lotr collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotsman

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi ive been collecting the lotr chess sets by eaglemoss also there 180 collectors figures and the special edition figures to go with both do you think this collection will go up much in the future im a bit of a hoarder so planning to keep them for at least the next ten years was wondering now that ive finnished this collecttion what's next what's going to maybe make a nice nest egg in say ten years time :)

Really tough to read your posts. Misspellings aside - seriously -- you might want to try using punctuation (at least a period) every once in a while. :peace

Hi ive been collecting the lotr chess sets by eaglemoss also there 180 collectors figures and the special edition figures to go with both do you think this collection will go up much in the future im a bit of a hoarder so planning to keep them for at least the next ten years was wondering now that ive finnished this collection what's next what's going to maybe make a nice nest egg in say ten years time :)

If you are collecting to gather a 'nest egg' then IMO you are in this for completely the wrong reason. This is a hobby, it's meant to be fun to collect the things you love.
As long as you are happy with a purchase you are making at the moment, that is all that matters. Some pieces may increase in value over time, some may not, This is not the stock market so if you want a guaranteed return, I would suggest investing instead.

Enjoy what you buy, if something makes you happy today, that is the main thing. I don't think anyone can predict what the aftermarket value of any collectable will be in 10 years time. Even the big hitters from the days of SSW have prices that fluctuate, nothing is guaranteed and no-one can know what item (if anything) will be worth a lot in the future.

Buy what you like, and like what you buy - that's the most important things in this hobby, imo.

Just my thoughts anyways.
x :peace

Seems to happen when a license picks up alittle steam - you get people asking what the new hotness is going to be so that they can "start collecting", which translates to "start scalping".

You're on a collector board, not some Ebay scalper Hot Wheeler forum. Collect what you like and try not to think about future value and you'll always be fine. If you like your collection than it will always be the best one out there and that's the most important thing.

If you are collecting to gather a 'nest egg' then IMO you are in this for completely the wrong reason. This is a hobby, it's meant to be fun to collect the things you love.
As long as you are happy with a purchase you are making at the moment, that is all that matters. Some pieces may increase in value over time, some may not, This is not the stock market so if you want a guaranteed return, I would suggest investing instead.

Enjoy what you buy, if something makes you happy today, that is the main thing. I don't think anyone can predict what the aftermarket value of any collectable will be in 10 years time. Even the big hitters from the days of SSW have prices that fluctuate, nothing is guaranteed and no-one can know what item (if anything) will be worth a lot in the future.

Buy what you like, and like what you buy - that's the most important things in this hobby, imo.

Just my thoughts anyways.
x :peace

:goodpost: :lecture

I bought the first 75 or so figures from Eaglemoss and was very happy with them. I stopped because it just got too expensive with the shipping and all.

I have seen some for sale at the original issue price. I would think if you are selling a whole lot of them as a group it could take forever - if ever - to find that one buyer.

I expect to pick up the rest someday and expect to pay nowhere near original issue. They simply never caught on.

Thanks Adopted i appreciate your comments, wetnut is this the way you reply to all newcomers that are looking for help on the forum? bad attitude for a friendly forum, i'd rather you didnt reply to my post's unless you have something helpful or constuctive to say, Red Metal im hardly scalping as you put it! if im keeping anything i buy for for ten years at least, but i will collect what i like and i do agree that if i buy pieces that i like the look of i will have a good collection, i do agree i could have probably worded it a little better and not looked so monetary but Hey we live and learn thankyou for your input

Hi Gideon i started of buying the lotr chess set i collect chess set's love them, and seen the lotr chess set for sale bought it and got hooked, looking forward to seeing the hobbit chess set.

I love the eaglemoss pieces. I only have a few that were my sisters. If I won the lottery, I'd get them all. Congrats on your collection.

Thankyou Fremen as i said im hooked i especially like the chess set's
i have the three eaglemoss chess set's, I have about a dozen diffrent chess set's at home i have a real passion for them, looking forward to seeing the hobbit chess set, i also like the eaglemoss collectors models but i have noticed some are far better quality than others! i also really like the eaglemoss chess and collectors specials,one thing is for sure they take up a lot of space i've seen some of the members collections and they are huge! how they manage to find the space form them i dont know.

... wetnut is this the way you reply to all newcomers that are looking for help on the forum? bad attitude for a friendly forum, i'd rather you didnt reply to my post's unless you have something helpful or constuctive to say...

You might want to do your homework. Wetanut is one of the most friendly, helpful and respectful people I've met online. And she's right, the lack of punctuation makes posts harder to read. Not just yours, there are more people who don't use punctuation. That way it's very hard to tell where one sentence ends and the next begins. And the :peace smiley means that it was meant as a friendly comment. But enough about grammar, let's talk Eaglemoss again.

I don't think there's anything wrong in people being curious about the current or potential future value of something they own.

I don't sit swearing at the TV whilst watching Antiques Roadshow wanting to know why these people aren't just enjoying what they have!

Infact i never watch Antiques Roadshow...... is it still on?

Also, some people don't use punctuation very well. There could be a few reasons for this but i still managed to understand what was being said.

Incidentally, i own all of the Eaglemoss collectors models but currently have nowhere or no means to display them so they're in a draw or two!

Welcome to the board Scottie! :wave

thankyou FrodoEyes for your comments, seems people on this forum are to busy pointing out my grammer to help, i thought i had joined a forum on eaglemoss not an online grammer class, to be honest i may not have the best grammer but i think most people would easily make out what i say, but in the short time i've been on this site ive been attacked on my grammer and also on wanting to just make money from collecting lotr, i invest in gold for that! i have done for years, i just wanted to make sure what i buy is the best as i am new to eaglemoss, but think i'll be closing down my account here if this is a measure of the responses to such a trivial question, thankyou for your reply Frodo which in my opinion is more in keeping with what i thought a good friendly forum and it's members should be.

Thankyou Fremen as i said im hooked i especially like the chess set's
i have the three eaglemoss chess set's, I have about a dozen diffrent chess set's at home i have a real passion for them, looking forward to seeing the hobbit chess set, i also like the eaglemoss collectors models but i have noticed some are far better quality than others! i also really like the eaglemoss chess and collectors specials,one thing is for sure they take up a lot of space i've seen some of the members collections and they are huge! how they manage to find the space form them i dont know.

I think you might have taken some comments in the wrong light.

The LOTR section is generally one of the more friendly sub-forums.

Paragraphing makes for easier reading making the experience better for all concerned that's all :peace:1-1:

I think you might have taken some comments in the wrong light.

The LOTR section is generally one of the more friendly sub-forums.

Paragraphing makes for easier reading making the experience better for all concerned that's all :peace:1-1:
True Dat :lecture :exactly:.

Wetanut is awesome, she was merely making a suggestion to make things easier to read.

No-one has attacked you, so please don't think that. You have to remember that we are an online forum and respond to what is posted but sometimes it reads differently than if you were saying the same words directly to a person. Peeps sometimes do not read on a screen what was intended as light hearted by the poster.

I'm sure you will love it here, you will find many collectors that have a wealth of knowledge and a passion for collecting.

So where in Glesga are you from Scotsman?

What else do you collect, or is it just Chess Sets. I've always loved the look of Chess Sets too. Never bought one but they sure look purdy.
x :wave

Last edited:
Sure future value is interesting but collect what you like. Otherwise you will turn around and sell it in a short time period. As far as grammar I don't think a few mistakes are a big thing, but literally skipping any kind of punctuation makes it more of a chore to read.

My sister was also into the chess set pieces so those are the ones I have. Really, really nice.

Back