Lifesized PredAlien bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally have a problem with the design of the Predalien itself. Waay too much Alien, not enough Predator.

Seriously? I am totally the opposite about this thing. I wanted it to look way more like an Alien and less like a Pred. ADI took the biomechanical thing out of Aliens and made them less bug, more beast, so now they look far less 'alien'. This thing's body color is even Pred and it has dreads. Why does it have dreads? No Alien ever had hair on its dome after birthing from a human or all over its body after coming out of the dog. Pred Dreads are just like giant hairs, aren't they? the PredAilen dreads remind me too much of Species.

There was no way I was going to be totally pleased with any design that included dreads. Love the mandibles though. Wish it had looked like an Aliens Warrior with mandibles. This thing is too much like a little Queen

Don't forget it's a female, so I think it's natural the Predalien has some familiar looks of the Queen Alien.

This reminds me, back in 1999 ever since I played Rebellion's AVP1 game, I was always fascinated by the Praetorians (Queen Alien's guardians), such a cool design - a combination of a dog alien and a queen alien, they were creepy and the sounds they made...haunts me to this day. Man I wish they'd make them in the movies.

There is no King Alien in hive's life cycle. That would contradict what the alien is all about, and the Queen doesn't need to mate.

Don't forget it's a female, so I think it's natural the Predalien has some familiar looks of the Queen Alien.

This reminds me, back in 1999 ever since I played Rebellion's AVP1 game, I was always fascinated by the Praetorians (Queen Alien's guardians), such a cool design - a combination of a dog alien and a queen alien, they were creepy and the sounds they made...haunts me to this day. Man I wish they'd make them in the movies.

That would rock mega balls...:monkey1:monkey1:monkey1

the thing that i notice the most about the predalien, and hopefully this will impact the price. when comparing it with the alien warrior priced at 1k, the alien had a lot of body and shoulders sculpted with that piece, but the predalien is mostly just head with a litttle neck, so even though it is a big head, it doesnt have as much sculpt to it as the alien warrior, so heres to hoping to nothin larger than 1k for the predalien :wacky

I have a bad feeling I'm not going to be able to preorder anything else from sideshow for a while after we see the price of this...

Considering that the Wolf bust set us back $900, I dont think this one will be $800...

In fact, I dont want to think about the price at all... :google

Most likely this will cost $1100 or more given the economy,size and detail of the bust.

Most likely this will cost $1100 or more given the economy,size and detail of the bust.

I agree... I'm thinking Sideshow will try and pull a price point of $1,299.00. Just a guess, but I think we can all be certain that in no way will this one be below the 1k mark!

I think it will be around $1000. The same as the warrior. But $1299 won't be a shock either.

Back