MAFEX Batman v Superman: DOJ Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own all of MAFEX's TDK and TDKR offerings including three Batmans, a Catwoman, the Joker and the Batpod. All three Batman figures (one Version 1 and two version 2s) all have issues and two ended up breaking at their joints and hands. All had to be repaired with super glue. I spent about $90 just for these figures. The Catwoman and Joker also broke and the Batpod needed to have several parts re-glued out of the box. All in all, over $200 worth of MAFEX product, all broke or busted. No way in hell will I buy anymore of these (just like the DC Animated line from DC Direct). Its a goddamn travesty having to spend that kind of money on products with this kind of quality. At this point, you buy any of these MAFEX products, you're being suckered.

yeah definitely got that ive been suckered feeling ,not just mafex , hobby link japan also ,not a by you leave or kiss my arse for them since i reported the breakage and missing parts :gah:

done some digging and heres what i think the problem is ,
along with the poor plastic that it seems they used
28829842875_67a466bd36_c.jpg

this is the hip section with the hip joints ,removed from the rubbery trunk covering
as you can hopefully see the attachement point where it broke is very flimsy
and i suspect that when the assembled part was glued into the trunk section the glue ran and stuck the front hip joint and froze it ,this would be the figures left leg .which would account for all the reported leg breaks ive seen being the one on the left ,same as mine
28215101033_86c000a5c9_z.jpg

well at least i have a idea now how to repair it if hlj don't play nice :lol
hell i might just do it for the hell of it ,they are super nice figures and i wont get my customs fee returned and replacements would probably be as bad and id have to pay another £31 customs charge ,so a partial refund and fix it up would probably be the best solution for me anyway

Last edited:
cant say for sure but it worked for me ,well for now any way :pray:
but took bats waist apart ,boil and pop
put a small spot of clipper oil on the ball and a little on the hip joints ,freed them up for now ,joints creak a little
but now move relatively easily now

cant say for sure but it worked for me ,well for now any way :pray:
but took bats waist apart ,boil and pop
put a small spot of clipper oil on the ball and a little on the hip joints ,freed them up for now ,joints creak a little
but now move relatively easily now

Could you elaborate please? Getting mine tomorrow and don't want to take any chances.

Mine just arrived and I've been following this thread and worrying I've made a bad choice. Low and behold Supermans arm right arm, at the shoulder is broken right away!
Batman on he other hand fine. Such a shame as they are both really nice!

I wonder if any spares will turn up on evilbay?

Could you elaborate please? Getting mine tomorrow and don't want to take any chances.

hey up scouse :wink1:just down the road in leafy cheshire myself
sure i put the figure up to his chest in boiling water ,
let it soften for a minute or two
then carefully pulled the waist joint apart
leaving a ball and socket arrangement
i put a small amount of clipper oil ,just a thin lubricating oil to well .. lubricate the joint and keep the joint free moving
before reconnecting i spread the legs out to the side ,my left leg was stuck no forward or back movement,and dabbed a little oil on a cotton bud on the hip joint ,freed them up a treat ,the waist is still tight and creaks a little though but it at least moves now
still free this morning so fingers crossed its worked permanently
hope yours work out ok they are great looking figures ,way too good to leave in the box :lol,just go careful and hold the figure firmly and close to the joint when attempting to move the joint
cant say this is a definitive fix and face it you shouldn't have to piss around with these semi high end priced imports ,but it got mine on the move anyway
who did you get yous from

Last edited:
Mine just arrived and I've been following this thread and worrying I've made a bad choice. Low and behold Supermans arm right arm, at the shoulder is broken right away!
Batman on he other hand fine. Such a shame as they are both really nice!

I wonder if any spares will turn up on evilbay?

ah sorry to hear that pal ,such a shame this thing are subject to these problems ,
im going to try to repair my supes due to seller indifference
while hes in bits ill take a look at the shoulder assembly and see it there is a fix i can recommend

okay after being offer 25%refund ,deductible against future orders :thud:
ive fixed supes as best i can .got a doner bar bell from a mattel man of steel mm figure
28725076072_1ff9317520_z.jpg

cut off the extra ball
28545831640_4f1f1daa3d_z.jpg

fitted the hips ball sockets on each end
28725090362_b2e6868d8a_z.jpg

detached the ball joint from the leg and fitted the trunk section in place
28798584786_9ef15e41d3_c.jpg

and reattached the leg to the ball section
28215235043_ae6b177d02_z.jpg

so far so good :lol then got the original hip and waist section and cut out the middle with the broken part
28231100473_f07b2803e3_z.jpg

then fitted it back in place over the new hip joint
28561749020_86fb480a1f_z.jpg

28561820910_8144893176_c.jpg

28846044205_1e7fc1ce7c_z.jpg

then glued it in place and replaced the upper body he now stands and has reasonable range of movement ,
28814899996_6b005fe9f5_c.jpg

28231307213_02d5502b0d_z.jpg

for anyone wondering heres the mafex head on the mattel figure
28770227151_92fe1f6b2c_c.jpg

pretty good in my opinion

Attachments

• 28770227151_92fe1f6b2c_c.jpg
    28770227151_92fe1f6b2c_c.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
hey up scouse :wink1:just down the road in leafy cheshire myself
sure i put the figure up to his chest in boiling water ,
let it soften for a minute or two
then carefully pulled the waist joint apart
leaving a ball and socket arrangement
i put a small amount of clipper oil ,just a thin lubricating oil to well .. lubricate the joint and keep the joint free moving
before reconnecting i spread the legs out to the side ,my left leg was stuck no forward or back movement,and dabbed a little oil on a cotton bud on the hip joint ,freed them up a treat ,the waist is still tight and creaks a little though but it at least moves now
still free this morning so fingers crossed its worked permanently
hope yours work out ok they are great looking figures ,way too good to leave in the box :lol,just go careful and hold the figure firmly and close to the joint when attempting to move the joint
cant say this is a definitive fix and face it you shouldn't have to piss around with these semi high end priced imports ,but it got mine on the move anyway
who did you get yous from

