today. I've seen a lot of reviews on YT and he is getting good scores. I'm glad he is one of Mafex best, as their QC issues have put me off from getting their stuff aside from JL Batman.

I knew it!

me36.jpg

me37.jpg

me38.jpg

me39.jpg

me41.jpg

me40.jpg

me47.jpg

me46.jpg

me44.jpg

me45.jpg

Would have liked a darker blue. Like the HUSH Batman.

Last edited:
Batman starts out being built like a normal superhero in the first issue of TDKR and ends up being built like the Mafex version by the last issue. The same thing happened to Marv from a Sin City. Starts out muscled but still lean But ends up being built like The Hulk’s little brother by the end of the series. Carrie should have come with the Black and Gray version and the blue version should be a lot leaner. The bat symbol is also too big. I can’t believe I have to by this Batman to get Carrie Kelly/ Robin. She looks great.

That looks awesome, I'd be all over it if I hadn't bought the Mezco Supreme Knight. Have to be selective with my high end Batmen. :wink1: And the Mafex site now shows Superman releasing in November :gah:

Man, that light blue TDKR Batman and Robin look amazing, but I already have Mafex's black costume TDKR Batman and battle damaged light blue costume TDKR Batman in my private warehouse on HLJ... decisions, decisions!

I'm getting them ALL. Frank Miller is my jam.

I think I'm more excited (at least AS excited) for this as I was for the Mezco.

At the time, the Mezco was more exciting cause that was the first One:12.....we were gonna find out if the concept "worked" or not. And I've happily displayed my Mezco DKR figures for five years now, but I never pose them or mess around with them cause I'm terrified of ripping their suits, etc.

If these are "good" Mafex like RoboCop, then I'll have more fun with this set of DKR figures, I'm sure.

So glad his cape looks reasonable here, unlike the Hush cape which looks like some strange blue fuzzy creature eating Batman.

I'm getting them ALL. Frank Miller is my jam.

I think I'm more excited (at least AS excited) for this as I was for the Mezco.

At the time, the Mezco was more exciting cause that was the first One:12.....we were gonna find out if the concept "worked" or not. And I've happily displayed my Mezco DKR figures for five years now, but I never pose them or mess around with them cause I'm terrified of ripping their suits, etc.

If these are "good" Mafex like RoboCop, then I'll have more fun with this set of DKR figures, I'm sure.

So glad his cape looks reasonable here, unlike the Hush cape which looks like some strange blue fuzzy creature eating Batman.

:lol :lol :lol

Well they are 2 different designs but you are not wrong.

Yeah I will take plastic with joints any day of the week over tightly clothed ACTION figures from Mezco or HT.

It’s a disgrace to action figure collecting all these boring museum poses being forced onto collectors with these tight costumes that pinch, wrinkle, flake and tear.

Do they look nice sure they do but don’t call them action figures.

Why even bother giving those HT Spiderman, Black Panther, Black Widow, Batman and Superman joints in the first place if you can’t use them.

Grrr

Rant over lol

Back