LOTR:Neca Gollum & Smeagol 1:4 Scale Figure Asst.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cultpredator

Freaked Out
Reaction score
sorry if it has been posted before but I had not seen it anywhere.
anyway got this email from the company I get my own figures from.please delete if it has been posted..

Lord of the Rings/Hobbit 1/4 Scale Gollum & Smeagol Action Figures.
A brand new addition to our 1/4 scale figures brings you characters from The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Our first figure in this exciting new category will be offered in an assortment of Gollum and Smeagol. The figures stand over 12" tall and feature amazing detail and articulation based on Gollum/Smeagol's appearance in Lord of the Rings. Each figure is incredibly detailed and features over 25 points of articulation for endless variety of posing and crouching. This is the most accurate and most poseable version of Gollum or Smeagol ever released.

Confirmed arrival: : 30/12/2012
View attachment 49860

This actually looks pretty good. It would pretty cool if we got the Fellowship in this format but that'll never happen.

I think NECA has some Avengers figures in the works in this style as well.

I'm very eager for this line, since I don't see HT going after the 1:6 or 1:4 LOTR/Hobbit license.

I can't see any joints in the pic, so I have to wonder if the body is rubber or something along those lines. Maybe like the old Toybiz Gollum.

Yeah, I saw that David :wave...looks nice. :wink1:

No joints, must be wired.

Wouldn't mind seeing some more pics of him though. :pray:

Could make for an interesting line. :)

Thanks for the post. :hi5:

:duff
Bill

That's great T.E.D, thanks for the link. :hi5:

Quite a look likeness IMHO - very nice. :clap

Joints are quite well done too. :clap

Worth keeping an eye on. :wink1:

:duff
Bill

great stuff for that link also TED sorry didnt see your post.. going to have to jump on this line I reckon nice size if they realease them all!!

great stuff for that link also TED sorry didnt see your post.. going to have to jump on this line I reckon nice size if they realease them all!!

If these come out anywhere near the quality of the ones they made for Lord of the Rings years ago they should be good, it just depends on the price they go for, i'd hope they are more poseable than the old figures which were essentially just statues with a few cut joints here and there, they gave you some pose-ability but you were pretty much limited to one display choice.

This Gollum seems to have far better articulation than my Aragorn & Legolas so they should be pretty cool.

Ted I have a trade price here not a rrp price but this is how much i can buy them for now on PO 38.40 euro and in a case there are four figures

2x gollum
2x smeagol

If these come out anywhere near the quality of the ones they made for Lord of the Rings years ago they should be good, it just depends on the price they go for, i'd hope they are more poseable than the old figures which were essentially just statues with a few cut joints here and there, they gave you some pose-ability but you were pretty much limited to one display choice.

This Gollum seems to have far better articulation than my Aragorn & Legolas so they should be pretty cool.

Since these figures can be applicable to LOTR (don't know if Gollum looks quite the same in The Hobbit yet), is it safe to say these might be coming out soon? Seems like these would be great to release early to get the buzz for The Hobbit going.

Back