LSB Balrog in Warehouse in 5-7 days!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not convinced this will be cheaper to pick up down the road. I'm having a hard time finding the Morgul Lord at a reasonable price, and Sauron seems to be even more scarce. I scored a Cave Troll artist sample off Ebay, which was just an insane pickup.

I think these LSBs (in all licenses) are more popular than people here seem to believe.

The morgul lord and sauron had half the es of the balrog at 500 and 550 respectively. The LSB's are popular but the high price tag of the balrog and the huge 1000 ES will probably have decreased demand and therefore decreased price IMO.

And quite honestly the Cave Troll is my fave of the bunch -- very, very undervalued!

:drink

It's unfortunate that it no longer looks as impressive now that there's the massive Gentle Giant version.

are you kidding.. SS's balrog kicks GG's balrogs butt!! In price and in Paint!! Who cares about something that big... that no one can have anyway!

Even though GG's is bigger, it just reminds me of a deer head that's been stuffed and mounted. The LSB looks a lot cooler in my opinion.

The GG version, which I saw at SDCC last year, it is not all that great, especially for the price tag. If I had to pick, I'd take the LS bust.

I agree that the ES and price of the LS Balrog are hurting it. Morgul Lord and Sauron are getting harder to find because they are two of the best in the line. I wouldn't put the Balrog in their league.

..Morgul Lord and Sauron are getting harder to find because they are two of the best in the line.

I agree. I have both of these and they are amazing. I also really like the Cave Troll LS. I do like the Balrog LS but don't want to pay $400.00 when I can get a stunning PF like Gandalf the white or the future aragorn PF for less.

GG's version is arguably more accurate given the un-graded maquette; but that isn't the Balrog most of us know -- I would take Sideshows.

The morgul lord and sauron had half the es of the balrog at 500 and 550 respectively. The LSB's are popular but the high price tag of the balrog and the huge 1000 ES will probably have decreased demand and therefore decreased price IMO.

You could argue that Balrog is a more popular character than either of those. I guess we'll see once it's released, although no statues seem to be doing well these days in the resale market other than the usual SSC suspects (Xmen Sentinel 1, Hulk v spidey, etc.) and even those have dropped.

If I'm not mistaken, Sauron was pricey too when first released.

Looks like I am one of the few, but my SS Balrog LS Bust will be here on Jan 31st.

It is a little pricey, but gotta have it.

If I had an extra two grand laying around, the GG would be mine as well.
But I do not care for the paint job on it.

You could argue that Balrog is a more popular character than either of those. I guess we'll see once it's released, although no statues seem to be doing well these days in the resale market other than the usual SSC suspects (Xmen Sentinel 1, Hulk v spidey, etc.) and even those have dropped.

If I'm not mistaken, Sauron was pricey too when first released.

Isildur is correct about this. The ES of sauron and the ML were significantly less than the balrog and both had a cheaper retail price, though sauron was only $20 cheaper. You also have to take into consideration both these busts have been sold out at SS, and with retailers, for a very long time [though surprisingly I did see a ML a couple of days ago at my LCS]. The balrog is not even close to being sold out with SS and I think you are going to see a real price drop on it once the market is flooded with them.

I'm just upset that it seems my flexpay order won't be done till next month! I wish they'd timed the payments it better so I'd have it now!!

Back