Love the site!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnash

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm a long-time SS collector (if going back to 2001 is considered long-time). I have a pretty diverse collection of items ranging from Monty Python and the Holy Grail to Star Wars. My all-time favorite piece is the Darkness PF released a few years ago...I believe that the detail and, for lack of a better word, 'awsem-ness' of this piece is unrivaled.

On a sadder note, I am coming to grips with the impending departure of many of my collectibles. My gf of nine years wants to go back to school and do a complete 180 as far as careers go. If it means being happier, I'm all for it. Unfortunately this means taming debt and moving to a smaller place.

I initially entertained going the ebay route for my nearly departed collectibles, and then I stumbled across this forum. So....I'll enjoy sharing in stories and related banter in the forum until I reach the threshhold of posts needed to offer the majority of my collection up to fellow collectors on this sight. As much as it sounds like bona-fide cheese, I'll be happier knowing that someone will enjoy the various items of my collection as I have had the pleasure of enjoying them for as long as I have owned them.

On the bright side, I am looking forward to meeting people with the same shared interests and passion for collecting that I have enjoyed for so long. I can't wait to meet everyone!

...on a completely unrelated note, is there a place for people looking for coupons/codes? I have a $50 gift code from the LOTR presale I'm not going to be using. Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone, and thank you for the warm welcome!

Here's a quick rundown of my collection and my personal rating of the quality of each:

PF Lord of Darkness ex: 10++++
PF Boba Fett ex: 8
PF Ash ex: 7
PF Red Skull ex: 9
PF Darth Vader ex: 10+
PF Obi Wan ex: 7 (I've been thru 2 replacement lightsabers and still
can't get it to light up without a struggle)
1:6 Monty Pythons:
All five knights, clean: ~8
Tim the enchanter: 9
The Knights who say 'Ni': 9
Patsy: 9

Other 1:6s
Darth Vader, Sith apprentice (SDCC ex): 9
Darth Vader, armored ex: 10+
Storm Trooper ex: 10
Darth Maul incl:10
Indiana Jones (RotLA) ex: 9
Bib Fortuna ex: 6
Leia as Boush non-ex: 8
Jabba with throne environment and Salacious Crumb creature pack: 9
Angel (Buffy, SDCC exclusive from a number of years back): 7
RAH Boba Fett: 10+
RAH Sandtrooper: 9
Freddy from NoES 3 (SDCC, I believe?): 8

I also have sixty plus carded Starwars (Kenner) figures going back to the big re-release in the nineties. These haven't seen the light of day in some time and have been, I believe, damned to storage until I part with them. I have a few Masters of the Universe re-boots. I loved the Four Horseman sculpts and the Steam Punk-ish look of this line...I wish this line hadn't ended. The other day I ran across some oddities I had totally forgotten about...among them a Jack Burton action figure, man-eating cow from the Tick (wow...reminds me of high school), and a couple of carded Mad Ballz. Good times.

Goodness....I'm sure I may have even more stuff I'm forgetting. With the exception of a handful of some of my SS 1:6s, I proudly display these pieces free of constrictive and extraneous packaging. Given the size of the PFs, I need to ration space accordingly lol.

Good times, and its great to be among fellow collectors!

Hello all.

I'm a long-time SS collector (if going back to 2001 is considered long-time). I have a pretty diverse collection of items ranging from Monty Python and the Holy Grail to Star Wars. My all-time favorite piece is the Darkness PF released a few years ago...I believe that the detail and, for lack of a better word, 'awsem-ness' of this piece is unrivaled.

On a sadder note, I am coming to grips with the impending departure of many of my collectibles. My gf of nine years wants to go back to school and do a complete 180 as far as careers go. If it means being happier, I'm all for it. Unfortunately this means taming debt and moving to a smaller place.

I initially entertained going the ebay route for my nearly departed collectibles, and then I stumbled across this forum. So....I'll enjoy sharing in stories and related banter in the forum until I reach the threshhold of posts needed to offer the majority of my collection up to fellow collectors on this sight. As much as it sounds like bona-fide cheese, I'll be happier knowing that someone will enjoy the various items of my collection as I have had the pleasure of enjoying them for as long as I have owned them.

On the bright side, I am looking forward to meeting people with the same shared interests and passion for collecting that I have enjoyed for so long. I can't wait to meet everyone!

Hello there! I know the feeling!

I love my friends, but they don't really "get" my collecting action figures (dolls ;)).

It has been really enjoyable sharing this interest with like minded people. You should start a "Show Your Shelves" thread. (I still need to do this too.) Also, you can create albums in your profile so people can see your stuff. Not sure how many people look at those though.

Also, I'd like to add that I am also from south eastern Wisconsin!!!

Do you know of anywhere in our area that sells 1/6 figures? The only one I know of is Graveyard Records, and they are mostly horror stuff. Plus they are really expensive... cool store though. Check it out if you haven't yet.

Back