Lifesized PredAlien bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know I was testing the April Fools theory and checked to see if this head were just transposed from the 1/4 maquette, but it definitely isn't because the dreads aren't laying as flat, and the maquette has the longer head we were thinking was what was wrong with this head. Check it out.

7211_press11-001.jpg

Predailenbust3.jpg

You know, side by side like that, the 1/1 image kinda looks squished like they were trying to make it look different, but doesn't feel like a natural picture.

On a side note, I knew the Predalien was colored to look more organic than a typical Alien, but I didn't realize it's basically the same coloring as the AVP Preds.

SidebySide--ArmsLegs.jpg

I think it looks good :D

Let me say this, I am not so sure that we should all start worrying about the shape of the head. Also, I noticed that one person says that the head looks odd and now others are too, you know why? Because it was suggested, maybe one person thinks that but since others have read that post, they are now tryin to make it look like it has that problem when it doesn't. And I am still not convinced that this is inaccurate to the actual prop. I thought I heard that the head was made shorter that it appeared and that the angles it was filmed at made it look different, I know things like that have ben done before, they did that with the legs for the Predalien too, made them smaller and unproportioned to the body.

Really FACE? Really? If so then I am gonna cry myself to bed tonight, and Thrifty, I don't want a free pic, I want the entire bust. But I will accept the pic....

I'm not sure, but it feels kinda suspect to me.
It's probably real, but ya never know......

Well that f'n sucks! They shrink the head length down so it won't cost so much to produce..lame!

Actually i dun think that they shrunk the head. If you look into the making of AVP-R you'll realise the predalien was much smaller than what it looks on screen.

Following that line of reasoning, its quite likely the actual prop used (which is where i assume they got the molds for this sucker from) is smaller than the maquette.

I would get this for sure (still thinking of how to get it past the wife though). Its an awesome piece. :chew

just knock her out with the box when it arrives and tell her it's always been there when she comes to...:monkey3

As the arbiter always says, "If it were only so simple." :lol

No worries, I'll be willing to liquidate half my 1/6 collection for that beastie.

I personally have a problem with the design of the Predalien itself. Waay too much Alien, not enough Predator.

I personally have a problem with the design of the Predalien itself. Waay too much Alien, not enough Predator.

it supposed to be like that.
Something like 90% alien , 10% predator , just like a normal alien , 90% alien , 10% human.

Obviously since it comes from an alien egg originally.

it supposed to be like that.
Something like 90% alien , 10% predator , just like a normal alien , 90% alien , 10% human.

Obviously since it comes from an alien egg originally.

Yep. The 10 percent would go to the mandibles, and some extra beef. But nothing more.

I for one don't think it's a joke, They say in the video that it is cast from the movie molds, I have seen lots of pix of the sculpt from the movie ( Movie book and Steve Wang's website) it's the same thing... I would hope they wouldn't roll a joke into the announcement of all of the AVP pieces, several of which have already come out.

I will bet it's going to be $1200.00 - $1500.00 range.

I for one don't think it's a joke, They say in the video that it is cast from the movie molds, I have seen lots of pix of the sculpt from the movie ( Movie book and Steve Wang's website) it's the same thing... I would hope they wouldn't roll a joke into the announcement of all of the AVP pieces, several of which have already come out.

I will bet it's going to be $1200.00 - $1500.00 range.

Hopefully not - or not many people will be able to afford it - especially right now with the economy the way it is

Here is an email response I just received from Tom about this peice being a joke or reality.. "No, it's for real. We saw the proofs come back from the manufacturer and they are in production now. not sure of the release date yet... Tom

Last edited:
Back