1/6 Lost in Space 1/6 scale B9 Robot by Moebius

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karnis

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok, it's a model kit. But for $60 and some supplies you can have a top notch 1/6 scale Lost in Space Robot that will fit right into your collection.

...and if you add the light and voice kit from tenacontrols.com for $130 you'll have a Hot Toys quality product. It really wasn't a hard build at all.
I dropped a single LED & 9V battery in the chest area to backlight the clear colored front panel buttons. This fall they are updating the kit with a glass dome. I plan to revisit this in the spring & give it the full light & sound treatment. Highly recommended.

b9 4.jpg

b9 1.jpg

Congrats! Very good work! You have far more patience than I in building that, as well as adding electronics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted this in the QMX Kirk/Spock thread so I'll post it here in the proper thread.
I was about to buy this on Amazon for $47, then I found one for $34 W/ free shipping on Ebay. It arrived from the Ebay seller today, took two days from Champaign Illinois to Kansas City. The shipping box could've been bigger and I wish they added padding around the model box but everything is in perfect shape, no damage. I'd recommend the seller, they have two more for the same price ($34.38):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/939-1-6-LIS-Robot-/172811388360?hash=item283c5c85c8

The Kit is much larger than I expected! lots of good clear parts. I could be mistaken, but I think they even included an extra clear "brain" panel and eye stocks tree just in case you screw up on one! I'm probably going to buy a spray can of flat aluminum acrylic from the hardware store and use that for the main body parts since that's a lot of paint to move through my tiny airbrush and try and keep it consistent.

I posted this in the QMX Kirk/Spock thread so I'll post it here in the proper thread.
I was about to buy this on Amazon for $47, then I found one for $34 W/ free shipping on Ebay. It arrived from the Ebay seller today, took two days from Champaign Illinois to Kansas City. The shipping box could've been bigger and I wish they added padding around the model box but everything is in perfect shape, no damage. I'd recommend the seller, they have two more for the same price ($34.38):

The Kit is much larger than I expected! lots of good clear parts. I could be mistaken, but I think they even included an extra clear "brain" panel and eye stocks tree just in case you screw up on one! I'm probably going to buy a spray can of flat aluminum acrylic from the hardware store and use that for the main body parts since that's a lot of paint to move through my tiny airbrush and try and keep it consistent.

After you paint it, please add photo's, love to see how the color looks.

If you have access to a hobby store I used Tamiya TS-76 Mica Silver for the main body & Tamiya TS-38 Gunmetal for dark grey parts. Tamiya clears for the front panel.

Alclad high shine aluminum for the wheel & the dome base.

If you have access to a hobby store I used Tamiya TS-76 Mica Silver for the main body & Tamiya TS-38 Gunmetal for dark grey parts. Tamiya clears for the front panel.

Alclad high shine aluminum for the wheel & the dome base.

A Model paint might be the better way to go. There's a Hobby store near me but they don't carry much Tamiya paint. Though there's a better one near Timewalker Toys so next time I go to pick something up I'll stop in there and gather some supplies.
Thanks for the paint info!

Back