List of Nominees for the 84th Academy Awards

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have been for about 30 years. :lol
I think they made the right calls in the year when No Country won best picture and Day Lewis won best actor. But apart from that. . .yeah, crap shoot, mostly filled with people winning because it is "their time." The "Lifetime Achievement Award" seems redundant when you essentially hand one over to guys like Scorsese for Best Director after years of snubbing him when he really deserved it (because, I guess, they were giving lifetime achievement awards to others those years).

And I'm guessing this has gone on for over 30 years considering that Woody Allen couldn't be bothered to cancel his Dixieland Jazz concert to attend to pick up the Best Director prize for Annie Hall :lol

I thought Drive would of had more nominations...I thought that entire movie was fantastic...Gosling's performance was superb :dunno

I agree that Oldman is the better actor than them both, but being his first nomination, the academy usually doesn't work in treating snubs like that. They usually give it to an actor who "should" have won for a nominated role before as a make up. Both Pitt and Clooney hit that mark and I could see them getting it without much issue.

You are probably right - but I am still holding out hope for Oldman.

I will never give up hope! :lol

I'm kind of surprised Kirsten Dunst didn't get nominated for her role in Melancholia. Haven't seen the movie - but she got so much buzz at Cannes that many people thought she would be a shoe in.

I'll say this Jennifer Lawrence looked fantastic at the nominations event.

jennifer_lawrence_a.jpg

I was shocked about Jonah Hill and Melissa McCarthy's nominations. I've heard that Hill was good in Moneyball but something about it being Jonah Hill made me look twice.

Shocking stuff. JH gets nominated and Michael Fassbender doesn't. I know it's for a different category, hell his performance in Xmen could have been nominated in this category. Also shocking he was not nominated for Shame.

Shocking stuff. JH gets nominated and Michael Fassbender doesn't. I know it's for a different category, hell his performance in Xmen could have been nominated in this category. Also shocking he was not nominated for Shame.

Wow, completely forgot about Shame. What a great film.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If Transformers, or Apes does not win...then I'mma blow ____ up.

However, what made Apes good was more the proformence then the effects.

Transformers totally beat the ____ out of any effects movie this year. Aside from Apes. Amazing looking stuff.

I'm glad to see Tree of Life get best picture and director nominations, but very surprised Douglas Trumbull didn't get one for effects. Or any of the actors either.

I have a feeling The Artist is going to take a lot of the awards.

Warrior was robbed!

One of the most underseen films of the year IMO. I'm definitely glad to see Nolte getting a Supporting Actor Nom for his role, though.

Well if it's make ups for previous snubs - then Oldman should DEFINITELY win! :lol He's been snubbed more than either of them combined.

:goodpost::exactly::goodpost:

The man disappears into every role; be it The Professional, or Batman, or HP, or even Sid and Nancy, the guys got a better range than most actors today. I hope he does win, it's definitely been a long time coming.

If Transformers, or Apes does not win...then I'mma blow ____ up.

However, what made Apes good was more the proformence then the effects.

Transformers totally beat the ____ out of any effects movie this year. Aside from Apes. Amazing looking stuff.

Visual Effects is the only category i'm looking forward to honestly.

I'd love if HP or Hugo or Transformers or Apes won

And i've really been wanting to see Reel Steel so.. yeah. :lol

Back