Lurtz at Amon Hen Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This statue and the Elven warrior are just incredible!!!

I hope if they do the Fellowship, those will be as good! Boromir looks cool, but I just don't want a statue of him being shot.

I have already imagined how I am going to display Lurtz and Boromir. I get that people don't want to see a fallen Boromir, but this is his finest moment of redemption and we were all in shocked awe when we saw Lurtz stepping up to deal the death blows from his bow.

If Weta were to make a 'frozen to the spot in fear' Merry and Pippin, then this will be one of the greatest set-ups ever!

I have already imagined how I am going to display Lurtz and Boromir. I get that people don't want to see a fallen Boromir, but this is his finest moment of redemption and we were all in shocked awe when we saw Lurtz stepping up to deal the death blows from his bow.

If Weta were to make a 'frozen to the spot in fear' Merry and Pippin, then this will be one of the greatest set-ups ever!

Agreed this is one of the most poignant scenes in the film! It is cool that they chose it.

Just my preference though...if I had a fellowship display it would be of all of them in Balin's tomb...
b26d8ff7f3252c973214b7c20ce4f7a4.jpg

just received it today. a remarkable piece of sculpture. although its in 1/6 scale,
the detail is amazing. my first statue from weta, and i am deeply satisfied.

good 1.jpg
good 2.jpg
good 3.jpg
good 4.jpg

Great detail pics 2littlemoney! Thanks for sharing! It looks AWESOME

This line is shaping up great...Glad to see a LOTR 1:6 statue line!!! (Although the price is going to kill me!)
Can't wait for this one. Hope when/if they do the big 3 they can get their HS accurate.

the detail is so amazing! after i got the lurtz, i just cant help but ordered the uruk hai swordsman also! :panic:

lurtz 1.jpg
lurtz 2.jpg

I can not resist and have ordered him:yess::yess:

Thanks for the cool pics!

Well got this guy in and was able to snap a few pics.

Dang everyone's pics are so great, when I got him, he is exactly what I was expecting!
Like others, I was nervous to pull the bow string, but was able to get it. Seems like it is pretty strong.

And kudos to the sculptor and designer for the attention to detail. Lurtz sometimes seems to hold the arrow between the 3rd and 4rth fingers which Weta got right (since most people seem to hold between their 2nd and 3rd finger)

Glad to finally have this piece since this is the scale I collect and wanted a Lurtz ever since seeing Sideshow's version!

Now hopefully Weta will make the big three (Aragorn, Legolas and Gimili)!

Weta_Lurtz_IMG_1301.jpg

Weta_Lurtz_IMG_1262.jpg

Maybe someday I'll dig out my SSC Boromir to re-create this...
Weta_Lurtz_Amon_Hen_IMG_7799.jpg

and my current LOTR display...happily adding Weta 1:6 statues!
LOTR_display_United_Cutlery_Weta_IMG_7814.jpg

Nice pictures. Like your display too, very clean. Always considered getting 1:1 weapons to represent the three hunters, what brand Gimli Axe is that?

Back