LOTR on HD-DVD or Blu-ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I've been reading, New Line actually isn't included in this deal. They're seperate from the Warner deal somehow. Nonetheless, there has been talk that New Line may go exclusive likewise with whatever company Warner chooses. They won't go exclusive JUST BECAUSE Warner does, but they may be heavily influenced by the decision and flollow accordingly. I'd hate for anyone to not see LOTR in high def, but it's still an unsure a thing as seeing Indiana Jones in high def. Indy may be made by Paramount, but the whole Spielberg thing and the fact that Lucas freaking owns everything Indy and Star Wars creates big problems. And no, before anyone asks, no one knows for sure yet if Indy will be coming out in high def. Say what you will, toss you best theories, but NO ONE IN THE PUBLIC KNOWS.

From what I've been reading, New Line actually isn't included in this deal. They're seperate from the Warner deal somehow. Nonetheless, there has been talk that New Line may go exclusive likewise with whatever company Warner chooses. They won't go exclusive JUST BECAUSE Warner does, but they may be heavily influenced by the decision and flollow accordingly. I'd hate for anyone to not see LOTR in high def, but it's still an unsure a thing as seeing Indiana Jones in high def. Indy may be made by Paramount, but the whole Spielberg thing and the fact that Lucas freaking owns everything Indy and Star Wars creates big problems. And no, before anyone asks, no one knows for sure yet if Indy will be coming out in high def. Say what you will, toss you best theories, but NO ONE IN THE PUBLIC KNOWS.

Looks like Middle Earth will be Blue...as expected New Line to follow:

https://www.variety.com/article/VR1117978461.html?categoryid=1009&cs=1

Warner's move leaves only Paramount and Universal squarely in the HD DVD camp. Sony, Fox, Disney and Lionsgate all back Blu-ray. Warner sister company New Line confirmed it will shift allegiance to Blu-ray only as well.

Back