Mad Max: Fury Road

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean the dude was a sick *******, but you gotta remember Vader slaughtered children.... and caused the suffering of billions of people across the galaxy. Vader went along with blowing a whole ******** planet up.

Vader's evil actions far outweigh Joe's.... which translate to better villain.

tumblr_n6hosuViIP1qazzogo1_500.gif

:lol he really ****ed Vader a bit for me, so did HC.

But it is a good question, Vader or Joe?

Joe killed countless people, in fact, all gangs in Australia (in scale with Star Wars world of course), probably killed countless children and women too if they weren't fit to carry his children or prolong the human race or at the very least let them die, established a system and a society based on slavery and he did it all in a delusion of thinking he was doing the right thing, as he saw himself as a messiah.

If Joe lived in SW, He would be the Emperor, not Vader.

So I'd go for Joe.

Joe was a child to, so saying that because Vader was a child and therefore can not be a better villain is a pretty stupid argument.

:lol he really ****ed Vader a bit for me, so did HC.

But it is a good question, Vader or Joe?

Joe killed countless people, in fact, all gangs in Australia (in scale with Star Wars world of course), probably killed countless children and women too if they weren't fit to carry his children or prolong the human race or at the very least let them die, established a system and a society based on slavery and he did it all in a delusion of thinking he was doing the right thing, as he saw himself as a messiah.

If Joe lived in SW, He would be the Emperor, not Vader.

So I'd go for Joe.

No, he would probably be some sleazy scumbag on the lower levels of Courscant or on Tatooine.

Killing a few thousands vs blowing up a whole world, slaughtering hundreds of children, and causing the suffering of a whole galaxy full of trillions of people. Also, torturing his own daughter and trying to kill his own son.
The choice is clearly Vader.

:lol Fair enough, everyone is entitled to there opinion, then again, I am not surprised that this is coming from someone with a old Mad Max gif as there sig :lol

Do you consider him to be a better character than Vader then? More iconic?

I mean the dude was a sick *******, but you gotta remember Vader slaughtered children.... and caused the suffering of billions of people across the galaxy. Vader went along with blowing a whole ******** planet up.

Vader's evil actions far outweigh Joe's.... which translate to better villain.

The statement was that Hans Gruber from Die Hard is one of the best movie villains, not anyone in the Mad Max films.

Like Bane, Vader is just a henchman. :lol

Being a great film villain doesn't require you to be the most despicable, evil bastard of all time. Nor does it require you to be the main man. It requires having an effect on the story and on audiences, and Vader does both of those things, as does Gruber. Joe from Mad Max was a great bad guy, but he's never going to be an icon like those other guys.

Watched it for about the fourth or fifth time this weekend. Catch some small, new details every time I watch it again.

Back