1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? Looks better than that figure. Is there any consensus on a best human sideshow sculpt in terms of paint? Malgus and Anakin Shaw reveal seemed pretty good but they weren't just plain human sculpts.
I feel like the Anakin reveal sculpt on the Vader figure is one of the better Sideshow efforts. Like you said though it's not really a normal sculpt though.

Yeah, really seems as though each year is a bit of trial and error with the different paint and eye methods. The last 10 or so SS human sculpts I'm aware of seem very different from each other. I think TPM Kenobi, as hokie mentioned, was the first of the more realistic looking sculpts but the paint app was still pretty thick. Jango maybe does seems like the best overall.

Honestly I thought the Hoth Luke figure turned out somewhat decent too. Both the helmeted and regular sculpts aren't bad really (the Wampa attack sculpt is pretty terrible though). I ultimately didn't buy it because I wasn't happy with how the Hoth Han turned out and the outfit has some issues in my opinion. I've still been somewhat tempted to get Luke and a TaunTaun though.

Rex was my favorite SS paint app. Let down by a visible hair seam required by the eye system used at the time.

I LOVE the Darth Malgus sculpt that and vader reveal hs was nicely done. I'm still on fence with this guy price suck's but need a pilot luke in collection.

I've had the figure displayed holding his helmet since the day I got him. Today I decided to try it with him wearing it. It's staying that way for the time being.

I liked the regular head sculpt but with the helmet on, it really looks more like "Luke" to me. Plus, with the HT Tatooine Luke due to arrive on Wednesday, I've got the bare-headed Luke "covered"... :wink1:

I've got this Luke posed with helmet on, while holding his gloves in his left hand and head cocked so as to look sightly over Luke's left shoulder.

Me-likey.

Finally got mine on Christmas and had a chance to take some quick shots today. Light wasn't great as it is pretty overcast.

I know a lot has already been said about this figure, the price, etc. For what it's worth, I really like it! It's easily the best Sideshow "human" figure I own. I do agree that he was way over priced and they could have thrown in a few more accessories, but that aside I think this is some of Sideshow's finest work.

Couple pics with the HT farmboy Luke head. Going to get another head for this now. It looks too good and completes it. The sculpt works with the bowl hair and even fits with the ball socket neck. Just loose but it connects and will keep the head on.

SS Xwing Luke with the ANH sculpt.

SS Xwing ANH with Helmet

Couple pics with the HT farmboy Luke head. Going to get another head for this now. It looks too good and completes it. The sculpt works with the bowl hair and even fits with the ball socket neck. Just loose but it connects and will keep the head on.

SS Xwing Luke with the ANH sculpt.

SS Xwing ANH with Helmet

This was the Luke X-wing I was hoping for. Still want to do this but it will have to wait.

A couple crappy photos of X-Wing Luke.
I really wanted this figure to go with the Helmet I have.

IMG_6531.jpg

IMG_6530.jpg

Back