MAFEX Batman v Superman: DOJ Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
glad thing worked out with you guys figures ,they are smashing little figures and a ton of fun to mess around with ,and im sure in scale with the mattel batmobile for a cheap option to repaint and fix up

platty yeah i reckon a little dullcoat would fix the streaks on his cowl

sewol be careful with the heating up ,i heated up bats ,on a radiator ,nice and soft but the plastic felt like it was going to tear at the joint rather than move

plastic b yeah well i heard back from hlj and they offered to send replacements if i sent the old ones back ,or refund me the purchase price but not the postage ,in light of the apparent poor qc on these figure and the customs duty i paid and would have to pay again on the replacements ,thats a no go
so i asked for a partial refund ,they agreed on 25%per figure ,but want me to have it in store credit ,
its not likely ill ever buy from them again so waiting to see if they will give me a cash refund

i think for the next wave wonder woman etc ill just wait and see if it gets better before i buy ,the cheap mattel basic figure is in nice scale with bats and supes for a stand in ,so i might see if i can fix her up a bit and wait a while ,if mafex don't fix them il just buy the knock offs ,less than half the price ,and no parcel farce to deliver them and no customs duty lol :lol

28605200930_dd33b8698a_c.jpg

repaired supes with basic mattel wonder woman just repainted the gold so far ,might try porting parts over to a better articulated body ,not sure lol

Last edited:
28605352170_846ebce38f_c.jpg
28605343390_826bd548ae_c.jpg

stood up straight and with icons flash ,match well size wise to my eye

Last edited:
...damn, Superman and Batman look good in that pic. Already ordered mine from AmiAmi, hope mine won't have any issues!

P.S. Can't believe I'm actually buying a Superman figure :D

Awesome pics Libby! :clap:

I think, the figure I like the most out of there is Flash :lol

thanks fellas they really are great figures fragility aside ,but hopefully thats not a issue for all who buy and they get it worked out
lol yeah the flash is a terrific figure ,i think its the best flash figure ive owned ,great for around $20 and has a cosmic treadmill as well:yess:

hey thanks for posting ,handy to know but that stuff sure is hard to find in the uk ,any brits seen it or a equivalent product about ,

well after repairing supes i got a little more confident about messing with these figure and decided to upgrade or downgrade ,depending on your point of view :lol the cape on bats for a non wired one ,got tired of trying to make it look good ,not that it cant be made to look good but its a pain in the arse to me :lol,
28444938753_9be4ebef30_z.jpg

28776548010_958f3b2f16_z.jpg
29062816435_a0baa417ea_c.jpg

not super movie accurate but close enough for me this time round ,makes him a lot easier to stand up :yess::lol

So HLJ didn't come through for you LIBBY?

l

well they sort of did ,in all honesty they offered a full refund and returned postage ,but as i paid £31 customs duty ,and i couldn't in all conscience expect them to refund that ,i would have been well out of pocket :thud:
they offered to send a new set on receiving the broken one and one with missing parts back ,i would have had to wait a fair while pay more customs duty on the replacements and no guarantee that the new ones wouldn't be as bad as my last ones :thud:
so i opted to keep and repair ,they offered 25% partial refund on the figures , not the total order cost and not postage ,which didn't really seem a great offer to me in terms of repairing customer confidence and encouraging me to shop with them again ,i won't:gah: ,but in light of my predicament ,the only viable solution

well they sort of did ,in all honesty they offered a full refund and returned postage ,but as i paid £31 customs duty ,and i couldn't in all conscience expect them to refund that ,i would have been well out of pocket :thud:
they offered to send a new set on receiving the broken one and one with missing parts back ,i would have had to wait a fair while pay more customs duty on the replacements and no guarantee that the new ones wouldn't be as bad as my last ones :thud:
so i opted to keep and repair ,they offered 25% partial refund on the figures , not the total order cost and not postage ,which didn't really seem a great offer to me in terms of repairing customer confidence and encouraging me to shop with them again ,i won't:gah: ,but in light of my predicament ,the only viable solution

I paid like bloody 28$ for the Batman but fortunately its a good copy :pray: touchwood

2016-08-20 06.24.46 1.jpg

Superimposed both the Bat and Sups in a fan made poster, which i found online which was kind of low resolution.If only the Wonder Woman figure was released with these two figure.:gah:

Yeah you were in a tough spot. I wouldn't put all the blame on HLJ, I'd be more wary about Mafex stuff than HLJ themselves :lol

Do you have to pay customs every time you get something from Asia?

Yeah you were in a tough spot. I wouldn't put all the blame on HLJ, I'd be more wary about Mafex stuff than HLJ themselves :lol

Do you have to pay customs every time you get something from Asia?

pretty much every time i buy anything from overseas i get stuck with customs duty ,i think anything over $30 value is subject to customs duty ,at 20% plus a handling fee of whatever they feel like charging at the time ,typically £8 to £16 where it gets really dirty is they add the postage cost to the declared vale just to shove it up you a little further :thud:,so a boxed hot toys figure costing say $235 plus $50 postage is taxed at $285 and 20%tax plus £15 handling fee runs about £60 :slap:mad:
some sellers will help you out by declaring a lower value on the forms but you cant really blame them if they wont
so new hot toys bvs bats at scalper price $600 is a terrifying prospect as it is without customs charges :gah:

pretty much every time i buy anything from overseas i get stuck with customs duty ,i think anything over $30 value is subject to customs duty ,at 20% plus a handling fee of whatever they feel like charging at the time ,typically £8 to £16 where it gets really dirty is they add the postage cost to the declared vale just to shove it up you a little further :thud:,so a boxed hot toys figure costing say $235 plus $50 postage is taxed at $285 and 20%tax plus £15 handling fee runs about £60 :slap:mad:
some sellers will help you out by declaring a lower value on the forms but you cant really blame them if they wont
so new hot toys bvs bats at scalper price $600 is a terrifying prospect as it is without customs charges :gah:

:thud:

I have no words for this injustice.

Back