Lobo Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the post was for those who are late to the game and are regretting not getting it because they thought they had more time.

Perfect example: me. Glad Hulk is still available, and King just sold out. I figured the Lobo regs would last a while longer. Great as this piece is, it's still Lobo. Really bad move on my part.

I want to hit up BBTS, but I have about 4 other [older] things that all popped onto my radar for great prices. I'm pretty torn. This piece is so boss, and Lobo is so awesome, and I have a freaking new head stand I printed and painted. Ugh. What do you all think? Lobo -vs- about 3 other opportunities that may pass?

Perfect example: me. Glad Hulk is still available, and King just sold out. I figured the Lobo regs would last a while longer. Great as this piece is, it's still Lobo. Really bad move on my part.

I want to hit up BBTS, but I have about 4 other [older] things that all popped onto my radar for great prices. I'm pretty torn. This piece is so boss, and Lobo is so awesome, and I have a freaking new head stand I printed and painted. Ugh. What do you all think? Lobo -vs- about 3 other opportunities that may pass?

Two observations:

1) You are asking this on the LOBO thread so you can probably guess the advice you'll get :bouncin

2) I'm thinking you don't want to be adding another "bought late for higher prices" photo to your sig pic :)

1) You are asking this on the LOBO thread so you can probably guess the advice you'll get :bouncin.

:exactly: I kinda want everyone to nudge me. :lol

I'm thinking you don't want to be adding another "bought late for higher prices" photo to your sig pic :).

That's somewhat the situation I am in. Most of the other items I am able to get now are for dang near their original price; two of them for slightly less. But Lobo...something tells me he won't be cheap when he's hard to find.

BUY ...BUY...BUY!

He's the Dawgs b*****k's :lecture

20150730_183039.jpg

I think I am glad I passed on this. Not that it is not a superb statue, it most certainly is. I just have no love for Lobo. He doesn't even enter my mind when I think about the DC universe. I was going to grab this today, but I am thinking that I would lose interest on this one down the road. Anyone else have similar thoughts?

I think I am glad I passed on this. Not that it is not a superb statue, it most certainly is. I just have no love for Lobo. He doesn't even enter my mind when I think about the DC universe. I was going to grab this today, but I am thinking that I would lose interest on this one down the road. Anyone else have similar thoughts?

You clearly didn't have big hair and rock the eighties :lecture

Seriously though, Lobo was, literally, the man. No tucking trousers into underpants nonsense or swinging from rooftops in tights. Jeans, casual wear, good old fashioned brawler who could take on the best of them (didn't he once fight the entire justice league? Or was that Despero?) And then there's Dawg...

Great statue and a picture perfect representation. Still, I respect those who aren't interested in this one

I like Lobo and the statue turned out fantastic so I'm glad I got one, but it's a lot of money to put down for a character you don't care about.

I really like Lobo. I have all his one-shots and mini-series. I even collected L.E.G.I.O.N. because Lobo was in it. That all said, I fully intended to pass on the piece because he really didn't fit into my DC theme (Big 7 and Bat-verse pieces). He wasn't on my list of DC characters I needed for my collection. However, I kept coming back to this thread for 2 reasons. I like Lobo and this sculpt ROCKS. Ultimately, that's what caused me to crumble and PO it. I cleared out a spot specifically for him. He isn't around any other pieces. Now that I have him in hand, I'm very glad I decided to PO him. He's truly a special PF. One of SSC's very best and I'm thrilled to have him. No regrets at all in picking this one up.

Back