Lord Starkiller....Rise!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theawesomemetr.jpg

I agree katkuru with you useing the Anakin gauntlets looks perfect. I cant wait to see what you do for the armor and helmet. If you do decide to start makeing kits I am SO down for one! Great job with this.

Sithspit! :panic:

Katkuru, I've misplaced my original Pepakura helmet model file (I still have the model, just not in the paper-unfolding-program's format)

so I've had to re-import the model into Pepakura... which means re-unfolding it...(which means re-arranging all the polygons so that you could actually print it out and unfold it... the automatic unfolding jumbles everything around quite a bit! :thud:)

And I have yet to incorporate the visor into the shape of the helmet...

So I think I'll try to get a rough version to you to experiment with sometime around tomorrow. I know you said no rush, but this guy is shaping up to be awesome, and I really would like to help! :D

So bear with me, and I think we'll have a workable model soon.

EDIT: This is what it looks like so far - on the left is the 3D helmet model divided into parts, and then that jumble of shapes on the right is the unfolded paper version... Still needs a lot of work, as you can see... But it's slowly getting there...

PepakuraStarkillerHelm.jpg

Last edited:
That helmet is gonna be a tough build even with that pepakura...I've done the stuff before and its great to work with! Looking at that helmet though you are going to have some really tiny folds to make (have fun lol). I am anxious to see how that turns out though

That helmet is gonna be a tough build even with that pepakura...I've done the stuff before and its great to work with! Looking at that helmet though you are going to have some really tiny folds to make (have fun lol). I am anxious to see how that turns out though

I've actually built this helmet once before, back when I was trying to do starkilller, and it worked out ok but it was too flimsy (at the time I hadn't used sculpey before, and hadn't thought of using superglue) and so it eventually got crushed and ruined, and now I've gone and lost the first Pep file I made.... :slap

Also I'm not sure the ears are workable... The main parts in the middle defintely aren't! They're essentially tiny cylinders with a cylindrical indentation in the middle, I think they'll just have to be sculpted...

I think I need to add more support pieces, and work the visor in there, and then I think I'll just re-unfold it again. If reinforced properly and sculpted over, I think it could turn out very well in the end!

Katkuru, I'm trying to assess where supports are needed... How important is it that the paper helmet fits over a headsculpt? If you're planning to cast it afterwards anyway, it might not matter, but in order to have somewhere to secure the ears, I was thinking of adding supports to the sides of the head (when I tried that, it wasn't wide enough to fit over any HS)

:huh

I always thought a good start for the helmet would be to cut apart a General Grievous and a Boushh helmet and join them. This would give you a base to sculpt and mod onto.

You`ve truely nailed the look of this character, keep up this GREAT work :D

Thanks again Big guy!

Just glad I can help in your amazing project, it looks awesome.

Those photo's are coming in really handy, I can now see what I've been doing wrong!

I'm currently playing TFU for the first time (I'm a little behind in my gaming!)

Your not the only one, I still cant pass the hanger bay!:gah:

Best comment I've gotten so far! :yess:

Friggin hell that looks awesome though i'd be tempted to use some nice black spandex for the skirt etc.

I figured I'd use what I have lying around, but knowing me I can never stop fiddling with my customs. I will probably end up using that very material.

I agree katkuru with you useing the Anakin gauntlets looks perfect. I cant wait to see what you do for the armor and helmet. If you do decide to start makeing kits I am SO down for one! Great job with this.

Thanks, the gauntlets do look great, just need to paint match them and add the grommets and wires. As far as kits, you will be first on the list.

Great Starkiller

Thanks, batt105!

I just wanted to say great work so far!! Can't wait to see what the final figure will look like.

Thanks, I cant wait either!:pray:

I always thought a good start for the helmet would be to cut apart a General Grievous and a Boushh helmet and join them. This would give you a base to sculpt and mod onto.

