Looks like Harrison to Me!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to sound mean or snobbish, but the pic that Gondor posted looks nothing like Harrison Ford from ANH. Infact, if I saw the pic of that face by itself somewhere else on the internet, I wouldn't even know it was Han Solo, let alone Harrison Ford! I'm not trying to exaggerate or be too picky either. I really don't see Harrison Ford's likeness, no matter how hard I try. The face in the pic just looks like some old guy with dark hair and bushy eyebrows.

When I see the PF Obi-Wan, I say OMG, it's Alec Guiness! If I see the PF Leia, I say WOW, it looks almost like Carrie Fisher! If I see any of the 1/6 figures shown so far, I recognize their respective characters immediately.

But this Han Solo...Sideshow, I love your company's work...but I just can't see the resemblance here... Not trying to bash. Just my honest opinion.

Are you basing that on just the pic posted by Gondor or all the PF Han's you've seen? Even though I'm not 100% pleased with the paint job on my Han, of all the sculpted Han/Harrison likenesses that have ever been, this is by far the best and seems to be easily identified as the actor and character by most people.

Justin Luck, unfortunately, you are comparing the pics of Solo being posted with the "prototype" pics of Kenobi and Leia, which is not fair. Solo's prototype pic is amazing and captures Ford's character exactly.

The sculpt being shipped certainly doesn't have anywhere near the paint job that the prototype has, though. While the sculpt itself is easily the best rendition of Solo yet, the Chinese factory painters simply don't have the mass-production skills to match the job done on the prototype, pure and simple.

Notice that all of the positive opinions being shared never say that their statue's face looks like the prototype but simply that it's not so bad. That's certainly not the same thing.

With that being said, I would like to pick up this piece someday.

Darklord Dave said:
of all the sculpted Han/Harrison likenesses that have ever been, this is by far the best and seems to be easily identified as the actor and character by most people.

Yup! Just about everyone I had over last night gushed over this piece and was amazed on how it perfectly captured Harrison's look. Kudos to SS for creating the ultimate Han Solo statue. This is a perfect example of why the SS 1/4 Premium Format statue's are by far the best on the market.

Looks like Harrison to me, too! I'm not sure how you could get any closer in that scale. I don't see much difference between the picture on the box and my paint job. Maybe I just got lucky. (13 of 250).

DonnamiraTook said:
Looks like Harrison to me, too! I'm not sure how you could get any closer in that scale. I don't see much difference between the picture on the box and my paint job. Maybe I just got lucky. (13 of 250).

Hmm. Lucky number 13?

I got the exclusive version. It's the spitting image of Han Solo IMO. Maybe I got a good paint job, but I think it's excellent! Thanks, Sideshow, can't speak for everyone else's Han, but mine is FANTASTIC and I love it!!!! Couldn't be happier!!! :joy

I just saw this one in person and I was very impressed. The paint was not at all orange like some pics were showing and the overall impression I got was very good. I did/do have two complaints 1) the shirt is very different from the product picture, 2) the head is a tad large for the body, particularly the legs (which is something I also think is true of the Luke figure). I would however recommend this one, and as soon as the eBay prices hit those of Luke I am jumping on it! :banana

Well, from the front, he looks very good.

However, from his profile shots, it's really off....I know I would have never approved it.

rp.jpg

Yeah, but who is gonna have him in profile? Overall it looks pretty damn close to HF. Since people are going to see him from straight on with the pose this piece has that would be more of a concern for me.

jlcmsu said:
Yeah, but who is gonna have him in profile? Overall it looks pretty damn close to HF. Since people are going to see him from straight on with the pose this piece has that would be more of a concern for me.

I agree Josh and that's why I am keeping him. :)

But, I was just pointing out that the profile is not accurate.

Is anyone's belt getting loose? I noticed on my Han figure that his holster is really sticking out forward now since his hand is applying pressure on the belt in two places. If this is a design flaw in the material and having to "tuck" his hands in the belt, I'm really thinking about returning him. :sick

Gruson said:

Got ya. Yeah, it's off in the nose it looks like to me.

Darth Waller said:
Is anyone's belt getting loose? I noticed on my Han figure that his holster is really sticking out forward now since his hand is applying pressure on the belt in two places. If this is a design flaw in the material and having to "tuck" his hands in the belt, I'm really thinking about returning him. :sick

Just checked mine. The belt is still tight. The thumb tucked into the belt is in no way enough pressure to stretch it out. Did it come apart somewhere on the back or side? :)

No, it's still attached in back. It just seems like the material on the right-hand side of the belt seems looser than it was yesterday. Today when I was moving him, the belt came unbuckled. I don't remember it being that loose when I got him because I had a hard time getting his hand tucked behind the belt.

Hmm, yeah, I remember having a hard time getting the thumb behind the belt too. Since the belt came unbuckled, do you think it may be that it isn't buckled back all the way?

Also, can you post a pic of the belt on yours? I just went and took a second look at mine, and the belt is still as tight as the day I got him.

I had to play with the positioning of the arms a lot to make sure the hands weren't applying any pressure. It is possible and it will look better if his gun hand isn't pushing the holster forward and the hand in the belt is more relaxed looking.

I'll play with the arms and belt a little more. I really wish these arms had some wire in them so you could bend them into position. The floating hands look bad on Luke. If it weren't for Han's belt, his hands would be catching air as well.

There is wire in the arms, they do hold their pose. As I said, you just have to adjust them just right.

Gruson said:

Shouldn't a PF resemble Harrison Ford from all angles? Otherwise, what's the point of the Premium Format? For a PF, I want to be able to say "Wow, that's a miniature Han Solo / Harrison Ford!" I am not a sculptor, so I am very ignorant when it comes to this. I am quickly learning that it must be extremely difficult to capture the likeness of someone's face. But I don't see why there are such huge differences between the PF's profile and that pic you posted. If the artist had access to pics from various angles, wouldn't it be possible to get closer to the actual facial proportions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back