Long time depressed lurker, saying Hi!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Degeneration-X

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi my name is Dan and im based in the UK. Ive been ashamedly lurking here since the Two Towers was released back in 2002. Dont worry though ive never used this site for my own gains.

Ive never really had the guts to join (dont ask me why) but ive had the worst collecting experience of my life so far (ill explain that in a second) so I figured since none of my mates understand what a bummer it is when statues break, that i would turn to a community that i read daily and could interact with about my collecting habits + share my misery :joy

A little history - Ive only ever collected Sideshow stuff. It started way back when i got my first statue (Theoden) off ebay and my collection has grown since then. I probably own about 20 or so items, mainly LOTR and Star Wars.

Back to my bad experience - ive just purchased 2 cool looking glass cabinets, with which to finally set up my collection. I was putting them together when i saw a piece of plastic on my floor (i actually though it was a moth). On closer examination, i actually realised it wasnt a moth but rather one of the fingers off my Predator Ex Maquette. My dad clipped it when he was visiting. For the last 12 hours ive been really upset.
If you think that couldnt be topped, on moving all my statues upstairs, I picked up Vader (PF) and his lightsaber snapped cleanly off from the base. Needless to say im pretty much devastated. Of all the figures i have, it would be my 2 favorites that broke and not that damn grima wormtongue polytstone figure :mad:

Anyways enough of the misery - I look forward to posting here regularly

take care

Dan

Hi my name is Dan and im based in the UK. Ive been ashamedly lurking here since the Two Towers was released back in 2002. Dont worry though ive never used this site for my own gains.

Ive never really had the guts to join (dont ask me why) but ive had the worst collecting experience of my life so far (ill explain that in a second) so I figured since none of my mates understand what a bummer it is when statues break, that i would turn to a community that i read daily and could interact with about my collecting habits + share my misery :joy

A little history - Ive only ever collected Sideshow stuff. It started way back when i got my first statue (Theoden) off ebay and my collection has grown since then. I probably own about 20 or so items, mainly LOTR and Star Wars.

Back to my bad experience - ive just purchased 2 cool looking glass cabinets, with which to finally set up my collection. I was putting them together when i saw a piece of plastic on my floor (i actually though it was a moth). On closer examination, i actually realised it wasnt a moth but rather one of the fingers off my Predator Ex Maquette. My dad clipped it when he was visiting. For the last 12 hours ive been really upset.
If you think that couldnt be topped, on moving all my statues upstairs, I picked up Vader (PF) and his lightsaber snapped cleanly off from the base. Needless to say im pretty much devastated. Of all the figures i have, it would be my 2 favorites that broke and not that damn grima wormtongue polytstone figure :mad:

Anyways enough of the misery - I look forward to posting here regularly

take care

Dan
Welcom Man!!! That sucks, what happened to your Pred Man, I guess now you can sell it to me Main!!!:lol:monkey5:rotfl

Howdo Danny boy
Another Englishman to our ranks...excellent!
Post some pics pal...
Nash

Hello and Welcome Dan, another British freak is always welcome.

....and just ignore Malice, most of us do :lol :monkey3
Take care
Shell
x :D

Thanks for the warm welcome guys

My Predator Maquette was on top my DVD cabinet. I think my dad must have been going into the loft behind the chair. There are 2 ways round and he decided, in his infinite wisdom to go via the gap between the chair and the statue.

He told me yesterday that a few weeks ago he heard something snap when it happened but when he looked at the figures they were all there (my poor dad and his counting ability :google)

I only realised yesterday that it was broken - it probably can be fixed back with super glue but im worried about how well it will hold and how clean it will look.

Not that I ever sell my statues, but I do like knowing that they have some value and obviously its now plummeted :(. Just to top things off it took me almost 7 months to get the statue sorted out from sideshow when i initally go it. Just to depress me even more, its the lowest statue number I have (7/30) :(

Oh well, you win some and you lose some

PS Ill post some pics when i find out how to do so in a few days - if anyone has a direct link telling me how to do so id greatly appreciate it

Welcome, good of you to come out of the closet...too bad it had to be with a post like this.

I remember my first break, I was pi$$ed. Took awhile to get over it. I feel your pain...

Howdy & Welcome DX!

Sorry to hear about your Pred and Vader. I hear where you're coming from. I had a PF Obi-Wan Kenobi that had the saber broken off along with a couple of fingers.

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Needless to say I was p**** off for a few...then my Boba Fett PF EX came and all was right with the world! :D

Back