Lucas Talks Indy 5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the main concern is that it will be a repeat of the Star Wars prequels. They have sullied the original trilogy for a lot of people. When I watch them know, Darth Vader just reminds of whiny Anakin. It's hard to take a villian seriously who was that much of a butt-munch (I don't mean the message board member).

It's not possible for further INDY films to truly be a repeat of the SW prequels for 2 solid reasons:

1. STEVEN SPIELBERG

2. Harrison Ford

If they do make a fifth Indiana Jones movie, I won't have a problem with it as long as Indiana Jones is the main character. If Shia's "Mutt" character is going to be the main person, with Indy as the sidekick, then you better not call it an Indiana Jones movie.

However I do have faith in Spielberg so I doubt he'd approve of Lucas' dillusions. These days, George is the anti King Midas- everything he touches turns to crap.

I guess I'm in the minority in that I think Labeouf is pretty talented. My fiance got me to watch the movie Holes and I've liked him ever since.

Yeah, Holes was pretty good for a movie built from a book that caters to middle schoolers. Nothing wrong with that, there's some pretty interesting and creative reading for that age group. (*cough*Harry Potter*cough*) Shia LaBeouf carried Holes fairly well as the main character.

The only other movie I've seen Shia LaBeouf in is Transformers and I'm not about to judge anyone's acting chops by thier performance in a Micheal Bay film.

I'm just not sure if I'm sold on the character of Mutt with as little as I know about him. I hate the name, but then again Indiana really is a stupid name as well. The 50's greaser thing works for the time period. It will work even better if there are at least a few other greasers in the background during the shots at Marshall College, just to establish that his archetype isn't that out of the ordinary for the time and place. I hope that his character actually advances the plot and isn't in there for just a few jokes and a supportive action sequence. I did like Short Round, so who knows.
-theropod

If they do make a fifth Indiana Jones movie, I won't have a problem with it as long as Indiana Jones is the main character. If Shia's "Mutt" character is going to be the main person, with Indy as the sidekick, then you better not call it an Indiana Jones movie.

However I do have faith in Spielberg so I doubt he'd approve of Lucas' dillusions. These days, George is the anti King Midas- everything he touches turns to crap.

But don't forgot Shia LaBeouf is Spielberg's beloved actor. Transformer is produced by Spielberg.

For long term, it is also not wrong for shifting the main role from Indy to Mutt.

I guess I'm in the minority in that I think Labeouf is pretty talented.

I (and my fiancee) both like him too... he was both funny and charming in Transformers. Lifted that film above what it could have otherwise been in my opinion. I don't understand the negativity towards him either.

I (and my fiancee) both like him too... he was both funny and charming in Transformers. Lifted that film above what it could have otherwise been in my opinion. I don't understand the negativity towards him either.

i havent seen Holes, but i really liked his performance in Disturbia. If they intend on giving Mutt the helm they need to transition it with another movie...and instead of giving the Indy title they need to give it something else.

i havent seen Holes, but i really liked his performance in Disturbia. If they intend on giving Mutt the helm they need to transition it with another movie...and instead of giving the Indy title they need to give it something else.

Indiana Jones... Jr?

I agree there are some bad actors but this guy is quite charming in my opinion. I think he made Transformers into a decent movie. I can't picture any other young actor filling that role.

I agree with some of the folks here.

If there is an indy 5 it should have Harrison as the main character.

I haven't seen it yet, but I would rather they made the Mutt character a seperate complimentary franchise. I really liked the idea back a ways when someone said 'Mutt Williams and the Saucermen From Mars'.
Kinda has a Flash Gordon appeal.

Keep Indy - Indy

The two franchises could work side by side.

D:chew

I agree there are some bad actors but this guy is quite charming in my opinion. I think he made Transformers into a decent movie. I can't picture any other young actor filling that role.
you are right!! rent Disturbia if you haven't seen it. great little suspense movie!!!

I think it would be pretty cool to see this happen. Shia was GREAT as Mutt, and you could see a lot of Harrison in him... funny as that sounds. His scenes were some of the best in the movie, I almost wanted to see him in the hat to see if it looked good on him. :lol

I would love to see him in his own movie with Indy there with him. :rock

The irony is I think most people would actually enjoy a Mutt movie more than they did CRYSTAL SKULL.

And I agree... he was one of the best things about the movie. Funny since he's what had many peoples' panties in a twist beforehand.

The irony is I think most people would actually enjoy a Mutt movie more than they did CRYSTAL SKULL.

And I agree... he was one of the best things about the movie. Funny since he's what had many peoples' panties in a twist beforehand.

I always thout he was a good actor. I wouldn't however want him to become the next Indy at all. I say after this movie best to let it go. Just like Henry told his son. "Indiana, let it go." :lecture

In Lucas' interview with Blair Butler on G4, he clearly said, "There is no Indy 5." Seemed a little arogant about it too. I guess he changed his mind.

He may have just been alluding to the fact that there technically IS no "Indy 5" right now... except perhaps a kernel of an idea in his very strange head.

I was open to it beforehand but I have no interest in a Mutt movie after seeing this one. I don't want to see yet another watering down of an Indy film. Just let Dr. Jones go with some grace at this point.

I was open to it beforehand but I have no interest in a Mutt movie after seeing this one. I don't want to see yet another watering down of an Indy film. Just let Dr. Jones go with some grace at this point.
I think you just described it best. It's a "watered down" INDY movie, not the Second Coming nor the worst thing to happen to mankind. (Why can't people just have rational reactions to these movies these days?... It's either feast or famine with most people).

I do enjoy Mutt, though.

Back