Mad Max: Fury Road

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd post this here for fun. Awesome work...

Fury Road Mad Max and Immortan Joe
976cc54598b2ab975ad4753c8deb66ae.jpg

7e242d287be1c13c5f0dc105041731d5.jpg

I modded a sculpt I found on ebay Dam toys ranger I believe.
Here's what it really looks like.

88ce8f6f72b2486c89a89b2f06956f5d.jpg

b3940fcde021f36d5d9e878d0fa3f4f5.jpg

I sculpted the Joe mask over a Tommy Lee Jones head last night

Pleasure.

I couldn't believe that Jake is already on top of Mad Max.

Immortan Joe is going to be an insane custom. Imagine the clear armor and the white troll hair.

You're not completely out of the ballpark on some of the custom projects around, I'm sure.

I know there's a new custom Indy project going and if you were to get all the parts being offered from various customizers and then get the rest of the bits yourself on ebay, the finished figure could cost somewhere between $650-$800.

But isn't that where this market is headed? Hulkbuster costs that much.

Doesn't exclusivity justify the prices? At least it does to the custom guys.

I'm getting HB even though I think the price is obscene, greatest mass-produced action figure or not.

Exclusivity? I don't know, even customizers are doing 2nd runs of figures and clothing sets, sculpts too. Where there's demand...

I never buy on exclusivity. In fact, I wish everyone could have whatever I have. I don't think there's any fun in being the only one to have something. Certainly no one will have interest in anything that they can't share, so you're pretty much alone in your super exclusive stuff. Only benefit is re-sale. And where's the fun in that?

Yesterday there was a big story from Latino-Reviewregarding Jason Statham’s possible turn as Bullseye in the second season of Netflix’s Daredevil show. Apparently, Marvel wants him for the role, and there was a meet-up between Statham and Marvel people at some point.

I have a hard time believing Statham will ultimately play Bullseye. Not that I wouldn’t love that. It seems like Statham might have a hard time believing it too. While doing promotion for his upcoming film, Spy, he let this wonderful tirade go:

A lot of the modern sort of action movies I see, you know, Marvel comic sort of things, I just think, any guy can do it. I have no ambition. I mean, I could take my grandma and put her in a cape, and then put her in a greenscreen, and then have stunt doubles come in and do all the action. Anybody can do it. I mean, they’re relying on stunt doubles, and greenscreen, and $200 million budget, it’s all CGI-created. So to me, that is not authentic. I’m inspired by old, real star guys that can really do it.

I imagine Statham is actually just using Marvel as a specific example of a much broader problem with today’s action. For the most part, he’s not wrong, though I’m not sure this is as much of an issue on a cheap show like Daredevil, which, if nothing else, had some legit action on display.
Still, you gotta love that Statham. I hope he one day makes this Grandma Superhero movie he’s talking about.

Yesterday there was a big story from Latino-Reviewregarding Jason Statham’s possible turn as Bullseye in the second season of Netflix’s Daredevil show. Apparently, Marvel wants him for the role, and there was a meet-up between Statham and Marvel people at some point.

I have a hard time believing Statham will ultimately play Bullseye. Not that I wouldn’t love that. It seems like Statham might have a hard time believing it too. While doing promotion for his upcoming film, Spy, he let this wonderful tirade go:

A lot of the modern sort of action movies I see, you know, Marvel comic sort of things, I just think, any guy can do it. I have no ambition. I mean, I could take my grandma and put her in a cape, and then put her in a greenscreen, and then have stunt doubles come in and do all the action. Anybody can do it. I mean, they’re relying on stunt doubles, and greenscreen, and $200 million budget, it’s all CGI-created. So to me, that is not authentic. I’m inspired by old, real star guys that can really do it.

I imagine Statham is actually just using Marvel as a specific example of a much broader problem with today’s action. For the most part, he’s not wrong, though I’m not sure this is as much of an issue on a cheap show like Daredevil, which, if nothing else, had some legit action on display.
Still, you gotta love that Statham. I hope he one day makes this Grandma Superhero movie he’s talking about.

Glad to hear Statham is joining Daredevil!

uhm erm Anyways I hope to see Mad Max tomorrow in 3D with korean subtitles!

That Max custom is amazing! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Any word on whether the sequel has been given the green light?

bullseye-1433513648.gif

No stupid Bullseye on forehead please... :lol

Saw this last night, and it's the most fun movie I've seen in a while.
Loved it!
The action, the story, and especially the music! I thought the music was so well handled.
Great movie!

Saw this last night, and it's the most fun movie I've seen in a while.
Loved it!
The action, the story, and especially the music! I thought the music was so well handled.
Great movie!

:clap

See, this is what gets me truly excited... been a long, long time since I saw a movie move by word-of-mouth like this, and with such consistent satisfaction. Love it. Wish more movie-going experiences were like this. They used to be more often.

Back