Life size dinosaurs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some more...
PICT0015-4.jpg
3819320264_2bd420888d.jpg

Alamosaurus;even the macquette is 5' long! Most impressive...
PICT0010-6.jpg
3810721763_bd5ccd6cac.jpg
3819323890_b1ed0b59e9.jpg

Albertosaurus.This one was perhaps the most fun(love them carnivores!) as well as the one I'm happiest with.The museum must feel the same way; he's all over their advertising for the exhibit.
Studio Y,a Canadian sculpting studio, did an outstanding job of enlarging my originals to spectacular full-size. One of these days I'll have togo see them for myself!..PS

That girl looks totally oblivious. Also, when I checked the site, I was led to believe that a colony of Leptoceratops are in the works. :D

Albertosaurus is my favorite of the lot, but they're all quite outstanding. I'm sure there's a way to edit the Albertosaurus in a video to come to life and assault that hapless child. :lol :emperor

A small herd of Lepto's are indeed in the works. The macquette was done in April, but the client then kept me hanging for 5 weeks while they tried to decide what the ear ought to look like. Here are couple shots of it...
PICT0008-6.jpg
PICT0025.jpg

This one was done in a modular fashion; that is, one body, one head a 'dual position' tail and 3 sets of legs. The upper beak had been damaged and was awaiting a repaint at the time of the painted shot. Again, I take no credit for the paint job, which my wife quite rightly describes as looking like a watermelon...PS

Oh, you're right, it does look like a watermelon. LoL, that's pretty cool. The forelegs look a bit thin, but is it pretty stable like that?

The proportions were approved by Peter Dodson, an acknowledged expert on Ceratopsia(and a good friend). His only complaint was the location of the ear;oddly enough, he couldn't really describe were he thought it should go. Nice guy, but sometimes a little vague...PS

Nice coloration pattern, but the forelimbs seem a bit scrawny for the squat posture - which is correct. Just a little bulkier on the front end and it's quite nice.

Me? Sure. It's far beyond my budget right now, though. :D

Any chance you could carry them in the store ? :D

I actually was able to see the attacking Raptor in person earlier this year at Dinosaur World in Cave City. It was easily the best piece there..though the retro dinos that inhabit the rest of the park were cool in their own right.

Last edited:
I wish the Albertosaurus would get more love than it does. It's a really cool dinosaur. Another one that I'd like to see pushed more is the Carcharodontosaurus. I love T-rex just as much as the next guy, but there are a lot of great theropods out there. It's great to see an albertosaur!

It seems that Oxmox Studios will be coming out with a 1:4 full body Tyrannosaurus Rex.:banana

It says it on their ad in the Prehistoric Times. If they can keep it under two grand, I just might pick this up....eventually.:D

I saw that as well..and they've been saying a 1/1 Velociraptor as well...I just need pics and a price.. ;)

I do know one place that has a nice looking Rex about 16 ft for 1199.00 though it's in a rearing posture.

https://www.visionarium.us/htm7/dinosaurs.html

I had been saving for one, and the price last year was 799.99 plus the 300.00 I was quoted for shipping ..now it's 1199.00 plus the 300.00....that's going to be another good while now.

Are those in the pics above available for sale ?

It seems that Oxmox Studios will be coming out with a 1:4 full body Tyrannosaurus Rex.:banana

It says it on their ad in the Prehistoric Times. If they can keep it under two grand, I just might pick this up....eventually.:D

Wow. Wish I could justify a financial expenditure of that nature which was purely self-indulgent. More power to you, my friend. Do post pics if and when! :D

Wow. Wish I could justify a financial expenditure of that nature which was purely self-indulgent. More power to you, my friend. Do post pics if and when! :D

Will do my friend. I'm thinking i'd get the lifesize Deinonychus V.2, before i'd get the rex. Only time and finances will tell.:lol

I saw that as well..and they've been saying a 1/1 Velociraptor as well...I just need pics and a price.. ;)

I do know one place that has a nice looking Rex about 16 ft for 1199.00 though it's in a rearing posture.

https://www.visionarium.us/htm7/dinosaurs.html

I had been saving for one, and the price last year was 799.99 plus the 300.00 I was quoted for shipping ..now it's 1199.00 plus the 300.00....that's going to be another good while now.

Are those in the pics above available for sale ?

The Rex looks a little too cartoony for me. Plus that price is without being painted.:horror

I don't know how much it would cost to paint that thing.:(

I didn't mind 799.00 for it..and I would have painted it myself for around 25.00 maybe taxidermy eyes after that and it would be another 50.00 or so.

OXMOX might be able to make a 1/4 around 2000.00 it would about what ? 12ft or so ?

But shipping form the UK to here would be awful...now if it's from the Australian branch than not so bad.

My last purchase of 1/1 dinos was a pack of three Compies from Josh :

100_0471.jpg

Can't wait to add them to the Park this Spring.. :D

Last edited:
I didn't mind 799.00 for it..and I would have painted it myself for around 25.00 maybe taxidermy eyes after that and it would be another 50.00 or so.

OXMOX might be able to make a 1/4 around 2000.00 it would about what ? 12ft or so ?

But shipping form the UK to here would be awful...now if it's from the Australian branch than not so bad.

My last purchase of 1/1 dinos was a pack of three Compies from Josh :

[imghttps://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/zar264/100_0471.jpg[/img]

Can't wait to add them to the Park this Spring.. :D

In that case it wouldn't be that bad. Looks like it would take awhile to paint. I say more power to ya, if you've got the talent.:cool:

Fixed your image, Blade.

100_0471.jpg

Josh did a nice job. Did he use glass eyes, or just some kind of glossy coat?

Yeah, I was editing several times there..I fixed one thing, then found something else. Thanks !

Here's Josh's specs :
This guy ended up being 18” long (25” if the tail was straight), 9 ¾” high with the base. I am going to be adding acrylic eyes and a acrylic rod (instead of the wooded dowel) for future compys.
-Josh

I'm anxious to see how he alters the poses of the other two I wanted..one hissing/mouth open..the other looking up with that curious turn to the head.

Here's a slightly closer pic :

100_0464.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the claws on the piece, and the metacarpals and phalanges seem a bit too rounded. Also perhaps a bit more detail to the body itself. Seems a tad too polished and not rough enough in texture. Other than that it definitely looks like quite the cool piece. Good score. :rock

I had the same impression about the claws..he said he individually molds them and can sharper ones. It looks like he did really well o nthe head then just didn't put as much effort into the body..could be the paint job though..maybe it's my eyes but I think I see more detailing around the leg area..maybe it went soft with casting. All issues I'll bring up if warranted when I see it. ;)

Back