Lurtz 1/4 or Ex. Predator???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darth dypshyt

Super Freak
Reaction score
Which would you guys rather...I already have an exclusive Predator Maquette on pre-order, and I would LOVE to get the armoured Lurtz 1/4 scale, but, as usual money comes into the equation:banghead ..So, if you had to choose, which one would it be???

I guess it all comes down to which property you're a bigger fan of. Seems like that's a question only you'd be able to answer.

If I had the cash I'd go with the Predator, that's one of the coolest movie monster designs of all time.

That's also a difficult question to answer now since we haven't really seen the full Lurtz piece yet (of course, that will come tomorrow).

But I agree, ultimately it would depend on which you are a bigger fan of.

Keep in mind too, that unless most estimates are way off, you will most likely be able to get 2 LOTR PF figs for the price of the 1 Predator maquette.

I know that in the end it's my decision, but, it is always nice to find out what other people think......I can afford one or the other...but, probably not both.....and I love both franchisees....I think it may come down to eenie, meenie, miny, moe:D

darth dyp**** said:
Which would you guys rather...I already have an exclusive Predator Maquette on pre-order, and I would LOVE to get the armoured Lurtz 1/4 scale, but, as usual money comes into the equation:banghead ..So, if you had to choose, which one would it be???

I sure am banking on people cancelling their Predator Exclusive orders.... I put my name down on the wait list in early November. I hope I get one.

darth dyp**** said:
..So, if you had to choose, which one would it be???

I would definately take the Predator. Specially considering its such a great looking peice, and with an edition size only a fraction of what Lurtz will be.

You will probably will be able to find Lurtz cheaper on ebay after they are released.

I would personally go with Lurtz. I prefer LOTR and it's my favorite story plain and simple.

Although I cant wait to see Lurtz but I would keep the Exclusive Predator, plus we dont even know if Lurtz will be out by the end of 2006 yet.

Viking28 said:
Although I cant wait to see Lurtz but I would keep the Exclusive Predator, plus we dont even know if Lurtz will be out by the end of 2006 yet.

I would echo that advice. Lurtz is probably a 4Q '06 product anyway.

If I HAD to choose one, I would go with the Predator, and I'm not even that big a fan of the film. That is the most amazing piece SS has ever done, IMO.:google

hard to say,considering we havent seen pics of the lurtz yet
but the pred is one sweet piece.
i would never spend that kind of dough on a statue though.
300-350 is my max.
if i had the chips though i would get both

I'll be getting both, but if I had to choose, I'd have a very tough time of it.
I think the Predator is more of an "iconic" character, but I (and many others)
have wanted a Lurtz in Armor for so long, I'd be hard-pressed to pass it up.

Go for both, and just work overtime or sell something else to pay for them. :wacky

JS :wave

JSAuctionService said:
I'll be getting both, but if I had to choose, I'd have a very tough time of it.
I think the Predator is more of an "iconic" character, but I (and many others)
have wanted a Lurtz in Armor for so long, I'd be hard-pressed to pass it up.

Go for both, and just work overtime or sell something else to pay for them. :wacky

JS :wave

I think you may have twisted my arm JS..(Damn you...:D )

The predator will be Sideshow' s masterpiece for years to come...

I agree with Mannix get both from eBay and you can afford both at the same time. :smile

I just saw the Predator Exclusive sold for $700 on eBay as a Pre-Order.

So you have good chances of getting both on eBay at the price you can afford.

Best of Luck

Back