Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit 1/6 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hobbit Figures - what will we get ?

It. Won't. Happen.

(love to be proven wrong though)

I am also wondering if SS will get the license in the first place since this is all-weta production. I don't think SS produce any Narnia-related stuff, did they? Not that I have anything against SS, I love their products! In fact, if weta is doing this, the price will be on the high-side, lets not even talk about their shipping to my country! :gah:

DWARVES!
Dwarftest.jpg

I am also wondering if SS will get the license in the first place since this is all-weta production. I don't think SS produce any Narnia-related stuff, did they? Not that I have anything against SS, I love their products! In fact, if weta is doing this, the price will be on the high-side, lets not even talk about their shipping to my country! :gah:

You think Weta is overpriced? My take on recent releases is exactly the opposite, SS is pushing the pricing on PFs and maquettes while Weta pleasantly surprises with a 70 dollar throwback Gandalf.

i just want them to finish the hobbit statues in the 1/5 scale series....

But I thought John Howe had already made Smaug for Weta - though it may not be movie-accurate. But if Howe is on board, then it will be.

No, the John Howe Smaug statue was a statue of a famous painting of his. For The Hobbit, he, Alan Lee, and others will give their versions of Smaug, and PJ will pick what he likes. Howe may very well have chosen something that looks similar, but has some differences, like the balrog, which looked like, but not exactly like, an earlier painting of his.

And Weta shipping is great for me, as they have a UK warehouse! :yess:

A new Gandalf and Bilbo would be fantastic though.

I think the licence for 1/6 statues should carry the proviso that it is only awarded on the understanding that the core characters are made i.e ALL the Dwarves!! :lecture

I think it is safe to assume that with the recent announcements by Hot Toys regarding such licenses as TDKR, X-men First Class, Green Lantern, The Avengers, Spiderman, ect, we can expect The Hobbit to be announced in the near future. And if and when The Hobbit gets announced it can be expected that we will get a LOTR license announcement. How awesome will this be?

I think it is safe to assume that with the recent announcements by Hot Toys regarding such licenses as TDKR, X-men First Class, Green Lantern, The Avengers, Spiderman, ect, we can expect The Hobbit to be announced in the near future. And if and when The Hobbit gets announced it can be expected that we will get a LOTR license announcement. How awesome will this be?

I wouldn't get too excited...if Hot Toys do announce they will be producing some The Hobbit 1/6 figures...even though the ones they produce would be top class IMHO...I would be more than surprised if the produce many (unfortunately).

:duff
Bill

If it is 'safe' to assume that Hot Toys makes a Hobbit announcement, I think we may see up to 3-4 figures...Bilbo, Thorin, and Gandalf. They are the 3 central characters to both movies, and perhaps a single bad guy.

If they reach even further and snag the LOTR license, again, we will likely see only 4-6 figures: Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, and perhaps Frodo...and perhaps ONE baddie.

This is all supposition and the like...look at some of the licenses that are 'very successful movie franchises'. Indiana Jones produced ONE character. Recent Batman produced 2 characters. Star Wars has produced only ONE character so far (but Star Wars is the exceptioon to every toy production rule). Pirates of the Caribbean has produced only 4 characters (or 5 if you count the cannibal jack).

In all seriousness, though...I would be the first in line to snag up ANYTHING Middle-earth related from Hot Toys. I have the DX Jack Sparrow, DX Indiana Jones, Ezio from Assassin's Creed, and Bruce Wayne from Batman Begins...they are all awe-inspiring.

Curious why you think it won't happen? Is it that LOTR isn't a big thing in Asia (so I hear)? You'd think come summer 2012 everyone will want a piece of the pie. I'm already lining up for the Burger King drink topper in the shape of Smaug :)

Back