1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night the ETA switched from 26th November to 2nd December. This morning it changed to 27th November.

And just now I got this notification:

Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later.

:slap
Koeln,Germany 25/11/201503:57A late flight has caused a delay. We're adjusting plans and working to deliver your package as quickly as possible.

Maybe if Sideshow stopped spending their money foolishly, their clothing line comes to mind, maybe they could commit more $ towards the sculpts department?

You guys act as though this sculpt is unsalvageable. It is actually quite nice. I have well over 50 Hot Toys figures and this holds its own with most. Very happy to have it in my collection. Was there this much bitching on the Medicom Luke and Han figures? Now talking about overpriced, poor likenesses. Bought and sold those instantly.

You guys act as though this sculpt is unsalvageable. It is actually quite nice. I have well over 50 Hot Toys figures and this holds its own with most. Very happy to have it in my collection. Was there this much bitching on the Medicom Luke and Han figures? Now talking about overpriced, poor likenesses. Bought and sold those instantly.

The bitching has been non stop for almost 2 months and by the same people who have more than made their point but continue to complain. The sad thing is they have no intention of buying the figure and are ruining it for the people that enjoy it. We get that you feel HT product is superior to SS , how about moving on and post there.

The bitching has been non stop for almost 2 months and by the same people who have more than made their point but continue to complain. The sad thing is they have no intention of buying the figure and are ruining it for the people that enjoy it. We get that you feel HT product is superior to SS , how about moving on and post there.

Agreed..... and I read this forum rather than post, but enough already.

"Just not seeing Hamill on this one" over and over and over and over from the same people. Yeah, we get it. I'd say move on, but then they're in the Han Solo thread. Just not seeing Ford here....... move on...... to Kenobi......

To whom do you refer?

Last night the ETA switched from 26th November to 2nd December. This morning it changed to 27th November.

And just now I got this notification:

:slap
Koeln,Germany 25/11/201503:57A late flight has caused a delay. We're adjusting plans and working to deliver your package as quickly as possible.

Got the same notification even though it seems my figures were on a later flight from Dubaï. It seems recent events in Paris did have a big impact on security check procedures. First custom delays, then loading delays, now flight delays. Anyway, it's now been 12 days since my first figure was scanned in HK and i doubt it will be here by HT week-end now. December 1st/2nd at best now.

:lecture

Got Luke this morning. I LOVE the suit. The tailoring is top notch and cannot find any negatives. The Helmet is definitely over constructed but I can appreciate what they were going for with the engineering of it and it does look stellar next to my EFX lid.

As for the sculpt, I do have the bad flashing behind the chin and it is very rough which is a shame. I must give sideshow credit that the sculpt is definitely a young Hamill, quite more so to me in hand so far than the Hot Toys Luke. Obviously the paint is the hinderance( along with the flashing) but overall I am very happy with this figure. I would give it a 7/10 with 1 ding just for the cost and lack of accessories and 2 on the sculpt/paint. A x-wing ladder for a dio would have made this offering more in line that he could have hung from. But here he is out in the wild and with Han which he holds up quite well as stock! Hope these photos help with the quality and likeness

You can see in this shot that Sideshow made the helmet way too big. Fail. :p

Thanks for sharing the pics and thoughts, hokie. Sounds like you're happy overall plus you grabbed him at a nice deal. "Exclusive" hands look good too.

A good review and some excellent pics, hokietwo!!

The figure definitely looks considerably better in person.

I've been looking at my X-wing Luke and can see where some have said that the skin tone is too tan. When I had him displayed with little lighting, he did look tanned, almost on the grayish side, if you will, compared to a HT figure. But when moved to a slightly better lit location, the skin tone lightened up considerably and liked fine. So keep Luke lit up, folks... ;)

Great pics and great setup! I am so stalking this thread while claiming I am not paying full price! I was really hoping this would turn out better with more accessories for less money. Suit looks great and I must say this is the best Luke sculpt Sideshow has done to date. I still want it but I can't bring myself to pull the trigger without a heavy discount. Dang it!!!

The more I look at the figure, the more I like it. It's too bad that the pricing is so high. I would have bought a second one to make a custom Wedge or Porkins.

Back