1/6 Luke Skywalker: Red Five X-Wing Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whomever posted that photo should be embarrassed for themselves - their phone should automatically flip into a mode that prevents them from ever taking a photo again.

be25119ec43f0c3160095cc6e4adf939_zpshinvuuxr.jpg

I went serct base today i saw luke paint app so toylish and eyeball like deadfish,but tie pliot is awsome helmet in gloss black like proto

Meh im gonna wait till i have it in hand to judge. We all know the guys at secret base dont know how to futz properly, and that phone pic isnt a good judge either.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Meh im gonna wait till i have it in hand to judge.

I think a lot of us need to make a judgment about whether to buy or not - So "having it in hand" first doesn't really work. Still, I'm happy to wait until others have it in hand and more pics and videos come in before ruling it out. But for me, it looks like the HT Luke Stormtrooper (which until I saw in hand pics I had no intentions to buy) has taken the slot I had planned for Red Five Luke.

Better pics came in while I was posting. Still doesn't look real great, but not too bad if you keep the helmet on. While I did not expect this to be HT level, I had heard SS was working to up their game (they have certainly up their price) but the sculpt from what we have seen so far is no where near HT level. There shouldn't be that much of a drop of in quality when the price is the same.
red5.jpg
The clothes don't look bad either, but for the price I am not sure it's worth it. It might be better to pick up parts and make a custom.

I think a lot of us need to make a judgment about whether to buy or not - So "having it in hand" first doesn't really work. Still, I'm happy to wait until others have it in hand and more pics and videos come in before ruling it out. But for me, it looks like the HT Luke Stormtrooper (which until I saw in hand pics I had no intentions to buy) has taken the slot I had planned for Red Five Luke.

i get that..i was talking more about my own point of view really. It doesn't look as bad int he pics i posted above as it did in that phone pic. The sculpt may benefit from a repaint. I would switch it out for farmboy but the part out prices are ridiculous for the trooper sculpt atm.

I had this on preorder, but had to cancel. I still want it, though. Will try to pick it up later, perhaps at a discount.

The latest pictures look pretty decent. I don't have a problem with the sculpt, I actually think it is pretty good, but the paint job is definitely lacking. That is where Sideshow really is dropping the ball, especially with these higher priced figures. If they are going to be charging these prices, they really need to get the paint apps sorted out.

Well, he does look better with the helmet on...

11015789_510780122423870_1915135067186112634_o.jpg

I know there are sculpts that simply can't be photographed (or at least I can't photograph them) to show what the human eye sees, and Sideshow are usually big offenders.

These photos seem to be blasted with bright light, which SS sculpts can't stand. But this one shows more of what we saw in the prototype:

12185059_510779265757289_6760673027881653397_o.jpg

Meanwhile, as episode 4 draws to a close, young Luke shaves his head an joins an ancient order of monks...

11226070_510779889090560_9000522974712272081_o.jpg

It's still the same sculpt that people raved over though, isn't it?

But lacking Lalla's paintwork:

attachment.php

Which is why it's better to stick the helmet on him. :lol

It's still the same sculpt that people raved over though, isn't it?

But lacking Lalla's paintwork:

attachment.php

Which is why it's better to stick the helmet on him. :lol

LALLA could paint a marble and make it look like an amazing head sculpt, it's the most insane thing I've ever seen SS do. This and Indy..

I'd say it looks pretty good, except for the eyes! The eyes seem to be Sideshow's Achilles heel. They always seem to stumble on them. They look like they're bugging out a bit.

Oh man.

The poor paint apps (for the price point) aren't a surprise.

The body looks off to me in that it looks too broad shouldered. Which begs the question: how will that flight suit fit/look on a narrower frame?

The helmet seems to have the same heavy-handed, uniform factory weathering we saw on R2. Will look better in-hand but may benefit by stripping.

It does look better helmet-on, but maybe not as good as I'd hoped.

So will the suit look good on a better body, and can I get that helmet to fit on a parted out HT head, and do I want to spend that kind of money for a good pilot figure?

Oddly enough, that shot of the TIE pilot looks good. Which makes this figure even more of a letdown based on these photos.

Back