Looking a shelf that will fit my hot toys predators

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

questionman

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am not new to collecting one sixth scale but I am new to this forum. I just have a question regarding a shelf that can fit my one sixth scale hot toys predators. I live in an apartment and looking for a shelf that will fit in a small space and will fit my hot toys predators. I own a hot toys celtic predator and the base takes up space. I own 6 hot toys predators. I am limited for space. So I need a shelf that can fit 15 inch figures or hot toys predators. The width can't be more than 23.6 inches. Thank-you for your help!

I was looking a this bookshelf on amazon. Will it fit my predators?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005PNZ4SU/ref=pe_825000_114212990_pe_635370_ 88603980_n_id

The width is 23.6 inches across which is the width that can fit into my small space. The shelves are 14.25 inches is that big enough for a hot toys predator?

IKEA Billy with Morebo doors. Done.

But this post is absolutely in the wrong forum. Please read the very obvious and prominent NOTE at the top of the forum to find out what should be posted here.

My bad I am sorry that I posted in the wrong section. That shelf is too big for my space. I need something with a smaller width but would still be able to hold my predators.

I have a contact that does custom displays. I don't know what they would charge or what your budget is but this is their website: https://www.displaycasej.com/index.html . Tell 'em Astounding sent you. Good luck.

And if you ever need a repair or repaint, look me up. It's what I do.

Billy is available in multiple widths, including a 16" model, which along with completely adjustable shelves, is why I suggested it. Olsbo and Morebo doors will work. My local IKEA site won't find the doors when searched for by name, but they're available.

All the shelves are removable except possibly the middle one, and can be adjusted in height as well. Is the base of your figure bigger than 15x11? I wouldn't think so. So yeah, it should fit.

If you just want open shelves, then you can get simple shelf brackets at Home Depot (or similar) and then some laminated particle board in the color of your choice - there should be at least a couple of colors available at HD already cut to shelf depth.

how about this (DETOLF)

Along with the Besta, arguably the most popular commercial cabinet for collectors. There's approximately 15" between shelves, so you might have to re-position them with U-bolts instead of using the rails where they normally sit.

Last edited:
I have my Predators in a Detolf (but I only have two: Classic Predator and City Hunter) and they fit just fine - not sure how big some of them are like the height of the Samurai Pred, etc.

A word of caution with the Besta - the clear doors were discontinued and now I think they only offer frosted glass or something to that effect. I was going to get several for my PFs, but won't now due to the lack of good doors. Good luck finding something that works for you!

The new Glassvik doors for Besta are available in clear, but they have 2" borders all around - borders available in white or black.

questionman is really living up to his name. ;)

IKEA. All system cabinets are sold as frames-only and doors must always be bought separately when visiting the store. Online is the only place you can buy packages, but you should also be able to locate the individual pieces.

Looks like black is the only frame color listed on the site for clear glass: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10278035/

Last edited:
Detolf is a stand-alone piece, not a system nor modular line (like Besta, Pax, Billy, Akurum, etc.) Stand-alone products come complete as they generally don't make sense any other way.

That is why I am purchasing a Detolf, it comes with everything I need. It seems to have enough room to fit my predators in.

Back