1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're not really...but they share some similar cues...

tumblr_mk3u06jxyo1rey8wlo1_500.jpg

Star Wars Fun Facts and Esoteric Artifacts: Bossk’s Flight Suite was used in a 1966 Doctor Who Episode! | Making Star Wars

Bossk's costume was an actual High-Altitude Windak Pressure Suit.

bossk2.jpg

Author(s):Citation: (1962) "High‐Altitude Pressure Suit: Description of the Windak Full Pressure Suit Developed by Baxter, Woodhouse and Taylor Ltd. to Fulfil R.A.F. Requirements", Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology, Vol. 34 Iss: 12, pp.379 -

Abstract:AS the performance of operational fighter and bomber aircraft steadily rises, so too does the pilot's reliance on the artificial atmosphere provided by oxygen and pressurization systems for high‐altitude flight. Since explosive decompression at altitudes of the order of 50,000 ft. and above can have extremely serious effects upon the human body, it is necessary to provide aircrew with fully‐pressurized high‐altitude flying suits.

EmeraldInsight

Always wondered.....What the chest piece on both Luke X Wing and Vader suits represent....when I was younger, I thought a breathing device but if you look at either suit that really isn't possible...

I got the AF cop (Dredd) gloves in for makeshift EX gloves. They look like they will work out pretty good. The inner hands are flexible rubber and do not look bad and they grip the gloves well. Actually look more realistic than the thin molded one that comes with the figure. Those look like bunched up isotoners. LoL.

I could see that price making sense next to bossk if the X wing Pilot helmet blew us all away with the fine details and weathering etc. But not really. Honestly the price should be flopped and bossk should be the expensive of the pair lulz

I could see that price making sense next to bossk if the X wing Pilot helmet blew us all away with the fine details and weathering etc. But not really. Honestly the price should be flopped and bossk should be the expensive of the pair lulz

I agree. I can't believe how the prices have jumped between these two figures. As of right now, I'm really considering returning this since ANH Luke is coming out soon.

I can't believe anyone is shocked that prices are up ahead of what may be the biggest grossing movie of all time.......

Could it be that Sideshow isn't producing the quantity anymore that they had because of lack of sales? Their 1:6 lines don't seem to be moving very fast. So the price hike is the only way to offset the production costs of not only this figure but some of the previous ones that didn't sell?

Isn't that kind of pointless though if their figures still don't sell well at higher prices and they wind up discounting them later anyways? Seems like they'd be better off pricing figures lower and selling more volume rather than trying to go for top dollar from a small group of people who will buy despite the prices.

Set the price higher than usual. Sell to die hard collectors and retail stores because this is a premium license and people will always buy. Then later offer small discounts on the figure but still stay in the realm of profit. People will buy because its a discount but in reality is around the average price they would normally sell at. Just a thought.

SS is being sold at the new Star Wars launch bay, along with other licensees products.

Whatever the reason for a price hike doesn't really matter. What matters is the finished product, and that my fellow collectors is enough reason not to buy thier products.

Too high in price, for too low in quality.

Keep in mind I haven't received mine yet, but the head is the only real "low quality" aspect that I can see. The rest looks great.

Keep in mind I haven't received mine yet, but the head is the only real "low quality" aspect that I can see. The rest looks great.
I think the problem with this figure boils down to the fact that it offers so little else to make it worth the asking price. Pricing it the way they did and delivering a subpar sculpt is the reason it's getting so much criticism. The outfit is nice but that's part of the figure and is something collectors expect. There's no other real value to justify the price in terms of accessories and whatnot.

I love you man but that statement is like buying a brand new Corvette at full price with a cardboard hood. The price should reflect the product in total not partial quality.

I think the problem with this figure boils down to the fact that it offers so little else to make it worth the asking price. Pricing it the way they did and delivering a subpar sculpt is the reason it's getting so much criticism. The outfit is nice but that's part of the figure and is something collectors expect. There's no other real value to justify the price in terms of accessories and whatnot.

Yeah, I understand the value complaints. I'm just saying the rest of the figure itself isn't low quality. Personally, I'm not worried about the lack of accessories since I have extra weapons from the other sets, and a cathode saber. But I have no real desire to display with that stuff since it's not exactly accurate to the movie.

I used a gift card to make him more affordable, the rest of the money went towards that HT head. Guess that's why I'm partially defending him. I agree $240 + shipping is asinine for the figure.

I love you man but that statement is like buying a brand new Corvette at full price with a cardboard hood. The price should reflect the product in total not partial quality.

Haha, touché. Nonetheless, I'm excited to get him. The head will be coming right off and into the box once that HT head arrives. I'd sell the SS head if the helmet fits over the HT.

Back