Luke ANH version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeekedOutMoonie

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I'm looking at the HT Luke on SSC right now, I am unsure if I want to order though. I'm late to the game, so I missed the one I really wanted at MSRP (Hoth) and can't afford the price hike for it. But i'd still love to add a Luke to my collection, do you guys recommend this version???

I don't care for it much myself and don't own it. I'd personally recommend getting the DX07 Bespin version since I think it looks more like Hamill.

I don't care for it much myself and don't own it. I'd personally recommend getting the DX07 Bespin version since I think it looks more like Hamill.

That's kind of what I was thinking too and what lead me to ask. The only reason I was considering the other version more is because I can get it now..lol. All of my HTs are on preorder, still none in hand :/

That's kind of what I was thinking too and what lead me to ask. The only reason I was considering the other version more is because I can get it now..lol. All of my HTs are on preorder, still none in hand :/

Hmm, I don't know if you are but if you're not buying up all the SW HT line, I'd just wait it out until a better Luke comes out. If I had to guess, they'll end up doing a newer Bespin version, and most definitely a ROTJ version down the road.

I'm looking at the HT Luke on SSC right now, I am unsure if I want to order though. I'm late to the game, so I missed the one I really wanted at MSRP (Hoth) and can't afford the price hike for it. But i'd still love to add a Luke to my collection, do you guys recommend this version???

Friendly piece of advice. . . have a look around the forum, before starting new threads. I've noticed you're starting many threads, asking simple questions. We already have discussion threads about all of the figures you're asking about. The general procedure on this forum is that we have just one thread for each figure, and that contains all of the discussion about that figure.

Use the Advanced Search, type the figure name in to the search box and use the drop down to select "Search Titles Only".

The thread you're looking for is here.

Friendly piece of advice. . . have a look around the forum, before starting new threads. I've noticed you're starting many threads, asking simple questions. We already have discussion threads about all of the figures you're asking about. The general procedure on this forum is that we have just one thread for each figure, and that contains all of the discussion about that figure.

Use the Advanced Search, type the figure name in to the search box and use the drop down to select "Search Titles Only".

The thread you're looking for is here.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that was an issue. It's generally difficult to get questions answered in an older thread, most that i've commented on seem to be dead and people don't typically comment or answer. I guess I have too many questions, i'll just search google or something.

No worries. Actually people here are really good at responding, even in older threads. If the thread pops up at the top of the list, you can be sure people will peek in and see why an old thread was resurrected.

Oh, and welcome! :wave

No worries. Actually people here are really good at responding, even in older threads. If the thread pops up at the top of the list, you can be sure people will peek in and see why an old thread was resurrected.

Oh, and welcome! :wave

Thank you ^_^

Yea but who can honestly afford $600-$800 for a luke figure? Well I guess you get two figures in one but still, the secondary market for that dx07 is rediculous right now. For that price you can get every single other luke made from both hot toys and SS. But yes it is one of the better luke's out there.. just depends if you willing to drop nearly the price of a ****** old used car for it.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Yea but who can honestly afford $600-$800 for a luke figure?

Be patient and vigilante and you can snag one for between $400 and $500 - you dramatically increase your chances with a Facebook account and membership to a few 1/6 groups.

There's one really good part about the ANH Luke. The body. Everything else can honestly stand to be replaced. You can't make that same observation about DX07. It's the only DX of the 3 I've owned that I still have complete (with no plans to get rid of any of it).

Yea but who can honestly afford $600-$800 for a luke figure? Well I guess you get two figures in one but still, the secondary market for that dx07 is rediculous right now. For that price you can get every single other luke made from both hot toys and SS. But yes it is one of the better luke's out there.. just depends if you willing to drop nearly the price of a ****** old used car for it.

I still see people selling the DX07 for around $400 so I don't know where you get your $600-$800 estimate from.

ANH Luke is great imo. You know there are plenty of people who've bashed the DX07 sculpt previously, that now say it's good, so I really wouldn't listen to people's opinions on the matter of likeness.

You know there are plenty of people who've bashed the DX07 sculpt previously

Likeness sucks, the whole set is great though. The quality of the clothing and accessories between the two sets is night and day. ANH Luke is closer to what you'd buy in a low-end toy for those items.

I still see people selling the DX07 for around $400 so I don't know where you get your $600-$800 estimate from.
Yes you still see people of course.. ive seen it for $300... but go to ebay and type in dx07... or amazon or any other place that is not waiting on this forum till your lucky enough to find one at that price and tell me what you see...

After you've done that, then your question will be answered bud. ;-)

Honestly think about the options you had a few years back..... now look at what we have now. Besides the earlier lukes done by SS all the newer ones from SS like hoth and red 5 and both hot toys ones are truly amazing. People can judge all they want but to them I say hey, what the **** do you want? An actual shrunk down version of a real life younger mark hamil living in your shelf? Unless you have the machine from hunny I shrunk the kids and a delorean time machine like doc drown then I guess youll need to stop being so picky and just enjoy whats available OR... make a better head sculpt yourself.

Back