Lootcrate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SurlyJ

Super Freak
Reaction score
Has anyone subscribed to loot crate? I just found out about it today and it seems pretty cool. You pay like $20 (including shipping) a month and every month they send a themed box of collectibles. Random stuff, from shirts to POP! toys to little books or comics, all sorts of stuff.

Here's the link to the site https://www.lootcrate.com

Or if you want to be a bro use this link which gets me a few bucks off my next crate Loot Crate - Monthly Geek and Gamer Subscription Box :)

Not posting this for that reason though, I really am curious who else has tried this out. They have over a million likes on facebook but I've never heard of it. Seems like something most everyone on the boards would enjoy. It would be cool if Sideshow did something similar instead of randomly throwing junk in their packout orders.

I've heard mixed opions about it. Its not terribly expensive but it seems like mostly junk that won't sell well on its own. Occasionally there's something worthwhile but overall to me it doesn't seem that worth it.

Yeah I'm gonna give it a shot for a month for ****s and giggles. They have listings of what's been in past crates. Couple cool things, I think there is at least one thing I saw in each one listed that I would keep, but yeah, half of it would get looked at then thrown in the trash. I figure if you get a cool T-shirt and a pop figure, you win.

I am a subscriber and I have a blast opening them up with my son. It's a lot of fun but that just my opinion.

I got my first Loot Crate last month. They're pretty cool--mostly knick-knack pieces but a couple decent ones as well. The coolest piece in last month's crate was an Alien ReAction figure. I'm keeping my subscription for awhile and am getting my nephew a subscription for his birthday.

I got my first Loot Crate last month. They're pretty cool--mostly knick-knack pieces but a couple decent ones as well. The coolest piece in last month's crate was an Alien ReAction figure. I'm keeping my subscription for awhile and am getting my nephew a subscription for his birthday.

Whereas, I loved that Tribble. This month's was the first in a while where there was nothing that really appealed to me, but I will wear the shirt and my cousin will get the Walking Dead Comic for Christmas. My favorite items, so far, has been the exclusive Groot Pop and the Link word shirt. :D

I've been debating on trying it for a while.... I just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I may try the 3 month option.

Lootcrate reminds of the stuff they stock in check out aisles at the grocery store. A bunch of junk you wouldn't give a second look otherwise.

I liked the shirt they gave, as well as the pen. My favorite is the Walking Dead Super Emo friends print. I have a buddy who will love TWD exclusive comic.

I agree it's like the 99 cent store check out aisle. But the fun of it is that it's like getting several presents, the surprise and mystery I look are what is appealing. Also I hear that there is an exclusive MegaMan item in next months crate and some pop vinyl figures that have never been made before. I'll stick with it for a few more months. $20 is worth the amusement so long as there is 1 thing in there a month I like.

My fiancé saw it and said "this is because I don't buy you enough presents, isn't it?" And I was like :nod

I actually got a 3 month sub from a friend as a birthday gift last month. Loved opening up this first month and seeing the Walking Dead stuff in there and that shirt is pretty cool. Pretty sure once my sub is up I'll try to continue it for a while.

I wore the cat skull shirt to comikaze today and it certainly got a litany of comments. Looking forward to next month.

It sounds like December is going to be a good one to get. I think there's going to be a giant Funko figure--Staypuft Marshmallow Man, I hope. I got one of the Rogues and Rebels crates they offered up for Black Friday. I hope I'm one of the 5 that gets the Firefly figure in it :lol

Yeah hopefully December is cool. Didn't care for November outside of the megaman helmet. And even that, I got a grey one. No one wants grey lol.

I'm shocked how fast that rebels and rogue crate sold out too!

Yeah hopefully December is cool. Didn't care for November outside of the megaman helmet. And even that, I got a grey one. No one wants grey lol.

I'm shocked how fast that rebels and rogue crate sold out too!

I wasn't impressed with November's crate at all. I got a subscription for my 9-year old nephew and he loved it.

I got a blue one but wanted the grey!!

The rebels and rogue crate a lot faster than I thought it would. I was awake so I went ahead and got one. I figured if it was still there when I got up I'd see about ordering another one but it was gone a little bit later.

I wasn't impressed with November's crate at all. I got a subscription for my 9-year old nephew and he loved it.

I got a blue one but wanted the grey!!

The rebels and rogue crate a lot faster than I thought it would. I was awake so I went ahead and got one. I figured if it was still there when I got up I'd see about ordering another one but it was gone a little bit later.

Hah. Well if you want the grey I'd be all over a swap for the blue :)

December was pretty good IMO. MY wife LOVES Funko. The joker Bats Funko was legit. I loved the Batman comic as well. My wife got to keep the Groot socks lol. I at least got the comic. I actually frame all the Loot Crate Exclusive comics.

I've been getting crates since September. I really like all the goodies. November was my least favorite. I will say that I sell everything I don't like and make all of my money back each month.

I really like the groot socks and the batman joker vinyl figure. The comic is cool tho I'm not too big on variant covers. Good crate.

For as long as I've been doing it, it's worth my financial obligation. My top three things received are (since I started):
1) funko groot loot crate exlcusive
2) death by kitty t shirt
3) walking dead loot crate ex variant.

Back