LSB or PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creature4000

Super Freak
Reaction score
What would you rather have or see in a collection?

I'm torn right now. We have some Great Peices in the LOTR line. With these LSB's I'm considering getting a few... but I love PF's and they hopefully will make a GTW and a Wraith PF. With other lines coming and I'm not a LOTR only collector (so money is tight) I can't decide if I should jump on board or wait and save money for other things to come.

PF's are my favorite but I just jumped into the LS bust line and they are awesome. If I could only pick one it would be PF but these two lines are the ones I'm concentrating on.

I currently have all LOTR LSB's and 2 PF's (lurtz and gandalf) and both lines are great and each offer something different which is nice. I like both equally whereas if we were to talk about Marvel PF's vs LSB I would only go the PF route with the exception to certain characters.

the best museum-esque collections are always a diverse mix.... :monkey1

Why does it have to be a choice? I love PFs, but there are some poses that simply can't be effectively achieved in anything other than a bust. The GTG bust is a perfect example of that. Much of the impact of that bust would be lost if you tried to represent it in a full body statue.

But then, I'm a photographer (hobbyist), so I might see things a bit differently than others do.

I personally prefer PF. The overall design of the pieces for the price point suits me better than the busts. Plus I've never been a big fan of busts; I've always like full figures.

That being said, I only have one LOTR PF (Lurtz). It's not because I don't like the others, it's because I collect PFs from Sideshow's other lines. I have to be choosy to stay on budget, and some PFs just take priority over others.

That's not to say that I'll never be interested in LS busts. There are characters I'd want to see get made. But with each new LOTR announcement, I'll always look to PF first before looking at other products.

While I don't collect either, the PF's too me have a more finished and refined quality, especially being mixed media. I think both are great, but if I were to venture into one it'd be the PF.

I too dont care for busts much at all. Thes LSB look great but I want a full figure. So, as tempting as they are they dont get my money.

I was never a bust collector until I got into the Sideshow Weta LotR busts. Which I love.

Those are pretty much the only busts I have.

I prefer the p.f. over the l.s. busts easily.

I can't afford to do both and don't have room for both. So, I stick with p.f.

Plus, I like having other non-LotR characters in P.F. and having them all the same scale and displayed together.

Why does it have to be a choice? I love PFs, but there are some poses that simply can't be effectively achieved in anything other than a bust. The GTG bust is a perfect example of that. Much of the impact of that bust would be lost if you tried to represent it in a full body statue.

But then, I'm a photographer (hobbyist), so I might see things a bit differently than others do.

Have to agree the way they can capture a moment or pose with a bust is often much more dramatic, it's all about what the eye is drawn to and sometimes with a full statue figure you can lose the impact, that said, the PF's so far are really very good, so my choice and preference is for BOTH!!!:D

The PFs are far more collector friendly, given their snail-like pace. I would have to agree with the previous few posters however, that a nice well-rounded collection is always a visual treat.

With the dios, LSB and PFs one can build an outstanding collection even without venturing into the SSW line -- assuming one has missed the boat.

I want neither. I want nice dioramas.

Emphasis on nice. :D

I too want nice diorama's...like Gollum biting off Frodo's finger...like Aragorn slitting a Berserker's throat....like Saruman kicking Gandalf's butt...and like an Eagle ripping apart a Fell Beast with it's razor-like talons :monkey5 Keep up the great work SS, these dio's have been fantastic so far! :rock

I'm a PF person all the way. A LSB announcement doesn't even register with me. So I'm probably not the person to ask...:eek:

I don't have either a premium format figure or a LSB, yet. I will be changing that third quarter of '08 when the Aragorn PF is released and I can't wait.

That being said I like the looks of both, but prefer the PF figures. I've never been much for busts as they remind me of something that should sit atop a piano and stare down at you as you play. I like to see the full realization of a statue; busts never feel complete to me. I appreciate their museum quality, and artistic reference, but they don't quite work as well for me.

And after all that being said, it is nice to have diversity in one's collection. All of the same thing just looks like ... too much of the same thing. Mix it up and add variety to make your collection stand out.

I ended up getting the Gandalf LSB and I like it, but I am almost positive that it will be my only one. On the other hand, I hope to have several of the PFs.

But you do have to be a lot more patient if you want to collect the PFs--the busts seem to be coming much more frequently. It must be somewhat easier (relatively speaking) to paint up a nice bust sculpt compared to all of the work involved in the premium format costuming, etc.

Back