LOTR Environments?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on which one you are talking about... and what you meant by average,... its like each to his own liking.... :eek:

I have all of them in my collection, and I can say that they are all very well done with a lot af amazing details and that they can be a nice addition to any statue / bust collection.

The one I personally care the least for is the Mines of Moria, but everything else I like a lot. Even Helm's Deep, that a lot of people don't like, is a very nice environment, once repainted: see my pictures here: Helm's Deep

The only thing I don't understand is the price for Orthanc (and to a certain point, for The Stone Trolls). But I guess, it's just demand and supply for items that had a very low edition size.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, the most recently released enviros like Weathertop or Bucklebury Ferry can be found pretty cheap ($ 60 - 80). Also, The Golden Hall is a great value for your money, I love it.

The environments are great! Even though most are small, they all have a charming look to them. The downside is that most of them dont have a spectacular paintjob. But in terms of detail, they more then make up for it.

The one I personally care the least for is the Mines of Moria, but everything else I like a lot. Even Helm's Deep, that a lot of people don't like, is a very nice environment, once repainted: see my pictures here: Helm's Deep

LoL, well there ya go. I like Moria the best! It is completely stuffed with details. And its so different from everything else. You actually have to explore the piece to find all the details inside. Which is great fun :). But to each his own.

My SS/Weta collection began with only the environments. That quickly changed and now I've got statues, busts and helms as well...:wacky

In my opinion, nothing captures the essence of PJ's Middle Earth than the environments. As for the Mines of Moria piece, it's my favorite environment as well. Just as B-E mentioned, it's in the details, man. Love exploring that one.

You may just try buying one if you see a good deal and see if you like them. Currently, Amon Hen is my favorite environment.

My fave is Moria. I love that part of the book and movie (FOTR) and to me this things is awesome cause you can basically trace their entire journey.

Edit: Another one I really liked but did sell to help lower my CC debt was Weathertop. That's another great part of this story.

Last edited:
Yogie Bear said:
How good are these and are they worth getting for the average collector?

At first I liked them, but I've really grown tired of having them in my collection. They just don't compare for me to the amazing products that are out there right now.

I actually just put the 6 I have left up on Ebay. I just don't want them anymore. I'm going to put the money towards a Cinemaquette T-800. Only centerpiece type stuff for me from now on.:horror

I am a fan of the envios, esp as paired with a select few busts. The Mines are amazing IMO, and considering the prices out there, a piece to get for sure. Having just obtained the Stone Trolls, I am really considering Orthanc to complete the line. :google

The mines of Moria is my favorite and I have it displayed with the MOS and MOA bust. Golden Hall is really nice and inexpensive. Amon Hen is real nice and I really like the BuckleburyFerry.

FlyAndFight said:
Think of the new baby, Matt!!! :D

Baby needs a new pair shoes... and food... and clothing... and shelter...

Food is covered ... for awhile. :wacky I was only thinking Alex. :eek: :D

I like them all ,but it depends in your love to the environments because some when they get an environment for example when they get Helm's Deep they dont like the paint, etc, etc and they sell it and thats all. Is all in your decision.

While I tend to display the 1/6 statues on their own, I have found that the environments can look nice combined with other pieces for a themed display. For example, I have one shelf with Helm's Deep and the Golden Hall angled on both sides of the Hooded Rohirrim soldier bust, with some of the Rohan Helms in the background. Another shelf has Moria with the Baby Balrog and the Moria Orc Helm. The environments are nice, and add a little something different to mix in with the rest of your collection.

I love the enviros, and since I don't have either Orthanc or Stonetrolls, my favorite is Mines of Moria, may look like a big brown lump of poly when you first sees it, but by a closer look, the intricate details are really amazing (for me)
:joy
At first i displayed the enviros together, but after the move, I've chosen to display them a bit different.
Helm's Deep with Uruk Berserker statue and Galadhrim Archer statue
Mines of Moria with babyRog and Fellbeast.
Golden Hall with shelob????

And the four small enviros MT, Amon Hen, Weathertop and BB ferry on a shelf of their own. thinking of changing the display when I'm (hopefully) getting Minas Morgul and displays it in the middle between Shelob and Fellbeast.
Now I only need something to but on the other side of Moria, will look empty with just the mines and the baby...
:rolleyes:

While I tend to display the 1/6 statues on their own, I have found that the environments can look nice combined with other pieces for a themed display. For example, I have one shelf with Helm's Deep and the Golden Hall angled on both sides of the Hooded Rohirrim soldier bust, with some of the Rohan Helms in the background. Another shelf has Moria with the Baby Balrog and the Moria Orc Helm. The environments are nice, and add a little something different to mix in with the rest of your collection.

Yeah, thats indeed the best way to display them. I have my Minas Tirith surrounded by the Gondorian helm set and a bust from Isildur. My Minas Morgul has a photo from Frodo, Sam and Gollum next to it together with the ML on Fell Beast piece. Makes the environments even more awesome :rock

Back