Lurtz bust from Mexico

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radagaster

Trolling the Woods
Reaction score
Has anyone already bought one of these?

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6580354729

I was thinking of trying my hand at painting one, but had a couple of questions:

1) Is it 1/4 scale? Hard to tell from the pics, unless someone here's already bought one for themselves.

2) Is it a heavy material? For some reason his other auctions (Batman) indicate it's made out of resin.

What I've also noticed is that it looks to be a different sculpt from the SS/W sculpt, just by comparing the head tilt.

Rad - Checked it out, and it appears to be made of resin. If it's not cold cast (like Polystone) it should be much lighter.

To be honest, it looks a LOT like the SShow piece, w/ the exception of the base and slight tilt of the head. W/ a little work, both of those things are easily done to a statue, so you may want to e-mail the seller and see what the deal is. It sure looks like 1/4 scale from the pic, but like you said, hard to tell.

Just my .02...

Hi Guys. The material is a resin, and it appears that it is a copy of the SSC Lurtz bust (someone actually risked damaging a Lurtz bust to make a mould) with a new base. The picture in the listing is actually flipped. Look at the time, the 4:42AM is backwards. I compared it to the SSC Lurtz pic, and it is Identical. The difference is in the "hollows" under armour and such which are difficult to replicate by this method. Actually, he is breaking the law.

Cheers

I agree, that has to be a recast. A bit shocking to see, but I guess we knew it was coming.

As Rick and I already mentioned, the head is tilted a bit differently, plus it looks to be a mirror image. Regardless, this seller seems to sell them at a slow pace to keep under the radar.

Radagaster, im winning it when i pay it ans the seller ship it ill let you know if he live in my city it will be faster shiping.

Edit: Ok i won it now lets see

Last edited:
lakeshouse said:
Would look great, once it's painted.
Why don't you ship it directly to Rick ? :D

There is the problem im from Mexico the seller too it will cost me shiping , ill look someone to paint it :wacky

Well . . .I was planning to bid on it. Seeing Dwim decided he wanted to buy it, it's no use trying to mark up the value any. I'll just wait for another for me to paint. Meanwhile, Dwim, aren't you planning to take a stab at painting it first?

Not sure, i learned how to paint uruks from Games Workshop but im a little bit scared of painting it, Radagaster the guy have another busti f you want it is really well done.

He won this from my ebay auction a while back. Too bad I didn't know he was going to recast it. I guess you never know once you sell something. Kind of ironic it was mine, because I'm strictly opposed to recasting.

Back