LoTR 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Legolas is worth it too if you get one of Darren Carnall's casts for a resculpt.

lego4.jpg

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/JTonello/Statues/lego2.jpg

That's looking great Ryu! I think he needs some sun though :lol

Same here I'm afraid. HT just don't seem to have any interest in LOTR which I find gutting :(

I kinda want HT to make them but kind of don't. I've had a lot of fun customizing my SS ones. Just finished Sam and Frodo last night with only Faramir and Gandalf left to go. I'd be thrilled if HT said they were making them, but at the same time, I'd feel like my hard work was in vain :lol

Perfect start "frodo": Sam and Frodo (Sideshow).

The DiD hobbits are to big (wrong scale), and ToyBiz is a kind of "Barbie"-style.

Legolas, Aragorn, General Hein (FF - Palisades), Gandalf, Gimli, Sam, Frodo (DiD), Frodo (ToyBiz).

Last edited:
DiD (Dragon in Dream) produced several LotR 1/6 scale actionfigures (in 2004). The shops in Europe or USA always say only for Asian market, but you can get this 6 figures:
----------------------
Legolas No. D944
Aragorn No. D945
Gandalf No. D946
Frodo No. D942
Sam No. D941
Gimli No. D943
(look at the custom Gimlis, many of the (forum) customers use DiD parts).
----------------------
For DiD Saruman and five Monsters (Orcs) i have no numbers. I have never seen this actionfigures in any shop in Europe or USA.
Or any pictures (Flickr, Photobucket... or anywhere else on the www - if you do a better "search job" post the results please).
Maybe a forum member (from Asia) own this figures and post some pictures.

I have a DiD prospectus (leaflet) which shows a total of 12 DiD 1/6 LotR actionfigures (only very small pictures).
------------
If you want to see more pictures of my "non Sideshow" (until now) LotR visit my Flickr account. But do not expect to much.
I am a newbie on 1/6 LotR (only 4-5 weeks).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62651061@N02/sets/72157627365394224/
------------

Last edited:
DiD (Dragon in Dream) produced several LotR 1/6 scale actionfigures (in 2004). The shops in Europe or USA always say only for Asian market, but you can get this 6 figures:
----------------------
Legolas No. D944
Aragorn No. D945
Gandalf No. D946
Frodo No. D942
Sam No. D941
Gimli No. D943
(look at the custom Gimlis, many of the (forum) customers use DiD parts).
----------------------
For DiD Saruman and five Monsters (Orcs) i have no numbers. I have never seen this actionfigures in any shop in Europe or USA.
Or any pictures (Flickr, Photobucket... or anywhere else on the www - if you do a better "search job" post the results please).
Maybe a forum member (from Asia) own this figures and post some pictures.

I have a DiD prospectus (leaflet) which shows a total of 12 DiD 1/6 LotR actionfigures (only very small pictures).
------------
If you want to see more pictures of my "non Sideshow" (until now) LotR visit my Flickr account. But do not expect to much.
I am a newbie on 1/6 LotR (only 4-5 weeks).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/62651061@N02/sets/72157627365394224/
------------

nice collection you got i can clearly see ss is a bit more superior in terms of accessories & certain sculpts also i see why a lot people get the DiD gimli. he is just awesome piece

I'm quite sure the Orcs and Saruman were only prototypes. They were never produced or released.

You are correct sir. They were never produced. Only prototype pics were shown on the catalog that came with the DiD LOTR figs from what I know. I have DiD Legolas. Cool fig but SSC's is better

Only a question:
Has anyone made a (custom) Eomer in 1/6 scale? (Link, pictures? Please).

I think this (cheap) 12" doll has a sufficient likeness with the actor (Karl Urban).
Ok - the hair (wrong color, short, no beard...).

Mc Coy, Playmates Toys, scale 1/6.

Last edited:
Thank you for the link - ChibiSchmoo.

"I picked up one of those McCoys with the intention of trying that someday..."

Same intention by me - i took even two of them. One for Star Trek, the other (maybe) for LotR.

Would be nice...but not sure what we would get if they did...probably only 3-4 figures at most. They can churn out loads of Iron Man and Batman cause they use the same parts, etc. With LOTR, EVERY costume is different AND unique...so the costs would be rediculous.

It'd still be a lot cheaper than statues... Look at the Sweeney Todd. Around $200 depending on where you buy from, but it comes with a great chair, diorama, and a great amount of accessories/clothing. I'd definitely pay $180 for the main characters. Considering how much people have to pay for previously releases figures off the marketplace, anything under $200 for detailed figures seems acceptable to me. /shrug

If HT does get involved with LOTR, I can only see it being another partnership thing with SS similar to Indy and Star Wars. Not that that's a bad thing but from what I've heard, the partnership only allows HT to do characters SS has already done. I'm looking for some that haven't been done especially Gimil, Saruman and some Ringwraiths or at least the Witch King

As long as they give a long headsup before HT touches LotR... Can you imagine how much the Fellowship alone would cost?!?!

Back