List of Nominees for the 84th Academy Awards

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love what Conan said, something along the lines of: The Artist and The Tree of Life nominated for Best Picture you have only heard of but will never see.

I'm glad to see Tree of Life get best picture and director nominations, but very surprised Douglas Trumbull didn't get one for effects. Or any of the actors either.

I have a feeling The Artist is going to take a lot of the awards.

concur on both accounts.... :monkey1

X-Men First Class should've got a nod for visual effects and make-up

Serkis should've got a best actor nod for Apes

That man needs to be recognized for his talents, even if it's a special oscar of some kind.

Oh....and only TWO nominated songs? Come on......there's tons of music out there in the movies and these are the only two they could come up with?

Will be passing on this crap this year. Don't care about any of it.

I have seen none of the films nominated... and at this point I'm okay with that :huh

Pretty much.

Rooney Mara should get one Dragon Tattoo, but the rest?

Meh.

The Iron Lady? The Descendants? The Tree of Life? Sure they have actors that can act but who gives a flip about the flicks? Albert Nobbs just looks creepy. . .

Pretty much.

Rooney Mara should get one Dragon Tattoo, but the rest?

Meh.

The Iron Lady? The Descendants? The Tree of Life? Sure they have actors that can act but who gives a flip about the flicks? Albert Nobbs just looks creepy. . .

So if they're not big budget blockbusters they're probably not good?

Only nominee I'm rooting for is Trent Reznor in Best Original Score. He didn't take home the Golden Globe, but gosh darn it, the man deserves another Oscar. And, you know... he's Trent Reznor. So there. Not like Hans Zimmer's a nominee this year (though I'm still totally psyched Trent scored the award in '11).

So if they're not big budget blockbusters they're probably not good?

Not at all. I watch no budget "grindhosue" flicks all the time. Just needs to be something that interests me. Does Iron Lady interest anyone? Shame was well done but I found the movie itself to be bland.

WM1Al.gif

ckfS4.gif

Not at all. I watch no budget "grindhosue" flicks all the time. Just needs to be something that interests me. Does Iron Lady interest anyone? Shame was well done but I found the movie itself to be bland.

It's obviously whatever your preferences are.

Movies like Iron Lady and War Horse are Oscar bait even with their mediocre reviews. But something like The Tree of Life (which I've admitted to being my favorite movie of last year) had a limited release with overall positive reviews. I'm glad it's getting some recognition, and maybe a few more people will actually check it out...even though it won't win anything.

In the end awards really don't matter unless you're in the business.

Only nominee I'm rooting for is Trent Reznor in Best Original Score. He didn't take home the Golden Globe, but gosh darn it, the man deserves another Oscar. And, you know... he's Trent Reznor. So there. Not like Hans Zimmer's a nominee this year (though I'm still totally psyched Trent scored the award in '11).

I'm confused - since he was snubbed this year.

Only category I am interested in is Best Actor. The rest are all kinda meh to me....don't really care who wins.

More than anything, I want to see Tree Of Life win for cinematography. You can pop in that Blu-ray and just stare at the screen in awe. Every single frame is like a work of art.

Has there been a year where Meryl Streep and George Clooney haven't been nominated? Move over please, let's see some more recognition of talent in Hollywood.

Back