1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe Vader was $130... a higher priced figure, but he had a lot going for him that seemed to justify the price. I know I expected him to be more even though other figures at that time were significantly less.

The issue price of 1/6 figures has become central to each new release a year ago. This raises a question, right? We talk about the price before criticizing the quality of the figure. SSC makers like Hot Toys should begin to question their commercial policy. For me we got to the point of rupture.
-Hey Men I spent 300 USD today!
-You Bought caviar, a rolex?
No, sixthscale a sideshow ...
I'm going to say that I love this Red 5 Luke but ... there's not much in the box for the price. Oops sorry again that damn money !!!:gah:

True and and the time I had no problem paying a little MORE because we got MORE of a larger figure with MORE accessories.

With this Luke we get LESS accessories, LESS figure, yet we are supposed to pay MORE for it? Laughable.

True and and the time I had no problem paying a little MORE because we got MORE of a larger figure with MORE accessories.

With this Luke we get LESS accessories, LESS figure, yet we are supposed to pay MORE for it? Laughable.

Yeah, at the very least my perceived value of this figure is not lining up at all with what Sideshow is expecting.

I agree with everyone about the price compared to what we usually get...BUT here's the problem... l'm looking at the pics and want this figure so bad, probably more so than a lot of recent IM releases that I've paid more for. So on one hand, I'm like wow, this is an expected 175 figure, that I thought I'd be charged 190 for and then THIS. But on the other hand it's Luke ****ing Skywalker, I hate to cross the line, but I'm going to buy him. It's become the nature of the beast, I think we're going to more and more be charged for character popularity.

The numbers are certainly lower than the first releases... but I don't think they've lowered them much after the $90 price point. I could be wrong, but no way to know since I don't think the publish those anymore.

I have no idea either, but I watched 3,000 BB Scarecrows last forever. Might have been more made, but OK 5,000. That's tons less than the 25,000-35,000 Sideshow was pulling at $50-$60.

I'm guessing HT made 5,000-7,500 Bespin Lukes. And they clearly made too many. Plenty around for years. Niche.

With these new prices, I gotta think the edition size is 3,000 - 5,000. Vader might command more.

Normally i would order without hesitating but for the first time i i've stopped and decided not because this pricing point has gone too far.

Normally i would order without hesitating but for the first time i i've stopped and decided not because this pricing point has gone too far.

You'll get it bro, it'll just be at Spooktacular 2016 with a 30% off code. :lecture

You're not alone. I do not often post on the forum freaks because I master limited English but this price inflation pushes me to write my dissatisfaction with the hope that those responsible for Sideshow read these pages.
On the French forums collector pricing issue is also central in recent months.

I agree with everyone about the price compared to what we usually get...BUT here's the problem... l'm looking at the pics and want this figure so bad, probably more so than a lot of recent IM releases that I've paid more for. So on one hand, I'm like wow, this is an expected 175 figure, that I thought I'd be charged 190 for and then THIS. But on the other hand it's Luke ****ing Skywalker, I hate to cross the line, but I'm going to buy him. It's become the nature of the beast, I think we're going to more and more be charged for character popularity.

This is why they already won. There is a lot more people that want it more than the need to stand by their pricing range.

That and new fans that don't know better so for them the $240 price is the standard.

This a test on how high we will really pay for these figures. SS probably figure that if lets say they did go to far in pricing, then they could sell Luke during a sale (like next year Spookfest) or with those "free" monthly coupons. So they will never end up with tons of Luke figures stuck in their warehouse, there is no risk for them to price this this high.
Only we (the collectors) all risk having the price of all future figures be a similar or higher price point, if this still sells very well.

Even though Sideshow before would have figures at a lower price point then Hot Toys, They sure made more money off of me then Hot Toys. Becasue with Sideshow previous prices I could afford the collection, not just one figure. I would buy their Admiral Piets,Hammerheads, cantina band, etc etc. With Hot Toys I only picked and chose from each line, since realistically I couldn't buy them all.

Well, they're not getting $240 out of me, Flex-pay or otherwise. I REALLY want this figure. It's one I've wanted for a long time. It's gorgeous. That being said, it's simply not worth $240 (to me).

Without exaggeration, this was the first time in my short 1/6 collecting career that I gasped when I saw a price. This makes me nervous for Sideshow's long-term viability, establishing a precedent like this.

I havent ordered.... This was a maybe figure anyway for me, but that said, like others have voiced, now I'm terrified what the C-3P0 is going to ring-up as.

Just makes no sense. Probe Droid was $250.00 with unique, non-reusable casts for everything, plus a low run. Wonder what they were thinking with Luke.

Well, looks like my custom Luke X-Wing just went back on the table (I cast my HT Luke head.) There's been no better time to get good at custom figures I guess.

This SSC version does come with "Right and Left Flight Boots" though, so not sure where all the price hate's coming from.:lol

Back