Little Big Planet...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the new date is October 27th.

Media Molecule had a patch to fix the "problem" but Sony forced a recall.

This has got to be the funniest, yet most disappointing delay in video game history. I'm going to head over to Gamestop this week and see if they'll let me break the street date.

The wife told me Gamestop called and said my game was delayed a week. I told her that I knew she was messing with me because the stores have had the game for a while now.

Then I saw this thread... :sick

This ranks pretty high up there in the ^^^^ing bull^^^^ department. What phrase could be so bad that they would recall all those discs?!?

Kotaku (er, Nsider) is on top of it, as always:

Kotaku said:
The words are:

1- In the 18th second: "كل نفس ذائقة الموت" ("kollo nafsin tha'iqatol mawt", literally: 'Every soul shall have the taste of death').

2- Almost immediately after, in the 27th second: "كل من عليها فان" ("kollo man alaiha fan", literally: 'All that is on earth will perish').

Thanks to NSider for providing the link and translation.

Line one is just a simple statement of fact. The second statement might be a little harsh, but it's not in context and I've heard worse.

I'm really struggling to see the controversy here. :confused:

btw, here's a clip of the song in question: https://mt14.quickshareit.com/share/preview/soundclip22503c0.wav

Well at work the game is still set to be released on the 21st. Im sure they will send out an email soon letting the store know about the delay though.

Wait what? lol, the game is due out on October 27th now? I saw like 40 copies in the back at TRU today.

Just went to work to pick up some games for the buy 2 get 1 free sale (Dead Space, Brothers In Arms: HH, and Saints Row 2) and checked real quick for any email about the delay. Didnt come up with anything yet, but it may be because its the weekend and they might not send it till monday. Hope there is no delay so I can exchange Brothers In Arms for the game as well as Saints Row for Fable 2. :)

Just went to work to pick up some games for the buy 2 get 1 free sale (Dead Space, Brothers In Arms: HH, and Saints Row 2) and checked real quick for any email about the delay. Didnt come up with anything yet, but it may be because its the weekend and they might not send it till monday. Hope there is no delay so I can exchange Brothers In Arms for the game as well as Saints Row for Fable 2. :)

Yeah at TRU we decided that if the system lets the game ring up on Tuesday, then we are selling it.

I was told this was getting delayed because some Muslims were mad about a song and some versus in the Qu'ran in the song. That's what Yahoo! said anyways. They had an article on it on Sunday.

By the way, when is the B2,G1F over?? Or is it already over?? I need to go pick up Dead Space and a couple other games tomorrow night!

I was told this was getting delayed because some Muslims were mad about a song and some versus in the Qu'ran in the song. That's what Yahoo! said anyways. They had an article on it on Sunday.

By the way, when is the B2,G1F over?? Or is it already over?? I need to go pick up Dead Space and a couple other games tomorrow night!

the buy 2 get1 free sale at TRU ended last week.

Well, I got my 'offensive' copy today from the US... So much crap over nothing... Glad mine was sent before the recall, would hate to have to wait to get my hands on this!

Sackboy HERE I COME! :chew:chew:chew

My TRU got an email thing, I think, yesterday saying that the game was unsellable until the 29th. I wanted to get it today to take care of both exchanges but ah well, I wont be able to play them until 11/6 anyways.

Can't get online at the moment, servers are constantly down (the LBP ones that is...). Damn, I wanted to check out the fanmade Beta stuff...

Forgive me fellas, but I still really don't know what this game is about. Can anybody elaborate?

Gaming sites are blocked here at work, so if you could just give me the gist of stuff, that'd be cool.

Back