Lopie's Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Lopie's "Out of the Star Wars Game"

:panic: :panic: :panic:

Does that mean no more Celebration?

I'm stupid not Crazy, LOL I'll still go to Celebration but I just cant keep collecting. And if I keep the collection that I have I know I will continue to collect figures.

Well, I thought this day would never come but I'm getting out of 1/6 Star Wars collecting. I'm selling everything off and I have and I'm moving on to new endeavors.

But before I go I just wanted to say thank you to all of my friend here at SS Freak forums. You guys have been so encouraging and thoughtful when writing post in my thread. I wanted to send a special thanks to Duane AKA Enaud, Chris AKA Chakaman and Snow aka Dorgmal Snow there are more but I'll be here all day naming names.

This is really sad news, I've always enjoyed your work. :monkey2

Good luck on whatever your moving forward with.

So where's the link to the fs thread? :lol

I'm stupid not Crazy, LOL I'll still go to Celebration but I just cant keep collecting. And if I keep the collection that I have I know I will continue to collect figures.

I've pretty much stopped collecting, too. It feels good. I do still enjoying hanging out here and will continue to go to future Celebrations.

Jason, I just wanted to thank you for all your help over the past few years. You are a good friend and will be missed here. I hope you pop in and say hey ever once and a while.

Cherers man. Good luck.

Chris

Lopie you will be missed, I for one was drawn into this hobby after many hours passed looking at your posts ( As well as Others) , its is a sad day indeed.

All the best and hope you enjoy your new endebours as much as I've enjoyed looking at your star wars projects

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Well Jason I gotta say i totally understand... there comes a point where you wonder if you are collecting because you love the figure or collecting for the sake of collecting.. and the money!! OWWW the money.. chuffin ada you will save LOADS by not collecting haha.. Right now the mushy stuff.... I joined freaks a while back and you were the first person I ever really spoke to.. I thought hell if all the other freaks are like you this is gonna be great!! I found your work so inspiring and I could not wait to see any pic updates.. after chatting to you I decided to have a go a playing with dollies to.. instead of just collecting them.. you have produce some outstanding customs.. I remember the sith speeder with the working lights!!! That totally blow me away.. i remember your mace windu to.. the emperors throne, the gonk i made you and as for your star killer... dam I was so enveous of that custom.. it was and still is brilliant... and dont even get me started on your clones!!!! But your not just a great customizer, NO NO sir, you are a top chap, and a pillar of the SSF community.. always calm cool and collected whilst other rant and rave... you truelly are the spirit of SSF and in my opinion it folks like you, Enaud and Chakaman that always kept driving on.... I can not thank you enough for everything you have done for me and all the other freaks I know you have helped out along the way... I hope that what ever you dive into next is as much fun as 1/6th... if there is ever anything I can do you help you out you just have to ask...

Damn a disturbance in the force... Don't sell just pack them up ,but always your choice on what to do ? So many good release's still to come you should keep everything and just take a break. Your customs and set up will be missed J .....Always the force will be with you...Keep it all and never sell my collection. It will leave me when i'm dust in the wind is my plan.....Hope you change your mind. You dont want to stop collecting and not sell with a jedi wave.......Always emotion is the future...

sad to hear that, good luck in your future endeavors

LOPIE losing u is a hard hit to the Sw Section! I dont chime in as much as I should but ive spent many hours looking threw your work even today after i seen your for sale thread i think i looked threw 80% of your thread.

Weve done a deal or two and talked a few time's i wish we could have done more :(

Good luck with everything! May the Dark side or the force be with u!!

I echo all the sentiments here Lopie. I've enjoyed all your projects and if you do indeed sell them, I hope you get values that are worthy of one-off art pieces. Best of luck man. I've gone through the great purge a couple times. Keep coming back though. Perhaps you will one day too.

I'm a newbie here, but I have been here long enough to know what a loss this is for this site.

I have received nothing but support and kind words from you. In short, and like others have said far better than me, you are the type of guy that makes this fun and meaningful.

Decisions are made many times for the best. I hope this decision works out for you, even though it's sad for me, as a newbie.

All the best. You will be missed. Thanks again, Lopie!!

Lopie, your collection is so authentic, so very realistic looking. Your paint apps are second to none, simply outstanding.....you are a MAJOR loss to this forum.

Reconsider.....reconsider. :)

I wish I was better off financially at the moment so I could temporarily buy your ANH figures and hold them for you until you wanted them back. I seriously, love, LOVE, your ANH figures.

The Cantina figures, brilliant, your custom paint and work on just about everything is outstanding.

I have got to buy some of your work just to honor it.

Dibs on the stormies! :lol But yeah miss ya dude!

I'm sorry to hear that and at the same time happy for you.
I'm sure you will be able to do great things outside of customs and figures.

Thank you for sharing your work through all those years. You will be greatly misses.

It's a bummer to hear the news Jason. I'm sure this wasn't an overnight decision for you & wish you nothing but the best in your new endeavors. You've been a great pal from the beginning, essential contributor, & an asset to this forum & customizing community. To say you'll be missed would be a MF'ing understatement.

Back