Mad Max: Fury Road

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who've seen it, did you get the Batman v Superman trailer?

No trailers at all at my screening (Brisbane, Australia).

It's a big call to say it's better than The Road Warrior, and in a way it's an unfair comparison because they're different films. It's more like a *much* improved version of Thunderdome.

Unbelievable really. Isn't this on the most likely to flop thread here? So much for that, WOM should ensure it doesn't

Yeah, there seems to be little to no anticipation for it, so hopefully the buzz will carry it.

Don't expect much of a story. It's all about the trip.

I'll be honest and admit that I did not like the blown out bright colors they went with, I prefer the look of how RR presented the desert and sand.

But that alone is not enough to detract me from seeing a new MM movie.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is common knowledge, but it's the same actor playing a new villain, 36 years after the original film :horror

ehIM6d2.jpg

Watched Road Warrior the other night and am watching Thunderdome now. First time for me, never watched these growing up. Wow, quite a change in tone with the third one. Road Warrior has boomerangs lodged in heads and a woman being raped and murdered and Thunderdome is pretty much The Goonies.

What do you mean a-dev.

I was talking about Thunderdome. Like all franchises it seemed to go down the comedy route, cutting out serious violence and harsh content. Not an original observation I'm sure but I've never seen these films before (though I've always been aware of them)

just watched it. kinda enjoyed it more than days of ultron tbh. lolz
the vehicle chase and stunt work is like watching the crazies do cirque de solei stuff the movie.:lol
no batman vs superman trailer, we got polterderp, san adreas goes to hell and raptor jesus rises trailers instead.:yess:

i dont recall any comedic break at all.
max had speaking lines like arnold in a terminator movie.
i think i could put it on mute and still enjoy it.

I was talking about Thunderdome. Like all franchises it seemed to go down the comedy route, cutting out serious violence and harsh content. Not an original observation I'm sure but I've never seen these films before (though I've always been aware of them)

BTD is equivalent to Terminator 3.

I just found out today :slap :lol

it's ok, I like AOU. :lol

Watched Road Warrior the other night and am watching Thunderdome now. First time for me, never watched these growing up. Wow, quite a change in tone with the third one. Road Warrior has boomerangs lodged in heads and a woman being raped and murdered and Thunderdome is pretty much The Goonies.

Mad Max is a straight up revenge flick with awesome vehicles as the weapon of choice.

Road Warrior is an action flick. And my favorite flick. My ESB...

Beyond Thunderdome is a basic watered down PG13ish Road Warrior with Ewoks errrr kids.

Fury Road looks like what Thunderdome should have.
Curious to watch this movie. I watched Mad Max ages ago wasn't thrilled and never watched the sequels. I don't really have a burning desire to watch this however, a good movie is a good movie....

I don't understand.

Back