Mad Max: Fury Road

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were a lot of shaved heads in this movie, they were more like a Ripley cult from Aliens 3 than an IJ cult. :lol

Toast was one of the wives, how could I forget one of them. :lol

Nah, I remember what I needed to remember, that stupid guitar guy playing thrash metal being one of them!

Why everyone is in love with that is beyond me. :lol

They should've stopped at the drummers for their music of war!

I have to say, it's tough to follow JYE's posts with acronyms attached to everything and everyone. :lol

Wasn't the music box playing a different song in the new movie?

The theater last night wasn't full, but it was probably 75% full.

Here's something to consider instead of how many people were in your theater.

Yes, Pitch Perfect made more money this weekend. Pitch Perfect is also a date movie. But it's also a babysitter movie. It's PG-13 so parents can drop their kids off at the theater and be alone.

Mad Max, a hard R, balls out action movie about cars exploding made $40 million in 2 days. Let me put that in perspective. Dredd made $37 million world wide in it's entire run. Compared to Dredd, this is a massive victory for these kinds of films.

Here's something to consider instead of how many people were in your theater.

Yes, Pitch Perfect made more money this weekend. Pitch Perfect is also a date movie. But it's also a babysitter movie. It's PG-13 so parents can drop their kids off at the theater and be alone.

Mad Max, a hard R, balls out action movie about cars exploding made $40 million in 2 days. Let me put that in perspective. Dredd made $37 million world wide in it's entire run. Compared to Dredd, this is a massive victory for these kinds of films.

Oh no, you are absolutely correct, I didn't see the weekend numbers yet.

I believe that MM will be a good win for an R movie, maybe not a huge win, but a win nonetheless!

I'm not letting Jye ruin this movie forms. But I also didn't cry during RW either 

I promise that i'm not trying to ruin this movie for anyone, or take any enjoyment out of it.

Believe me, I loved AOU, i've been on the receiving end, the good thing is we all have MOS to hate! :lol

I cried in RW because it's like watching Die Hard on wheels! :lol

Didn't really feel any feminist vibes. Not sure why all these reviews are bringing it up. You had those huge cows being used for lactation. Those brides being used for nothing but reproduction. Those female warriors getting killed brutally left and right. That doesn't really scream empowerment to me.

I thought Furiosa was a great, strong character, not because she was a woman, but because she was written and acted extremely well. Didn't matter what gender she was for me.

I think the feminist angle being talked about in the news is counter-marketing generated by Warner to woo female moviegoers away from Pitch Perfect 2.

I promise that i'm not trying to ruin this movie for anyone, or take any enjoyment out of it.

Believe me, I loved AOU, i've been on the receiving end, the good thing is we all have MOS to hate! :lol

I cried in RW because it's like watching Die Hard on wheels! :lol

at least not everyone is attacking you here, the AOU thread is a disgrace :lol

I think the feminist angle being talked about in the news is counter-marketing generated by Warner to woo female moviegoers away from Pitch Perfect 2.

which didnt f ing work at all

most girls took their boyfriends to see pitch perfect

lol gtfo! :lol

image.jpg

which didnt f ing work at all

most girls took their boyfriends to see pitch perfect

Fat girl flashing her upside down ***** to a crowd of people > Empowered female warrior who can hold her own against anyone.

Message received ladies. I don't want to hear another word about your feminism. :lol

:lol :lol

Weekend report:

Gotta mention an interesting social media phenom yesterday — MadMax Twitter hashtags (28K) were actually outpacing PP2 (21K) on Friday but, according to RelishMix, they were neck-in-neck on Saturday with 23K a piece, while the musical comedy earned/owned ratio of reposted YouTube videos led at an impressive 26 to 1 over Mad Max at 18 to 1. Comments on Twitter were taking PP2 to task for racist/sexist jokes. Which brings us to:

Warner Bros.’ Mad Max: Fury Road grossed right around where it was expected when we did the preview story last week. The violent, dystopian actioner from George Miller held well Saturday night and will end the weekend with a cume of $44.4M in its debut weekend. It marks Miller’s best opening ever. The film, co-produced and co-financed by Village Roadshow, had a lock on the male audience.

Mad Max, which starred Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron, also bowed 7 PM on Thursday with a good start of $3.6M and parlayed that into a $16.68M Friday; this was R-rated which definitely constricts its box office but the studio is betting that positive reviews (70% of its males audience gave it an A- CinemaScore) will give it strong legs for at least the next couple of weeks. Next weekend’s percentage drop will tell the tale, but expect a long play internationally where it has been in a head-to-head competition in some markets with PP2 for the No. 1 slot (see Nancy Tartaglione’s international report for that story).

Saw it twice this weekend, I did my job :lol

Still contemplating on whether I should go tonight or not.

Back