Genius idea, Dh4. If only the Grievous head wasnt so tiny.:gah:

I've actually built this helmet once before, back when I was trying to do starkilller, and it worked out ok but it was too flimsy (at the time I hadn't used sculpey before, and hadn't thought of using superglue) and so it eventually got crushed and ruined, and now I've gone and lost the first Pep file I made.... :slap

Also I'm not sure the ears are workable... The main parts in the middle defintely aren't! They're essentially tiny cylinders with a cylindrical indentation in the middle, I think they'll just have to be sculpted...

I think I need to add more support pieces, and work the visor in there, and then I think I'll just re-unfold it again. If reinforced properly and sculpted over, I think it could turn out very well in the end!

Katkuru, I'm trying to assess where supports are needed... How important is it that the paper helmet fits over a headsculpt? If you're planning to cast it afterwards anyway, it might not matter, but in order to have somewhere to secure the ears, I was thinking of adding supports to the sides of the head (when I tried that, it wasn't wide enough to fit over any HS)

:huh

DP, don't lose any sleep on this. I really appreciate your efforts to help! I would still like to see if we can make it work though, but if your too busy no worries.
As an option I'm poking around to see if i can get a perfectly sculpted helmet commissioned. I tried to sculpt one but it's not up to my standards!
I'm also taking up 3-D sculpting lessons so I can produce better quality parts for him, ie shoulder armor, Belt buckle, light sabers, and claws. I found a local company here on island that can print out what ever I sculpt for a very reasonable price! The only problem is I don't know how to use those programs yet!:gah: Because of this learning curve, it may be awhile before you see any notable updates! Wish me luck!:pray:

Owwww man!!! Kimo that is stunning! The suit really makes it mate really great.

As for the helm... why not ask Crimsonbob... I am sure he would love to have a go!

DP, don't lose any sleep on this. I really appreciate your efforts to help! I would still like to see if we can make it work though, but if your too busy no worries.
As an option I'm poking around to see if i can get a perfectly sculpted helmet commissioned. I tried to sculpt one but it's not up to my standards!
I'm also taking up 3-D sculpting lessons so I can produce better quality parts for him, ie shoulder armor, Belt buckle, light sabers, and claws. I found a local company here on island that can print out what ever I sculpt for a very reasonable price! The only problem is I don't know how to use those programs yet!:gah: Because of this learning curve, it may be awhile before you see any notable updates! Wish me luck!:pray:

Oh, I see. In that case I think I'll send you what I have without making too many more modifications to the model, that way you can work with it but if you don't like it you can just go with one of the other options available to you.

I think I'm pretty good at 3D (CG) sculpting though (I think I should be at least decent anyway, after 6 years!).... What format/program does the 3D model have to be in for it to be 3D printed? I might be able to help you out with the modeling instead, if you want. :) PM me if you'd like to see some of the other 3D work I've done. (the starkiller helmet model I have so far is kind of crappy because it was designed with Pepakura in mind, so it's very low-rez, to avoid having too many tiny triangles to cut out and fold!)

I mean even if you did part of the models yourself, I still might be able to help you out with them.... :huh

Anyway, I'll try to get that Pepakura file useable soon. If I sent it to you now, I doubt you'd know how to put it together! :lol

Good luck with learning how to model things. :) (what program are you learning with, by the way?)

Oh, I see. In that case I think I'll send you what I have without making too many more modifications to the model, that way you can work with it but if you don't like it you can just go with one of the other options available to you.

I think I'm pretty good at 3D (CG) sculpting though (I think I should be at least decent anyway, after 6 years!).... What format/program does the 3D model have to be in for it to be 3D printed? I might be able to help you out with the modeling instead, if you want. :) PM me if you'd like to see some of the other 3D work I've done. (the starkiller helmet model I have so far is kind of crappy because it was designed with Pepakura in mind, so it's very low-rez, to avoid having too many tiny triangles to cut out and fold!)

I mean even if you did part of the models yourself, I still might be able to help you out with them.... :huh

Anyway, I'll try to get that Pepakura file useable soon. If I sent it to you now, I doubt you'd know how to put it together! :lol

Good luck with learning how to model things. :) (what program are you learning with, by the way?)

You've got mail....

That suit is more than mad. It's evil. Great skillz on such a small part!

Back