LOTR - Save or Destroy the Ring?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oxfordian

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Can you tell me which Sideshow Weta pieces had in the blurb on the back of the box that Frodo set out to 'SAVE' the ring? I have several pieces which have this error on and would be interested to know which others have it too.

I am pretty sure this only happened on the green (Fellowship) boxes and must have been spotted and changed to 'Destroy' fairly early on, but when did this happen and who spotted the error?

A list of Save and a list for Destroy would be nice.

Fellowship (Green) boxes with Frodo SAVING the ring
Statues
Frodo Baggins
Legolas
Merriadoc Brandybuck
Moria Orc Swordsman
Orc Brute
Orc Overseer
Orc Warrior
Sam & Bill the pony
Saruman

Busts
Bilbo
Cleaved Orc
Frodo
Moria Orc Swordsman
Nazgul Steed
Numenorean Infantryman
Orc Overseer
Orc Soldier
Pippin
Sam
Uruk Hai Scout

Helms
Elendil's
Gandalf's Hat
Gimli
High Elven War
Isildur's
Numenorean Infantry
Orc Hide
Orc Iron Cap
Orc Legion
Orc Trapjaw

Fellowship (Green) boxes with Frodo DESTROYING the ring.

Statues
Arwen
Balrog, Flame of Udun
Elrond
Moria Orc Archer
Ringwraith on Steed
Uruk Hai Scout Swordsman

Busts
Arwen
Dwarven Lord
Elrond
Isildur

Environments
Amon Hen
Bucklebury Ferry
Mines of Moria
No Admittance (Bookends)

Last edited:
this is the first ive heard of this, ill have to have a look tonight and see what i can find, what a mistake to make :lol

this is the first ive heard of this, ill have to have a look tonight and see what i can find, what a mistake to make :lol

Quite. If I don't get a list from SS/W then I may have to start one up myself - with a lot of help from the boards of course.

I imagine it is only on The Fellowship boxes since the blurb on the back is different for the other movies. I don't have any of the old Fellowship boxes but I know on the newer ones like the Last Alliance busts, Moria, and the second Balrog all have destroy on them.

The Saruman statue and the Bilbo bust both have 'Save'. I will check out several other boxes I have in deep storage over the coming days and will start a list in the first post of this thread.

LOL - how could that happen?

It seemed funny to me too when I discovered it (some 18 months ago now) but now I see it as an additional aspect of the pieces collectable value.

Come on Sideshow, can anyone give me an answer to my original question? :confused:

Bump.....

Edited the list. There are more 'Save' boxes than I originally thought.

More to check over the coming weeks.

I imagine it is only on The Fellowship boxes since the blurb on the back is different for the other movies. I don't have any of the old Fellowship boxes but I know on the newer ones like the Last Alliance busts, Moria, and the second Balrog all have destroy on them.

It is only on the Fellowship boxes but my Isildur and Numenorean Infantry busts both have 'Save'. Not checked Moria or the baby rog yet.

It is only on the Fellowship boxes but my Isildur and Numenorean Infantry busts both have 'Save'. Not checked Moria or the baby rog yet.

Interesting that Isildur has it since it was one of the later releases.

This was new to me too!
All my boxes (most with contence since no place to set!) are spread all around the house in and on cabinets, so I'd need a deep salvage team to check them all, but I could verify it on three boxes of statues:

DESTROY:
Ringwraith and Stead
Moria Orc Archer

SAVE:
Moria Orc Swordsman.

This was new to me too!
All my boxes (most with contence since no place to set!) are spread all around the house in and on cabinets, so I'd need a deep salvage team to check them all, but I could verify it on three boxes of statues:

DESTROY:
Ringwraith and Stead
Moria Orc Archer

SAVE:
Moria Orc Swordsman.

Thanks for the info, I don't have either of the Orc stats you mention. List updated.

So far ever fellowship box (the green ones) i have checked says saved

SAVED

Orc hide helm
orc Trapjaw helm
Numenorean helm
Gimli helm
Overseer Statue

So far ever fellowship box (the green ones) i have checked says saved

SAVED

Orc hide helm
orc Trapjaw helm
Numenorean helm
Gimli helm
Overseer Statue

Thanks TG, list updated. I have now put them in alphabetical order for ease of reference.

467 viewings and just a few replies.

Come on, get those boxes out and fill in the gaps. Anyone got the Daddy Rog? or Cavey? I am sure they are in Fellowship boxes.

Back