LoveMinusZero's Tubb O Good Things!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveMinusZero

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey everybody, inspired by all the awesome stuff on this forum, I've started my own thread for future sculpts and customs. I've posted some sketches of head sculpt concepts I plan on making, and I'd love to hear your thoughts! My name's Ryan by the way. Alright then, let the shoosting begin!

theever-living.jpg

Inspired by Galacticboy (sorry man, I can't remember your name) I'm going to take a shot a Mumm-Ra, he just looks like too much fun. I'm very new to 1/6 collecting and I don't have spare bodies laying around, so I was wondering if having Mumm-Ra's head leaning out can even work because I don't know what the various neck pegs look like, but it would really help his hunchy decrepit look to have his head leaning out. Anyway, we'll see.

RedSkull.jpg

Ah, good ol' Johann. I've always liked the older, rubber mask looking Red Skull better than the literal man with a red skull for a head. I'm not sold on this yet though.

Dent.jpg

I'm not sure if I should go with Dent's destroyed half having hair or not.

ManWhoLaughs.jpg

I'd like to have a go at the Bob Kane/Man Who Laughs version of The Joker.

TheJoker.jpg

and a modern Joker too.

Okay then, gimmie the what's what! I'll keep you posted!

Some great work

You studying or studied drawing before ?

Hopefully these will translate into your finished sculpts

If you use sculpey or Milliput (milliput I use) then Mumras neck leaning out shouldnt be a problem, I simply sculpt onto the neck peg when connecting head to body as long as it sets in shape on the peg you shouldnt get any problems. Getting the right body and a suitable peg as youve said will be the key - theres plenty of posts in this area for body comparisons

Wow man, those are some great illustrations! I can't wait to see them translated into figures :rock

Those are some really great drawings there. I can't wait to see what you do with that Dent sketch and some sculpting equipment

Is that a 3B pencil or are you happy to see me?

Great job man. You've got some real talent. I've been tempted to post some of my drawings, but i'm still working on a few to get them just right.

These will look great if made into sculpts. :rock

GREAT Drawings man!! They are comic quality images, especially Dent and Mumm-Ra... Fantastic work, I cannot wait to see them made into actual figures. :rock

Bravo :clap

If your sculpting is half as good as your drawing you are gonna create some amazing stuff!!!

I am excited to see what you come up with!

Hey thanks guys!

Here's Mumm-Ra after round one.
Do you guys know if turpentine is okay in place of turpenoid or lighter fluid? I forgot to pick up any and all I've got around here is turpentine.

Ra.jpg

Not sure about turpentine... I used rubbing alchohol, I think 90% or so.

Oh, and that sculpt is looking killer :rock

Damn bro! Where have you been hiding that talent?!? That sculpt is sick and looks spot-on to the illustration :rock :rock

Back