Lobo Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]

I like Lobo better than Apoc anyways :) I know less of him but he does look cooler kind of and a bigger presence. But then again I never seen Apoc in person. But then again I know I like this one better for sure. Also GH will be before Apoc! As long as I don't miss Lobo I'm good. GH I'm in no rush yet.

Starting to get worried about the shelf I want to display him on : it's going to be the "big statue" shelf, with about 80cm vertical height, so that I can put Apocalypse, Gladiator Hulk and Lobo on it... Is that too much weight ?

Starting to get worried about the shelf I want to display him on : it's going to be the "big statue" shelf, with about 80cm vertical height, so that I can put Apocalypse, Gladiator Hulk and Lobo on it... Is that too much weight ?
Oh yeah. I personally have Apocalypse and he (actually his base) is frickin heavy. So judging by his weight your shelf better be able to handle approx 40-50 kgs of weight with all three combined.

This guy is too big for my besta. With sideshow releasing so many tall statutes as of late I'm not really sure how to display them. Buy now, worry where it goes later :3

Given the number of people that use Besta's (and other Ikea stuff) for their statues, I fear for those of you who (like me) live on the West coast of North America.

Insurance claims will go through the roof following the next sizeable quake! :horror (no way I'm ever using something made of glass to hold the displayed parts of my collection).

Given the number of people that use Besta's (and other Ikea stuff) for their statues, I fear for those of you who (like me) live on the West coast of North America.

Insurance claims will go through the roof following the next sizeable quake! :horror (no way I'm ever using something made of glass to hold the displayed parts of my collection).

You thinking of the glass Detolf my friend?

Probably (I get easily confused) - do you use them too?! - if so, at least the UK isn't on quite the same level of "earthquake wariness" as over here so you'll hopefully be spared.

The only one I ever experienced while I lived there was because I was on the 17th floor of an office tower in Birmingham (about 1988 I think) that was built pre-earthquake regs. Sure as heck noticed that bugger as the skyline started jiggling around like the focus in a snow-globe! I've worked ground-floor since then :lol

No, I mean Besta don't have any glass unless you add doors. Detolf are all glass.

I have one Detolf but Besta are much better for statues.
One little rumble in the last ten years.

The glass from IKEA doesn't break off in shards if it were to break during an earthquake. Or at least that's what they say, ha.

Anyways I have a Besta for my PFs and it's split into 6 even cubes. When the PFs are less than 25", they fit perfectly. However we keep getting PFs taller than that height, which requires me to adjust the shelves. Then the doors don't line up (tombo).

I said to just leave him out in the open, but my twin doesn't like that idea :dunno

No, I mean Besta don't have any glass unless you add doors. Detolf are all glass.

I have one Detolf but Besta are much better for statues.
One little rumble in the last ten years.

I have both. I find the Detolfs are great for my Bowen and Koto pieces. I've had my BD and Koto pieces in them for about 6 or 7 years now and have had no issues with them. The Bestas are for my SSC pieces. Since SSC pieces are larger and heavier, the Bestas work great for me. I do LOVE the viewing angles on the Detolf. The glass shelves and outer walls let you see so much more. However, the sturdiness of the Besta allows me to sleep easy at night holding all of my SSC pieces. Massive pieces like the Bats and Apocalypse PFs would scare the shyte out of me if they were in a Detolf. :lol

The glass from IKEA doesn't break off in shards if it were to break during an earthquake. Or at least that's what they say, ha.

Anyways I have a Besta for my PFs and it's split into 6 even cubes. When the PFs are less than 25", they fit perfectly. However we keep getting PFs taller than that height, which requires me to adjust the shelves. Then the doors don't line up (tombo).

I said to just leave him out in the open, but my twin doesn't like that idea :dunno

I don't have any doors on my Bestas. I have to dust a little but I like the openness of them in my display.

It's not "glass shards" I worry about for those of you with Detolf's (thanks Col :hi5: ) - it's the shelves collapsing and statues being wrecked.

I only have about 5% of my collection on display, but even that is on a combination of boxes/MDF for stability.

I know what I'm doing when I finally find time to set up the office how I want it - and it sure as heck ain't going to be ANY sort of Ikea! :)

It would be heartbreaking to come out of a reasonable sized quake with Family / friends / building intact, only to find a pile of rubble where my collection used to be.

BTW - sorry for the tangent on the thread - it was prompted when I realised the size/weight challenge this fella will present.

No harm in discussing display options :)

Besta are a cheap, easily obtained, solution for lots of collectors.
They are also very sturdy.

With items as big as Lobo having Bestas at different heights works well.
2x two cubes high with a 3 cube high to one side or both sides leaves the option to put larger items ontop of the lower Bestas.
My Alien LSBs are going ontop of mine because of the depth.

I'm displaying my larger pieces in a Pax. Any idea how much weight a Pax shelf can hold? I read 121 lbs somewhere but that seems pretty high. I don't think I would trust the plastic shelf clips to withstand that much weight.

I'm displaying my larger pieces in a Pax. Any idea how much weight a Pax shelf can hold? I read 121 lbs somewhere but that seems pretty high. I don't think I would trust the plastic shelf clips to withstand that much weight.

No, I think it's only 44 lbs.

There are ways to reinforce the shelves to carry more though.

And posting AGAIN from Py (post #445) in case anyone else missed it - because THIS combo fraggin' rules !!!!!!

. . . and you might want to read (or re-read) this too :rock https://www.sideshowtoy.com/10-facts-that-make-lobo-the-baddest-bastich-the-galaxy-has-ever-seen/

3002481-product-silo_zps59964ab5.png

3002481-lobo-002.jpg

3002481-lobo-001.jpg

Back