Lost scenes from Fritz Lang's Metropolis re-discovered after 80 years!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are Eureka's Masters of Cinema specs (courtesy of DVD Talk):

blut.png

* 150-minute feature film (including 25 minutes of footage previously thought lost to the world)
* Special-edition packaging with lavish wraparound sleeve and embossed printing
* Pristine film transfers presented on Blu-ray (1080p) and DVD (2-disc)
* Newly translated optional English subtitles
* Full-length audio commentary by David Kalat and Jonathan Rosenbaum
* Die Reise nach Metropolis (2010) documentary about the film
* 56-page booklet featuring new essays, archival interviews, vintage production stills, and more
* Further extras to be announced nearer the release date

The documentary "Die Reise nach Metropolis" is 52 minutes long.

:drool

I will prefer one with German packaging (fingers crossed the BluRay from Deutschland in region-free), but that looks amazing.

Hi, Do Sideshow Collectibles have any plans to do a box set for the complete "Metropolis" coming to Blu-ray Disc Nov. 2010 with some type of "Maria The Robot" statue inside of the box set?

Thanks so much for your time Sideshow! :)

Nick

Here are Eureka's Masters of Cinema specs (courtesy of DVD Talk):

blut.png

* 150-minute feature film (including 25 minutes of footage previously thought lost to the world)
* Special-edition packaging with lavish wraparound sleeve and embossed printing
* Pristine film transfers presented on Blu-ray (1080p) and DVD (2-disc)
* Newly translated optional English subtitles
* Full-length audio commentary by David Kalat and Jonathan Rosenbaum
* Die Reise nach Metropolis (2010) documentary about the film
* 56-page booklet featuring new essays, archival interviews, vintage production stills, and more
* Further extras to be announced nearer the release date

The documentary "Die Reise nach Metropolis" is 52 minutes long.

:drool

The Complete "Metropolis" Blu-ray Disc is up for pre-order at amazon!:rock :D

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Metropolis-Blu-ray-Brigitte-Helm/dp/B0040QYROK/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1

:D

I wish Sideshow would come up with something special for this one and the King Kong (1933) Blu-ray though. :D

So, these are two distinctly different releases of the same movie? Are they for different regions?

So, these are two distinctly different releases of the same movie? Are they for different regions?

That is correct. The one I posted is being released in Region B by Eureka Entertainment. The one The Monster posted is being released in Region A by Kino.

Are the releases similar in terms of the on-disc bonus features? As much as I prefer the package art and booklet inclusion of the Eureka release, those are things I can do without as long as the on-disc content on the Kino release is comparable.

Are the releases similar in terms of the on-disc bonus features? As much as I prefer the package art and booklet inclusion of the Eureka release, those are things I can do without as long as the on-disc content on the Kino release is comparable.

Here's the details on Kino's release:

The Blu-ray will have 1080p video, a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 soundtrack, and supplements will include: Original 1927 score by Gottfried Huppertz, performed by the Rundfunk Symphony Orchestra, Berlin, conducted by Frank Strobel presented in DTS HD Master Audio 5.1; Voyage to Metropolis, a 50-minute documentary on the making and restoration of the film (presented in HD); Interview with Paula Felix-Didier, curator of the Museo del Cine, Buenos Aires, where the missing footage was discovered; and 2010 re-release trailer.

It sounds like the Kino release won't have a full-length audio commentary, but they will include the making of documentary.

Cool. Thanks for the info, Waller. The Kino release will do. I don't need three versions of the film sitting on my shelf.

Back