LOTR Trilogy Theatrical Re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have fun guys!!
Hope it is a BLAST>
update us on anything Hobbitish ;)

Hopefully PJ doesnt do a GL and tweak the movie again ;)

I really would have hoped PJ added the Orcs chasing the Fellowship into Rivendell.You do see edited snippets of it in the earleir FOTR trailer..oh well.

Waited to long for wife to get act together about movie---now I sit with no LOTR tonight

No listings for it in my area, seriously disappointing cause I was looking forward to this. I even checked the independent theatres just in case.

(woohoo, post 1000!)

Just got back from the Fellowship of the Ring.

The only "new" bits was Fellowship of the Ring trivia before the film (what is Bilbo's surname, how many arrows did Boromir take etc.) and this short, short bit about the Hobbit and a forgettable clip about Jackson talking about filming LOTR.

The film itself is the extended version of Fellowship, other than the regular extended version, no new scenes. No orcs chasing them into Rivendell etc.

Just got back from the Fellowship of the Ring.

The only "new" bits was Fellowship of the Ring trivia before the film (what is Bilbo's surname, how many arrows did Boromir take etc.) and this short, short bit about the Hobbit and a forgettable clip about Jackson talking about filming LOTR.

The film itself is the extended version of Fellowship, other than the regular extended version, no new scenes. No orcs chasing them into Rivendell etc.

Just got back. Glad to see the EE on the big screen, but did not see any bit about the Hobbit or Jackson, if it was shown AFTER the movie, my mother wouldn't sit through the whole credits to see it. If it was shown before, the theater I was at didn't show it.

I knew there wasn't going to be any added bits going into it, just the EEs though I did here that RotK would be the director's cut, but I don't know if that has been confirmed.

Just got back and man do I love this movie. Can't get enough of it really. :rock

Loved seeing the stuff before on TORN, Weta, and the intro from PJ. Looking forward to seeing TTT next week. :)

I knew there wasn't going to be any added bits going into it, just the EEs though I did here that RotK would be the director's cut, but I don't know if that has been confirmed.

The EE are the directors cuts so I don't expect anything different from ROTK in two weeks.

I saw the Weta one and the trivia, but that's it. Nothing about Jackson. Wonder why?

Maybe they'll repeat it next week. Anyway, the theater wasn't a sellout but it was more than half full. Mom and I were the first ones there. This mother and her two teenage daughters come in and were pissed because they wanted the seats we were in. Oh well.....:pfft::pfft::pfft: :lol

I'm sure they'll have one before each of them with him saying something similar about each movie. It was nice to see PJ talking about the movies.

Just got back, thoroughly enjoyed it. The best part was I got to share the experience with my 8 year old daughter (who has just gotten to the point where she could sit through a 3.5 hour movie).

Two thumbs up all over again!

Just got back.

Great experience. Only 2nd time in a decade the Extended Version of Fellowship could be seen on a big screen with no break or intermission.

I haven't seen it in many years, forgot how awesome a movie it is and also how well it stands up to the test of time. The true definition of a classic.

Pretty funny too seeing all the people constantly leaving and coming back as those with weak bladders gave in. If they can't handle this, what will they be like for the 4 hour and 23 minute Return of the King EE? LoL.

The PJ intro was ok but a little bland. I was expecting a little info or teaser about the Hobbit but I suppose that a little unrealistic.

The one really really important thing that I learned at least is that the Extended Edition versions of the trilogy were actually REMASTERED and not just up-scaled versions of the DVDs. So some time and effort actually went into them and my hopes for a reference level version of the EE with no edge enhancement or DNR are very high.

Bring on the Two Towers and Return of the King.

Dennis

Back