Looking back on '06 with Sideshow...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pixletwin said:
Man I think someone is kidding themself and it aint us.

Windu7.jpg
What, exactly, is going on in this photo? :monkey4

Batty said:
What, exactly, is going on in this photo? :monkey4

Mace is training his brother for the Intergalactic Special Olympics "Lightsaber Fencing" competition.

pixletwin said:
Mace is training his brother for the Intergalactic Special Olympics "Lightsaber Fencing" competition.
Hey! That's not funny!

Actually, it is. :rotfl

Well, all I asked from SSC is consistency in the line and we haven't had it, paint apps especially, the sculpts are mostly excellent, yes even Han with a slight eyebrow tweak tells the story (see Darkartist's repaint below) but except for Maul there haven't been any in the 10 range... Kit was close but has poseability problems and Obi's hair/beard color became an issue.

Hopefully Maul will set the standard for the rest of the line to come...

146767413O964768780.jpg

Last edited:
The line has been pretty consistant as far as the overall goodness of the figures. They IMO are all worth the money and sure they have issues but they are ones that can be dealt with. Nothing is perfect and nothing ever will be. It's good to ask for things to be fixed and people should but overall I think the line has been consistantly good.

The line has been consistently "above average" with these figures.

There are some that I found fantastic (Obi-Wan and Darth Maul).

There are some that I found very good (Jedi Luke and Kit Fisto)

There are some that I found okay (Anakin and Mace Windu).

The only one that I'm "meh" about is Qui-Gon. The paint ops on mine are rather pale and that hair sculpt is just plain ugly.

But that's just my opinion, folks.

I'm happy with the figures that I have ordered and received. Happy enough to keep them and not return them. I did pre-order and then cancel the whole Jabba and the gang, as well as pass on the Endor Triplets and the blind chick. Plo Koon is on pre-order, though.

These figures are top notch, no doubt. And are at least 3 times better than the Hasbro figures, no doubt. But for 3 times the price, there should be no doubt that they should be, either... ;)

Um...who's that guy on the left? :rotfl Fun pic there Dave...

Seriously though...one's a massed-produced toy, one's not....
When you line 'em together like that, the difference is blinding...but I will confess...there are still a few Hasbro figures I like alot...

LOTRFan said:
Where do you place Han? :confused:

Doh! I totally forgot about Han.

That should be indicative of where he falls in the ratings...:monkey3

But seriously, He's in the "meh" column and that's only because I'm a big fan of the Corellian and had perhaps too high of an expectation. He's got a lot of strikes on him but I still like the scoundrel... ;)

Back