Thanks a lot buddy, put my mind slightly at ease. I too will be joining the Cheshire ranks in a few weeks when I move back for Uni! I got mine from amiami by the way, also got the whole MAFEX dceu roster on pre-order, though I am slightly regretting that.

no worries pal hope it works out for you with yours ,they are good looking figures and a nice size to mess about with ,just hope these are isolated cases with the breaks if not im just going to wait for the knock offs ,to come around :lol around £15 delivered for the figma knock offs, hulk is brilliant for the money and no customs duty :yess:,
let us know how yours pan out

Will do bud. Hows the paint app on the figma knock-offs? I resent paying nearly 30 quid in import fees on a six-inch figure.

ive got no complaints with the knock offs at all ,then again ive not bought the proper ones :wink1:,:loli got hulk ,thor captain america and ironman and the age of ultron thor shfiguarts ,a little loose but good enough for me for £10 cheaper than a marvel legends figure :yess:
28772943041_f4d0dfa52b_z.jpg
28233909513_6ce02f1816_z.jpg

where you at in cheshire ,my son went to mid cheshire campus in northwich ,and south cheshire college ,and we by the Manchester Metropolitan University in crewe

yeah your not wrong :slap:lol
good luck with yours mate ,be careful with the left legs , supes was broken in the tray ,and bats is "restricted "in free movement front to back ,and frozen at the waist joint
really hope that these breakages are not widespread and there's some good ones made it out as they are great little figures ,supes complexion aside :lol
who did you get yours from platty

not heard back from hobby link japan ,reported the problem thursday ,nothing ,anyone had problems like this with them before :thud:

paypal advised me to open a case against them ,but reluctant to do that ,but come monday the gloves are off

Thanks bud. Well I'm happy to report there are no serious issues on mine. All the joints are okay. A few of batmans were a little stiff but they've loosened. And supes knee joint is a touch floppy on one leg but nothing serious yet.

The main problem with my set is the paint on batman's head. The mouth is sloppy, with bleeding from the black paint of the cowl onto the flesh, and the cowl itself has many little spots where the Matt finish has worn off, leaving glossy scratches and circles.

Any tips on how to fix that? Would you go over it with some Matt varnish?

As you say they are really great figures. I actually prefer supes, and I'm a massive batman fan and was debating selling supes before he got here (due to £90 for the figures and £24 customs charge) supes likeness is great. His complexion isn't the best like you say :lol but I bet with a repaint he'd be even better.

I got mine from ami ami. Shipped by DHL. Who I can't recommend enough. Comparing DHL to parcel force is like night and day. Parcelforce are awful in comparison. DHL text you when it is going to arrive, then around 3 days before it is due to arrive text you the custom charge amount and how to pay. Which means there is no delay and waiting around to receive a letter to pay the charges.

So if you go for EMS from amiami, parcel force take over it in the uk, and are crap, no communication, they send you a letter for customs charges which takes days to get to you, and you pay £24.

If you go for DHL, you get great communication, speedy delivery, the option to pay online days in advance for customs charges, but you pay £24 also.

Just somethin for people in the uk who buy from amiami to bear in mind.

Thanks bud. Well I'm happy to report there are no serious issues on mine. All the joints are okay. A few of batmans were a little stiff but they've loosened. And supes knee joint is a touch floppy on one leg but nothing serious yet.

The main problem with my set is the paint on batman's head. The mouth is sloppy, with bleeding from the black paint of the cowl onto the flesh, and the cowl itself has many little spots where the Matt finish has worn off, leaving glossy scratches and circles.

Any tips on how to fix that? Would you go over it with some Matt varnish?

As you say they are really great figures. I actually prefer supes, and I'm a massive batman fan and was debating selling supes before he got here (due to £90 for the figures and £24 customs charge) supes likeness is great. His complexion isn't the best like you say :lol but I bet with a repaint he'd be even better.

I got mine from ami ami. Shipped by DHL. Who I can't recommend enough. Comparing DHL to parcel force is like night and day. Parcelforce are awful in comparison. DHL text you when it is going to arrive, then around 3 days before it is due to arrive text you the custom charge amount and how to pay. Which means there is no delay and waiting around to receive a letter to pay the charges.

So if you go for EMS from amiami, parcel force take over it in the uk, and are crap, no communication, they send you a letter for customs charges which takes days to get to you, and you pay £24.

If you go for DHL, you get great communication, speedy delivery, the option to pay online days in advance for customs charges, but you pay £24 also.

Just somethin for people in the uk who buy from amiami to bear in mind.

Yeah, parcelforce aren't great. I had to ring up and pay my customs charge because I'm not gonna sit around waiting for a letter in 2016. Ditto for the loose leg on supes and the stiff joints on bats, especially the lower torso. Might have a go heating him up in a bit but for the most part these are some incredible six-inch figures.

Here are some pics. They are really great figures.

c24e8e4e64c37dbc148b250e9399fc35.jpg
56979367bed892597cc510133f2c4381.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not heard back from hobby link japan ,reported the problem thursday ,nothing ,anyone had problems like this with them before :thud:

paypal advised me to open a case against them ,but reluctant to do that ,but come monday the gloves are off

I've been a HLJ customer for just over a decade, and their customer service has always gone above and beyond for me in the past. It's one of the reasons I always recommended them over AmiAmi.

Very sad to hear that may not be the case anymore, I wonder if they've had a high volume of complaints about these?

Back