Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit 1/6 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and from what I see with HT they won't come anywhere near the minor characters. Now if they were smart (I suppose they are but...) they would make a HOBBIT themed figure that came with heads and enough clothing to make Bilbo, Frodo, Merry and Pippin. They would need four head sculpts, maybe two pairs of pants, four different shirts, vests, and some extra items of clothing to differentiate here and there and some accessories: sting, the one ring, walking sticks, backpacks, frying pan, etc.

Feet could stay the same, hands could stay the same, body could stay the same for each character.

Backdrop of Bag End of course. Do it as a DX05 and charge 250 bucks for it like Indy.

I have a hard time picturing people paying HT prices for Tolkien themed figures when they wouldn't even pony up the $65 for SSC's excellent Gandalf figure.

I don't need a Gandalf or Bilbo from HT. As long as HT makes at least one dwarf, I'll be happy. This way we'll have the bodies to make the remaining figures in worst case scenario.

But like all of you, I'll be ecstatic if HT makes all the Hobbit figures.

I hope HTs doesn't touch these movies...the main characters anyway I just want SSCs to get back in the game and finish the Fellowship and do the Hobbit characters too.

I wouldn't mind if HTs did maybe Sauron, Ringwraths, Urakai, Orcs & a cave troll!!!! That would be awesome and a great set of figures to compliment (overshadow) SSCs line.

F sideshow! They screwed us over by dropping the LOTR line and not giving us the complete Fellowship. I almost rather that DiD or some other less known company does these. As far as I know, all companies, save for Triad have increased their quality tremendously over these last few years.

I think we have a better chance of seeing matrix figures from hot toys then lord of the rings/the hobbit.

We havent even seen any Harry potter figures from hot toys...so very unlikely.

HT doesn't seem to do these kinds of movies. They seem to be too focused on Super heros right now.

Yes perhaps the franchise is too much of an ensemble cast for the likes of HT which tend to go for lines with clear main characters. There is not obvious main character here, although one could argue that Bilbo fits the bill for the Hobbit (but somehow he and all hobbits lack that something that makes heroes heroes).

PS: yes I understand that that's the points of hobbits.

I have a hard time picturing people paying HT prices for Tolkien themed figures when they wouldn't even pony up the $65 for SSC's excellent Gandalf figure.
Never underestimate the cult of Hot Toys. Many will buy anything made, just because Hot Toys makes it.

I can see it happening. They've taken on all kinds of wacky fantasy licenses already with Prince of Persia, Clash of the Titans, Sucker Punch, etc. The LOTR guys look a lot more interesting than some of those others they've released or plan on releasing. If they release figures with metal armor and weapons, real animal fur, etc., then they could be very attractive to high end LOTR collectors who previously focused more on the statues and whatnot.

I don't see it happening. Most LOTR collectors are statue collectors as thats how it all started. If they do thats great but I would say probably not.

Back